April 24, 2014 | 1371 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by pjgjones

I LOVE my Smashbox Primer! This particular one looks peachy in the container, but applies clear. Although it is pricey, you only need a small bit for your entire face. I discovered this when I lived in FL (the worst hot, humid, makeup melting state!) in an effort to keep my makeup on during the course of a day.

I apply a pea-sized amount over my entire face. It really goes on very smoothly. So far, my very sensitive skin has been fine with the fragrance. You DO have to wait the one minute (as recommended) before applying makeup, or you don't get the full benefit of the staying power. If you don't wait the one minute, you will get the primer balling up and getting funky as you try to finish your makeup. I try to apply this and go do something else for 5 minutes, then return and finish my makeup.

My only complaints are 1) fairly pricey (although I have done better purchasing new bottles on ebay when I can get them) and 2) the packaging leaves quite a bit to be desired. I have gone through 3 bottles now, and the pump has broken on every single one. Since the bottle is glass, there is no squeezing out the remainder of the product. I have had to resort to Qtips to get out the rest of the product (because I WILL get my money's worth). However, I do this this happily since I love this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really had high hopes for this product, but unfortunately, it didnt do much. Retails for $28 and is supposed to fill the fine lines around the eye area. It goes on smoothly and helps concealer go on more smooth with more slip to it. However, it didnt really erase any wrinkles. I prefer the Clarins product to this. I do like the pen packaging better than the pot Clarins comes in but its still not worth the price tag. Nothing special.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by yunhebao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this once. The texture was greasy and it smelled funky :-P But once you put it on it dissolves into your skin fairly quickly and leaves a nice and smooth surface. However it broke me out, so i will not recommend this to others who are acne prone.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2008 6:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahyamada1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Got this in a kit for good price, however my skin didnt feel as smooth for foundation (BE) as the benefit's primer dr feelgood

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by waterchika

OK, maybe I am jumping the gun, but I guess that is what the edit option is for. I got this travel size in a kit I ordered (The Supernaturals Vol. 2 I believe-it is fabulous!), and am using it for the first time today. I have a Fresh primer that I have used occasionally but that one is more of a lotion, where this is very coney. I don't use primers often because my skin isn't *that* bad, but after using this today I might change my mind! I only needed a tiny bit. I use Benefit play stick foundation AS WELL AS Purminerals powder over that for perfect skin. Usually, due to all the powder (because on top of PMinerals I also use blush and bronzer) my skin tends to feel a teensy bit cakey to touch and by the middle of the day starts to look a little less than perfect. It's 1 pm, I've had makeup on since 7am and my skin not only LOOKS amazing still, but it FEELS like I don't even have makeup on while touching my face. I also like that this has an SPF. I know some of you hate these primers because they make your skin feel greasy, but I have pretty normal skin so it doesn't bother me. Yay! I got a great bargain on this too because it was in the kit.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by jam95630

I bought the small travel size version of this product because I wasn't sure if I wanted this or the oil free version of Smashbox's primer. I've been using this for a week now and I like it better than the regular formula since it feels less oily on my face. But I noticed that the lines on my forehead are less deep. I'm totally loving my skin right now so I will definitely buy this product again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by lirial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The pump is nice in that it dispenses just a little product at once, plus it remains sanitary. I hate that the cap won't stay on the bottle, though. The smooth texture of this primer feels nice on the skin and makes it easy to spread and blend. However, I find that the silicone in this prevents it from sinking in as well as I like in a primer. It does make foundation cover much better, and I think I use less foundation when I wear this. However, I like to blend with my fingers, and I find that this primer is so touchy that it really needs to be blended with a brush or cosmetic sponge to avoid streaks. My face looks flawless but natural when this is paired with a light liquid foundation, but with my combination skin, I do find that I get a lot of oil buildup after more than four or so hours. I like that it makes my foundation wear longer without settling into fine lines, but I prefer a more matte formula. It's good, it does what it says, but I'll look for something more appropriate for my skin type. I probably won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by mariaelena40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

All in all, works as it should. When it's cooler I wear this, it doesn't make me look oily, but if I were to wear this in warm weather it seems to make me more oily! I like the fact that it has spf, any amout extra helps in my book. A little goes a long way and you can add more without feeling "heavy".

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2008 3:46:00 PM More reviews by greentea143

I have used this for a couple months now. I use it under makeup when I go out and it makes my makeup stay a bit longer, but majority of the times I just use it for the spf when i'm not wearing makeup to work five x a week. This is what I think of it: its not a miracle product, it does what it says and smooths out my skin, but leaves an oily finish that I have to blot with oil sheets every 2 hours. I had no problem with the product coming out and seen no balls or hard stuff when I apply on my face, very easy to put on, the pump works great for me, but really the formula is a bit too oily. All in all, I wouldn't buy this primer again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:27:00 AM More reviews by perfectknight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is nice, but not the HG I hoped for. It helps my foundation stay on a little better, but not any kind of miracle. I have large pores and it helps those look a lot smoother, which is more of what I'm after. I use Clinique Pore Minimizer as well, and this feels nicer, but isn't any more effective - and for the price, it really should do more. Also, I hate the packaging. Product dries in the pump, then when you use it, little grains of dried product come out in the new stuff and so you have to pick little sand-like bits off of your face. Gross.
Still, it feels silky and smooths me out. I don't know if I'll buy more.