-Lasts a long time
-Packaging is messy (as are all mineral/powder products)
Tad expensive for a drugstore foundation. I buy two of these, one in a lighter and one in a darker shade. This way all year round I'm able to blend the two depending on the time of year, when I'm tanner/paler.
Blending and reapplication are very easy. But I don't use the brush that comes with this. I use the kabuki brush from Bare Escentuals, which is larger and seems to provide more even coverage. I assume any large kabuki brush would do the trick.
Not terrible, but really not great. Perhaps my skin is sensitive to talc, but it breaks me out and it usually winds up going on too thick for my liking. Great coverage, though. Good for occasional wear, but daily wear wreaks havoc on my skin.
this stuff is fantastic! I've been using it for at least 3 years now maybe more and I will continue to use it as I've tried plenty of foundations and haven't found anything better. The color I buy (light ivory) matches my skin tone perfectly and the coverage is great.... covers up all redness and blemishes without looking heavy. I do find that its better if I reapply once during the day, but that not bad. It also feels great on my skin and doesn't dry it out like some other mineral makeups. I don't know why, but I think it has also cleared my skin, and I notice that I tend to break out a little if I quit using it for a few days.
I have used L'Oreal cosmetic products for many many years and have generally found them to be very effective and reasonably priced which was why I purchased this foundation a week ago. I was initially impressed as I found my perfect colour match (which is normally very difficult as I am pale with yellow tones) and the coverage wasn't overbearing. However after using this product for 3 days i developed a small pin prick rash on my cheeks which i initally ignored to my peril as the following day my face was scarlet with a serious pin prick rash which covered my entire face and neck, my eyelids were swollen and my entire face felt like it was on fire with itching added to the mix. I am currently taking oral steroids for the allergic reaction and had to use topical steroid creams on my face which is far from ideal but when you look in the mirror and see what I saw you'll take whatever the doctor gives you. I can honestly state that this foundation was the cause and I obviously stopped using it and returned it to the retailer who was horrified when they saw my face and neck. I would always recommend that you test this product for a couple of days somewhere discreet as you might react as I did but then again I'm sure plenty of people will not react as I did. From reading articles online it turns out that there is a random percentage of the population that may react to one of the ingredients in this product "Bismuth Oxychloride" which can as I found be pretty nasty. Well that's my story with regards to this product and I personally wouldn't for obvious reasons recommend it and advise people to test before they slap it all over their face.
Please note that I have normal skin which isn't overly sensitive and I have never had an allergic reaction like the one I had with this product - nor have I had acne or rosacea although now I look pretty bloomin awful and I am just waiting for my skin to get back to normal.
Update: Changing my ratings for this. I noticed my skin clearing up after I quit using this, I am noticing that it must be the Bismuth Oxychloride in products that is one of my major triggers for breakouts. The frustrating thing about this product is the ingredients state "may contain" Bismuth Oxychloride. Perhaps some of my pots of this in the past had little or none of this ingredient, hence periods of clearer skin. I have decided to give a pass to this mineral makeup for now, until I find an affordable one with none of these problem irritants. I had tried Prestige's mineral powder, but the lightest shade was still a bit dark for my skin tone in the winter months, though it was otherwise problem free. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I break out from everything. I mean everything. I've used this off and on for 3 years and it doesn't seem to be the cause of my spot problem nor does it exacerbate. I use it with the ecotool kabuki since the lid brush does suck. I apply a light dusting to set my Vichy anti imperfection foundation (brain fart on the name of it precisely), and I use the lightest shade of this in winter, and the next shade darker in summer. I like how this blends and covers, especially if I have a grotty spot or any redness. Given the ingredients I'm frankly stunned by by good luck with this one! If I found a comparative mineral powder with coverage like this that were more natural, sure I'd try it, but til then I'll stick with this
This is one of very few L'Oreal products that I have ever been dissatisfied with. I was unhappy with the sparkly/glowy/shimmery look this gave my face, but I was even more unhappy when, a few hours into wearing this, my skin started feeling tight and itchy.
My mom bought this for me as an alternative to what I used to use. I like that it is easy to apply and gives good coverage. I have combination skin though, and it flakes a bit on the dry areas and kind of builds up on the oily areas. I'm assuming that no one else gets close enough to my face to notice this though.
I've used the concealer in this line, and really liked how it worked. I purchased this recently, unsure of what to expect due to the mixed reviews I'd read about it. I have fair, oily skin w/ large pores on my nose. I've tried a few other mineral foundations, but hated the way they accentuated my pores, and felt cakey. Well, let me say, this product is very different! I feels smooth, and creamy, covers/hides my pores, and leaves my skin looking airbrushed. I've read that the packaging isn't great (and that's true) so I dump a bit of the powder out into my clean palm, and used my own kabuki brush instead. I blend gently into my skin in circular motions. (no swirl,tap or whatever...) Result: seamless, beautiful foundation. Will update on the lasting power of it, as I've only used for two days now. So far, I'm really loving it! :)
***Edit- I still think this is the best mineral foundation on the market, but it just won't work with my oily skin. No matter what I wear underneath, my skin looks oily and greasy within 1 hour of application. Really want to love it, but it's probably better for normal to dry skin types :(
I'm still debating if I'll purchase this again. The key to using this foundation is buying a different make up brush. I purchased an eco tools kabuki brush and I love it. I have sensitive skin so the first time I tried using the brush that came with the foundation, it irritated me. I've been using this daily for over a year. The product packing is now starting to crack. You can get the make up back into the container if it tips over during travel. Good coverage overall.
Let me begin by saying that I have quite bad skin. Bad in that it is extremely unpredictible. It ranges from dry flaky patches unwilling to succumb to moisturisation, cystic acne, extreme oiliness and tends to peel around any blemishes I have, leaving them more obvious looking. It's terrible!
I used liquid foundations for a couple years (ranging from higher brands like Estee Lauder, to L'Oreal, to Natio) and also a couple of pressed powders. This was the first loose powder I used - the first mineral powder I used. And looooved it.
I think that it's my HG foundation and I can't understand why everyone still uses liquid so much.
- It has AMAZING coverage. I have no need for concealer at all. However, probably wouldn't cover undereye circles. ( I'm not sure - I don't have any) It fully coversall the acne redness on my face, covers every blemish.
- It doesn't sink into any lines or the scabbing skin around my blemishes.
- It is buildable. I can do a light sweep across my skin for just a little coverage, or apply more for heavier, going out makeup.
- IT CLEARS UP MY BLEMISHES! I assume that it dries them out? Anyway, if I have quite bad skin and lots of blemishes, this foundation genuinely clears them up. I have done a test using liquid foundations (chanel/mac) and the next day my blemishes look the same (sometimes worse). With this foundation, without a DOUBT, the next day they seem to have shrunk, dried up a bit, and on the way out. I love that. My skin has improved overall in the years I have been using this foundation and improved as soon as I started.
- Staying power! Is excellent! I've slept in this foundation many times (bad, bad, I know - but doesn't break me out with this) and woke up the next day looking like it hasn't budged!
- Even though it's a powder, I do find myself looking a little oily later on, always around my nose. But I am SUPER oily.
- It can pick up my dry flaky skin a little. But I've gotten into a better skin routine anyway so that's not really an issue anymore as my skin is more healthy.
- THE PACKAGING! My biggest gripe. The brush is really horrible, dump it as soon as you get it and use your own. It ends up scratchy on your face, and applies the foundation to heavy and concentrated. It's okay if you're takign the foundation in your bag and you wanna do a little t zone sweep or something, but for full application I would not use it. Also, the holes that the powder come out have no way to be closed. So basically, if you put this in your bag or something you will NOT be able to open it. The powder will all be sitting on the top, as soon as you open it it will fall out everywhere and you won't be able to get any on your brush. What I tend to do is when I run out I remove the hole part (which I do anyway to get the last of the powder out towards the end) and pop some from my new on in there, and put that in my bag. Much easier.
- It makes my pores look bigger. They are quite huge, so this is annoying.
- It tends to get more orange as the day goes on.
- The colour range is very average. I am not pale enough for the lightest, and the second lightest is too dark. One of the shades is too pink, the other too orange. I tend to fake tan though so it becomes less of an issue.
Overall I have been using this for 4ish.. years. It is my safe go to foundation that I will always have, especially if I'm trying something new and worried it might not work! (I'm very picky and will redo my whole face if the skin doesnt turn out right).
My only word of warning would be in regards to application. It needs to be applied carefully.
Absolutely love this though and would DEFINITELY recommend!