August 30, 2014 | 1586 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by sweetfacedlion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It works fine, classic packaging, and reasonably priced. It tends to flake into my eyes, though, when it starts to dry out a little.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by rebaminahan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not sure why it got so high mark reviews on those magazines. I tried out first time during evening. Put on both upper and lower lashes. Just one coat. No more than an hour, I got raccoon eyes. I gave another try druing daytime. One one coat on upper lashes. Less than 2 hours, I got black marks on the bottom. I didn't put anything on my bottom lash. It made my eye itchy a little bit too. Just want to test out the waterproof feature, but I I'm very disappointed.

Besides the waterproof is not working, it's other features, like extending, curling, thicking, it pretty nothing. I used Chanel mascrara. One coat is all it needs to make my asian short and straight eyelashes dramatic.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by esquexox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like this mascara. If you use a different wand it's a little better but consistency is very thin. Took so many coats to get somewhat near my desired look.

I much prefer Maybelline's Define-A-Lash.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/14/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by rxqueen011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Horrible mascara! I bought this in brown, which is pretty much black. The formula is very runny and gets everywhere. It also clumps like crazy and the wand is absolutely useless! It doesn't fan or anything, no matter your application technique. Sure you could run a lash comb through, but you have to do it over and over and it winds up bringing down my curl. Lashes felt crunchy. Was harder to remove than any other WP mascara I have tried, even using my trusty SK Remove. A few lashes fell out over the course of the evening after mascara was removed. I will never ever buy another Great Lash mascara. They all stink!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by razorbackrobin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Raccoon eyes by the end of the day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MarianCan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this mascara a few days ago and have been applying it about 8am and now here it is..almost 9pm and its still there.I had noooo idea that this holds a curl like it does.If I had know that,I would have bought this, sooner!Anyway..just my opinon..this mascara does not clump,doesn not smudge,and does not flake.Not much in the way of length(maybe a little more)my eyelashes are not long,by no means.But geezzzz,this mascara holds my curl!!!!!AND,after it being on my lashes allllllll day:))))I was actually puzzled,like..why?...lol!! I did purchase today at Walmart(the waterproof mascara in Full and Soft..just to compare.I have tried Lash Blast and its YUCK!At least on my lashes..lol!So wish me luck Ladies:)And oh yes,I will repurchase the Waterproof Great Lash:)
Update..I tried this full and soft mascara and I dont know what all the hype is about it!I tried it today and the curl was already going down about 2 in the afternoon..where as the Maybelline Great Lash waterproof one,its curl held up to 9pm at night,from about 9am in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara.
I curl my medium length straight lashes with a spoon (google it!).
Then I use this mascara just to define, separate and blacken my lashes.
The result is a very natural look, perfect for daytime.
The brush is great imo (i have the straight brush) and allows me to get to the very base of my lashes.
This is my alternate (cheaper) fav to full'n'soft.

Overall - 4
Price - 2 (cheap!)
Packaging - 4 (can look cheap-ish and bulky)
Buy again - Yes

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by shannyn07

I don't understand why this has an Allure award.. It smudges :( esp. compared to my Maybelline's Define A Lash.

I found it to be soft and comparatively cheap. I don't remember it clumping too badly, but overall, the extent of the smudging threw me completely off this after the first day. My Asian lashes tend to be pushed down, so I need mascara that won't smudge if it happens to brush my undereye.

This is not it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a nice, basic daytime mascara. It gives my average lashes soft and natural definition. Plus, it really is waterproof! I like it on its own, and also as a mascara base for other mascaras (it seems to work just as well as my Shiseido mascara base). Nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by azng4life

I have really straight, Asian lashes that are impossible to curl. When I went to my friend's house, she had this mascara and I decided it would be worth it to use it because there's all this hype about it. Due to the fact I didn't use a heated curler that day, my curl's didn't stay, but the mascara did thicken my lashes nicely. Turns out, after school that day I had track practice when it was absolutely pouring down rain and I had no hood. When I went into the locker room, I noticed super minimal smudging from this mascara. There was an extremely light shade of gray in a strip under my lower lashes but nowhere near what I'd usual get from using other mascaras.

CoverGirl's marathon mascara used to be my HG mascara despite the fact it was somewhat hard to remove and you lost some eyelashes in the removal process, but this one seems like a good replacement for it.

EDIT: I recently repurchased this mascara yesterday and wore it today to a pool party. The application is very thin, but enough to look completely natural and have a decent hold on the curl of eyelashes. Due to the fact I was wearing eyeliner and mascara at the same time, i couldn't tell which one was smudging but both held up extremely well for about 2 hours in the pool before I rubbed my eyes.