December 19, 2014 | 827 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Kelle17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

After coming off of birth control, I got terrible acne that I couldn't control no matter what I did. My doctor recommended this face wash. About two weeks in, my acne was completely under control, and I wasn't getting any new pimples. I thought my terrible acne 'phase' was just gone. I then ran out of the tea tree face wash and just bought some drug store scrub (Clean & Clear). Well, my acne came back faster than it went away. I am now back to using the Tea Tree face wash, and my acne is going away again. Each person is different, but I now swear by this stuff! It's amazing.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by OwThatGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily, extremely acne-prone skin. Most products break me out so I am always really careful about my skin care products. I heard many good things about tea tree oil usage to clear up skin, so I decided to try out the skin clearing lotion from The Body Shop. The lotion was very drying, but I decided that I liked how drying it was because it could dry out any spots that I was getting. So I decided to buy the rest of the tea tree line. In a way, the tea tree line did dry up my spots, but it did not prevent new ones from forming in any way and the spots left dark marks on my face in a way that salicylic acid never caused me to have.

This face wash did not prevent my new acne from forming and I feel like it actually caused me to breakout more than if I were using no product at all. I used it alone with no positive results, so I tried using it with my Clarisonic and still nothing good happened except flaky patches all over my face. I rarely have flaky patches of my skin because it is slightly oily and the flakes made it so that I couldn't apply my usual foundation without it looking terrible.

I heard that tea tree oil works after prolonged use because of the initial "purging" of the skin that happens within the first two weeks, so I kept using this product twice a day until I had about half left in the container. If a product does not give your positive results within 6 weeks, I've also heard, it never will. So I stopped using the tea tree line and went back to the Clearasil products that give me clear skin.
The tea tree line sounded great, but I've found out from using it that my skin pretty much hates tea tree oil.

PROS:
Definitely dries out skin

CONS:
Leaves acne spots extremely flaky before the bump actually goes down
When pimples dry out, they leave very dark marks
Takes a while to see any kind of positive results
Initial "purging" stage never actually ended with this product
Face didn't feel especially clean after using it
Does nothing for blackheads or whiteheads

The sales associate at The Body Shop near my house actually told my friend before that their face washes are bad and that she shouldn't purchase them. I should have heeded her words and gone straight to the nearby Lush if I wanted to try more natural face products!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 11:10:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

Tea Tree Oil Face Wash is a decent product that works well on combination skin that is not too sensitive to fragrance or lathering agents. I used this product for about 2 months and found that it did help calm down any redness in my face. I love the minty smell and it feels so crisp and clean when applying. My skin feels very moisturized and smooth after using. I rate this product 3/5 due to the following reasons:

-price

-can only be purchased at The Body Shop locations (or online)

-did not clear all of my acne

-small size for the price paid

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by tinkerbell1993

Yes this product does not have the best smell. but I started using this product along with the lotion, and I haven't had a pimple on my face since. Only thing i'm hoping for is that it will help my acne marks go away. You have to be patient when getting a new cleanser as it will adapt to your skin. it usually takes about a month or 2, But me my skin had cleared right away, and haven't had one break out since using this!! Only product I will buy now for my acne prone skin. Finally glad to find something I really like.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Julianana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Even though I have oily skin it dried out my skin, which became so fragile that got bacteria infection, and I ended up having more pimples than before.......I have tried so many tea tree products , and unless they are mixed with an essential oil (like hemp and tea tree) they dry the skin too much. tea tree should be applied only on the spots.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by swiftie13

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this face wash!! I tried the foaming version, but it dried out my skin :O so instead, i use it with a face brush and it works really well!! I have combination, more on the oily side skin and let me tell you, this works wonders. It is well worth its price too because there's a lot in it and lasts very long! I have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin and i would ABSOLUTELY buy it again!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2013 7:55:00 PM More reviews by TheManyPromises

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Im 50/50 with this product. I used this product for 4 months and noticed a little change. Im quite lucky to have clear skin but every now and then I get the usual pimple. After using this product I noticed that it calms the skin. By this I mean it has reduced redness to pimples and make them smaller in size. There is so much product in the bottle and I LOVE the smell of tea tree.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by MirandaKirk

I have acne prone, oily, combination skin.
It makes my skin worst. Breakouts, breakouts, breakouts. I wouldn't recommend this. My skin feels really soft after using this (for about 3 minutes). It doesn't make my skin dry. Doesn't really do anything, except, breakouts.
It doesn't work out with my skin, but a lot of people find this useful, so give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by beeba92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Surprised to see such low rating??
This product is awesome. It's been about a year I've been using this product and it really helped me to kept my spots to minimum. Love its smell. It lasts for very long time so worth £5. (But used to be £4 shouldn't have increased the price!)
I also use The Body Shop Tea Tree Morning n Night lotion which really helped to clear my blemishes and control oil level. It honestly has helped me ''A LOT'' to clear up face. This range is AMAZING.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by jennawilson123

Felt I had to writea review on this product. I have suffered from severe acne for about six years. I was prescribed a variety of different creams and antibiotics by the doctor, none of which made a lasting effect. I used this product, along with The Body Shop Tea Tree toner and the tea tree skin clearing lotion. Within the first few weeks of using I noticed an effect and since then has improved so much that I now have no spots left and my skin never breaks out. It sounds very cliché but these products have had a life changing effect for me!