L'Oreal Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

3.5

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3% , Zinc Oxide 5%. Talc, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, Carnauba Wax, Cetyl Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Trisocetyl Citrate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Panthenol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

on 2/3/2012 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a nice mineral powder with good coverage but once again, it has a very very slight luminosity to it which over emphasises the wrinkles around eyes and shows up pores. It is so hard to find a mineral powder with no luminosity or sheen. Stays on all day. I used to use this in my younger days but maybe I'm just getting too wrinkly for powders now! Probably a good choice for younger skins who just want to have a natural but finished look.

on 1/29/2012 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I found this foundation as a replacement to Bare Escentuals or Sheer Cover. I tried both of those on an auto pay system. I wont focus on those, just that it became too expensive to keep buying every couple months. L'Oreal Bare Naturale is a very good substitute in my opinion. I still splurge on a nice radiance or blush to pair with this and it looks virtually the same on my skin. I also find that I do not need a concealer other than under my eyes because it covers really well. I was happy with how well it covered because I do get the occasional blemishes, especially around that time of month. I have very fair skin with pink undertones and find that the Soft Ivory matches perfectly. It looks good in natural light or bright lights. You can buy this for approx. $10 at Walmart, Amazon or look for bogo sales. It lasts me about 2-3 months. I wear it maybe 5 days a week, and need a decent amount to give what I consider full coverage. It looks great in any light and stays well enough. I always moisturize overnight and before applying foundation. I do not find that my skin dries out any more with this product vs a liquid or even the more expensive mineral foundations I mentioned. I am still in search of the "perfect" HG foundation for my skin, but until then, this is great!

on 1/25/2012 12:23:00 PM

I love this foundation! I have combination/sensitive skin, and this product couldn't work better with my skin. It covers up my dry patches better than any other foundation, including wet foundations! It stays on very well, and I even get compliments on my skin and trust me my skin is far from perfect, but this foundation makes even my skin look flawless! Looks good outside in daylight too, most people I know think that I don't wear make up because it blends so well.

on 1/23/2012 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

-This mineral foundation is very light - my skin can breathe doesnot feel stifled.
-Gives me Medium Coverage that can be built up - can cover my melasma decently. Photography beautifully like I have great skin!
-Stays put for atleast 7 hrs without altering color/oxidizing
-Pleanty of shades for all skintones - perfect shades.
-Matte Finish
-Doesnot Break me out (very imp for me.)
- Economical & good quality.
Unlike Bare Escentuals this doesnot give me an unnatural shine( like a sharkskin almost looks like I have metallic face with Bare Escentuals
Also it has more & better shades than Bare Escentuals.
I have both but I prefer l'oreal's mineral foundation - it is much better.
Cons - I have to make sure that my skin doesnot have flakes/is not overly prune like dry or blotchy as mineral foundations donot apply or look good then.
Hate the pakaging donot like the brush applicator.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I'll reach for this foundation every now and then since I have combo/dry skin and I just prefer liquid foundations. But this foundation is great to use if you're in a hurry as a little bit of this goes a long way, it's so easy to use and blends nicely. This is the first mineral powder foundation I've tried and I'm very impressed. The coverage is amazing yet it feels like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.
I'm not a fan of the brush that comes with this: it's rough and prickly and has the tendency to make my skin even more dry and flakey in appearance. I use a different brush. Apart from that, the product itself is great! Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/6/2012 11:15:00 AM

This has been my go to foundation since it first came on the market several years ago. I used to use liquid foundations all the time but found they would always make me break out and would feel really heavy on my skin. This feels light, let's my skin breath and the coverage is great for me. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin at all. I also always had difficulty matching liquid foundations with my skin tone. This product however matches perfect. I also love the powder concealer from this line. Really covers up any dark spots or imperfections well.

on 1/2/2012 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros
-Blends well
-Good coverage
-Lasts a long time

Cons
-Packaging is messy (as are all mineral/powder products)

Tad expensive for a drugstore foundation. I buy two of these, one in a lighter and one in a darker shade. This way all year round I'm able to blend the two depending on the time of year, when I'm tanner/paler.

Blending and reapplication are very easy. But I don't use the brush that comes with this. I use the kabuki brush from Bare Escentuals, which is larger and seems to provide more even coverage. I assume any large kabuki brush would do the trick.

on 12/14/2011 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not terrible, but really not great. Perhaps my skin is sensitive to talc, but it breaks me out and it usually winds up going on too thick for my liking. Great coverage, though. Good for occasional wear, but daily wear wreaks havoc on my skin.

on 12/10/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this stuff is fantastic! I've been using it for at least 3 years now maybe more and I will continue to use it as I've tried plenty of foundations and haven't found anything better. The color I buy (light ivory) matches my skin tone perfectly and the coverage is great.... covers up all redness and blemishes without looking heavy. I do find that its better if I reapply once during the day, but that not bad. It also feels great on my skin and doesn't dry it out like some other mineral makeups. I don't know why, but I think it has also cleared my skin, and I notice that I tend to break out a little if I quit using it for a few days.

on 12/2/2011 10:28:00 AM

I have used L'Oreal cosmetic products for many many years and have generally found them to be very effective and reasonably priced which was why I purchased this foundation a week ago. I was initially impressed as I found my perfect colour match (which is normally very difficult as I am pale with yellow tones) and the coverage wasn't overbearing. However after using this product for 3 days i developed a small pin prick rash on my cheeks which i initally ignored to my peril as the following day my face was scarlet with a serious pin prick rash which covered my entire face and neck, my eyelids were swollen and my entire face felt like it was on fire with itching added to the mix. I am currently taking oral steroids for the allergic reaction and had to use topical steroid creams on my face which is far from ideal but when you look in the mirror and see what I saw you'll take whatever the doctor gives you. I can honestly state that this foundation was the cause and I obviously stopped using it and returned it to the retailer who was horrified when they saw my face and neck. I would always recommend that you test this product for a couple of days somewhere discreet as you might react as I did but then again I'm sure plenty of people will not react as I did. From reading articles online it turns out that there is a random percentage of the population that may react to one of the ingredients in this product "Bismuth Oxychloride" which can as I found be pretty nasty. Well that's my story with regards to this product and I personally wouldn't for obvious reasons recommend it and advise people to test before they slap it all over their face.

Please note that I have normal skin which isn't overly sensitive and I have never had an allergic reaction like the one I had with this product - nor have I had acne or rosacea although now I look pretty bloomin awful and I am just waiting for my skin to get back to normal.