April 16, 2014 | 1482 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by MarianCan

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this mascara a few days ago and have been applying it about 8am and now here it is..almost 9pm and its still there.I had noooo idea that this holds a curl like it does.If I had know that,I would have bought this, sooner!Anyway..just my opinon..this mascara does not clump,doesn not smudge,and does not flake.Not much in the way of length(maybe a little more)my eyelashes are not long,by no means.But geezzzz,this mascara holds my curl!!!!!AND,after it being on my lashes allllllll day:))))I was actually puzzled,like..why?...lol!! I did purchase today at Walmart(the waterproof mascara in Full and Soft..just to compare.I have tried Lash Blast and its YUCK!At least on my lashes..lol!So wish me luck Ladies:)And oh yes,I will repurchase the Waterproof Great Lash:)
Update..I tried this full and soft mascara and I dont know what all the hype is about it!I tried it today and the curl was already going down about 2 in the afternoon..where as the Maybelline Great Lash waterproof one,its curl held up to 9pm at night,from about 9am in the morning.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by hbwf87

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara.
I curl my medium length straight lashes with a spoon (google it!).
Then I use this mascara just to define, separate and blacken my lashes.
The result is a very natural look, perfect for daytime.
The brush is great imo (i have the straight brush) and allows me to get to the very base of my lashes.
This is my alternate (cheaper) fav to full'n'soft.

Overall - 4
Price - 2 (cheap!)
Packaging - 4 (can look cheap-ish and bulky)
Buy again - Yes

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by shannyn07

I don't understand why this has an Allure award.. It smudges :( esp. compared to my Maybelline's Define A Lash.

I found it to be soft and comparatively cheap. I don't remember it clumping too badly, but overall, the extent of the smudging threw me completely off this after the first day. My Asian lashes tend to be pushed down, so I need mascara that won't smudge if it happens to brush my undereye.

This is not it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a nice, basic daytime mascara. It gives my average lashes soft and natural definition. Plus, it really is waterproof! I like it on its own, and also as a mascara base for other mascaras (it seems to work just as well as my Shiseido mascara base). Nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by azng4life

I have really straight, Asian lashes that are impossible to curl. When I went to my friend's house, she had this mascara and I decided it would be worth it to use it because there's all this hype about it. Due to the fact I didn't use a heated curler that day, my curl's didn't stay, but the mascara did thicken my lashes nicely. Turns out, after school that day I had track practice when it was absolutely pouring down rain and I had no hood. When I went into the locker room, I noticed super minimal smudging from this mascara. There was an extremely light shade of gray in a strip under my lower lashes but nowhere near what I'd usual get from using other mascaras.

CoverGirl's marathon mascara used to be my HG mascara despite the fact it was somewhat hard to remove and you lost some eyelashes in the removal process, but this one seems like a good replacement for it.

EDIT: I recently repurchased this mascara yesterday and wore it today to a pool party. The application is very thin, but enough to look completely natural and have a decent hold on the curl of eyelashes. Due to the fact I was wearing eyeliner and mascara at the same time, i couldn't tell which one was smudging but both held up extremely well for about 2 hours in the pool before I rubbed my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by mgoatandv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't understand why I keep reading about this mascara being the number 1 choice of make-up artists. It smudges, it's clumpy, and the wand is short with a very simple and short brush. The only good thing about it is that it's cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by iuhooch625

My absolute HG mascara, hands down. I know Great Lash gets a lot of hate here on MUA, but for me it works perfectly. I have very long, stick straight lashes that I must curl every day. What I need in a mascara is to thicken, darken, and HOLD A CURL. I also don't want a lot of extra length added on. This mascara does all of those things perfectly for me. I love how thick this makes my lashes look and the waterproof formula doesn't uncurl my lashes. I'm done trying other mascaras because I'm always disappointed. If you have eyelashes like mine, I would highly recommend this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xoxojentry

I needed a waterproof mascara without paying a lot of money, so i picked up the Great Lash. I hate it!!! It barley does anything to my lashes! The only good thing about it is it gives my bottom lashes a good amount of length without going overboard!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by kitkatelectric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

i dk why its advertised as america's number 1 mascara. it's not even buildable. your lashes are super stiff and theres no volume or lengthening. the only good thing is that its not really that clumpy and the brush will separate lashes. other than that its pretty crappy. i knew it was crappy tho, i just wanted to try it at least 1x in my life

UPDATE
as strange as it is, i let this product dry out a little bit and now its my favorite mascara. i like this better than lancome mascaras and even my colossal volum express.. i also tried YSL mascara and its about the same as this one

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by drugstorediva

i love this mascara! it works great for me. wonderful pigmentation, great staying power, and it really makes my lashes stand out! sooo cheap i love it!