July 22, 2014 | 2251 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Natural Bronzer - 21 Sun Light

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by sparklykitty12345

Pros
-buildable
-a little goes a long way
-comes with a lot of product

Cons
-ORANGE (I have pale skin and it looks terrible on me! Like a cheapo spray tan)
-terrible packaging (The lid doesn't close properly. I've dropped the thing at least 3 times because the lid wasn't attached.)
-no mirror
-no brush

As you can see, I'm definitely not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Icaria

I'm pleasantly surprised by this bronzer. My intention was to get Clinique or Nuxe ($31 & $40 CDN) but at the pharmacy this morning I decided to try this one. I'm glad I did. It's natural with very little shine and for $5 CDN it's a steel. True the packaging is cheap but I keep my bronzer in my cosmetic case at home. It goes on nicely and the color is buildable. Careful, it is a little orangy. I may eventualy try another, but for now I think I'll be good for summer with this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by skstone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've gone through 4 of these & just bought another backup today during the 50% off Rimmel sale at Walgreens. This is the perfect WINTER bronzer for me. It's a light, subtle, bronze glow! I use Rimmel Sun Bronze for my summer bronzer since it's darker :) Amazing buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by christiina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is exactly as it says - "natural". It goes on lightly and is very subtle, but you can build it up if desired.

Great as an all-over bronzer, as well as for contouring.

I bought this and the Too-Faced Chocolate Soleil at the same time, and I'd say that this is definitely comparable. It is perhaps a little orangey compared to the Too-Faced bronzer though.

If you look at the bronzer in the package, you can see tiny little shimmer particles, but I've found that it does go on fairly matte, and you can only see very small shimmer particles if you look right up close (they are very pretty though, I actually like it).

Packaging is meh - no mirror, and the clear plastic cap doesn't twist close tightly.

But overall impressed with this bronzer and would repurchase. (Wish I could give a 4.5 instead of a 4).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by ariannalynn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty pale, and I've been afraid to try bronzer because I was concerned that I'd look orange or it would look too obvious. I finally got over it and decided to buy this. It's such a great bronzer!
I use this everyday! It's great because it gives my skin the perfect tint. It also provides some coverage. The matte look is very natural. I doubt I'll use another bronzer because I love this one so much. The only downside it the packaging, it's a bit cheap.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ryoung001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a good bronzer and sculpting tool. Isn't shimmery like the others and is nice and matte. Price is awesome i think. I'm not too keen on the packaging but whatever, it does what it's supposed to. I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by malabu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This bronzer is not a disaster, it's acceptable (and cheap), but it's a little too orange on my fair skin and that is exactly the reason why I have avoided bronzers before. It doesn't look fresh and glowy as I want it to! I think some people are so seduced by it's low price that quality becomes a second priority, but for me a low price doesn't change my opinion about a product. The packaging is very "drugstore" and plastic, not the best. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ktwinks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm new to matte bronzers, and I got this one after watching a couple youtube videos. I wanted to try something drugstore so I could "practice". It's lightly colored and therefore easy to work with. However, it has a slight tint of orange, but I can work with it (it was 4 bucks!) and I still like it nonetheless :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by diorshowgirl

This bronzer is awesome for women with fair skin tones. It looks very natural, and not at all orangey. My other favorite is NYC sunny, which I use as a contour powder. I like this even better because it can be used for countouring purposes, or to sweep all over for a more tan look. It's really hard to overdo it with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by avazq8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first bronzer was Lancome's Star Bronzer and it was instant love. It was a gift and out of my price range, so once it ran out, I bought the Rimmel version, and I wasn't disappointed.

This is the shade I turn to during the winter months and I use Sun Bronze (it's a little darker and has some shimmer) during the warmer months. I purchased this after having been pleasantly surprised with SB.

PROS:
- Fairly inexpensive, although it should be just a tad cheaper considering the flimsy packaging.
- A little goes a long way, and it's easy to blend and build.
- Because it's matte, it looks very natural on most skin tones.

CONS:
- Flimsy packaging and lid doesn't close completely (it'll just keep going around and around).
- Doesn't come with a brush applicator or mirror.
- Obviously won't travel well and you'll need to treat it with care.

For me, the pros outweigh the cons so I'll continue buying it.