Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 11/17/2009 9:59:00 AM

This gives a nice soft finish. I'm not sure if it controls oil, because I've been wearing it over the oil control foundation, which seems to work well, but between the two, my face stays matte for what seems like forever, and I have oily skin.

I don't like the compact much. It feels flimsy, like if I opened it too roughly or dropped it, it would explode. It's got a sleek look but a cheap feel - a light, cheap plastic.

Still, the contents are working well for me so far.

on 10/25/2009 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Unfortunately no luck with this powder :-(
Poor oil control (I am shiny again after like half an hour), the lightest shade is too dark for me (PPP) and it's extremely fragile (no, I didn't even drop it! It was in my bag all the time). It also tends to look cakey if you don't blend it well and that's just not what you want to do if you already have foundation on.
Perhaps my skin is just too oily for it :-( I really wanted to like it.

on 10/13/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in Light Medium after reading the many positive reviews and decided to give it a try. I was really looking forward to using this as a finishing powder with my Revlon ColorStay liquid foundation.

After application, it didn't look powdery and settled very well into my skin. The shine control was decent and it had a velvety finish. Unfortunately, it made me look very pallid (pale and ghostlike). The pallidness of the powder does mean it provides decent coverage -- just in a bad colour. I couldn't stand the (lack of) colour, and so immediately washed it off. Hence, I cannot say anything about its lasting power or any long-term effect on the skin.

A shame about the chalkiness but it's an otherwise okay powder.

on 10/4/2009 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using new complexion before this, so decided to try this. It's just as good as new complexion goes on smooth, gives good coverage, keeps skin matte but lasts longer. Color selection is not that great and it's a bit pricey compared to maybelline powders which are just as good. I would only repurchase if i found it on sale, otherwise i will buy dream matte by maybelline.

on 8/25/2009 12:54:00 PM

Overall it works as a great finisher over my foundation, but only if you use a brush. Use of the puff seems to make everything cakey. And the case isn't the best design either, rather flimsy. But I have oily skin and use it over Maybelline Stay foundation and it works rather well, better than Cover Girl or Maybelline. I will definitely buy again. Didn't break out my sensitive skin either, that's a first.

on 8/10/2009 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is an alright powder, but I would not buy it again as I am looking for something better. The smell is practically not there.. No flowery-smell like in Covergirl powders. Smells a bit like olive oil actually. I have a feeling this clogs my pores a little, but since i've been using it regularly it's gotten better. So if you need something that is non-comedogenic I'd look elsewhere. Shade medium does a good job of blending in with my skin, no weird pink tint or anything. It is also good for giving a smooth matte look.. Doesn't flake as much on me as Covergirl Clean. Does it keep the matte finish for 16 hours? Absolutely not.. more like 3-4, since I'm in the desert and sweat a lot when I ride my bike to school. In fairness, I have never worn it with it's "ideal" match, Colorstay foundation. Overall it gets the job done, if you just need shine-control.

on 7/29/2009 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Smooth and even application. Oil control is about average for my oily skin, holding back shine on the t-zone for 4 - 5 hours. It can't be re-applied because it goes cakey but blotting the area with blotting papers evens everything up again without disturbing coverage. Lasts all day.

"Light" shade is a nicely balanced light beige, not pink-beige like Maybelline or Covergirl pressed powders, but it is too dark for fair skin and gets darker on oily skin as the day goes on. "Translucent" in the new ColorStay range is better for me. (This is the one without softflex, and has a half moon see-thru window in the lid). It brightens very fair skin yet doesn't look white. However, I never take it out with me with it as the mirror is ridiculously tiny.

on 7/25/2009 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This powder isn't the best from Revlon. I love their colorstay liquid foundation for combination/oily skin but, this powder falls flat. I'm a C7 MAC or Caramel in the Colorstay foundation. I purchased this in Dark during a CVS bogo (glad I didn't purchase two of these). The color is OK only a little light, but, if you are any darker than I am this if a big NO for you. I can get away with wearing this brushed on lightly with a big powder brush. It's weird there is no powder for the darker colorstay shades. The powder is coarsely milled, looks powdery/chalky on the skin and doesnt do much for shine/oil control. The color does not stay as implied by the Colorstay formulation. The packaging is cheap and the puff in this thing is a joke. The puff even cut me under my eye. I'm throwing this away. If you are on a budget and need a powder from the drugstore for darker skin either get something from Black Opal (almost as good as MAC) or Try Maybelline's dream matte powder (not the best, limited color choices, but finely milled)

on 7/21/2009 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Didn't work for me; I had cakey results with both sponge applicator and brush, and I broke out around my nose within 24 hours. Returned to Walgreens.

on 7/17/2009 1:12:00 PM

This is a pretty decent basic pressed powder. I was contemplating buying a Prescriptives powder to use over my Prescriptives foundation, but just hated to pay their price. This was $9.95 at Walgreens, but was on sale 40% off when I bought it, so that helped my decide to try it. I bought it in light. I have pretty fair skin, but the fair looked more pink toned, and I am more yellow toned. (I am level 2 warm in Prescriptives). This powder was a pretty good match for me, not perfect, but acceptable. It leaves a natural looking finish, matte but not too dry. Adds a bit of coverage. I have not tried using it by itself to see what it would look like. The puff that comes with it is horrible. It's stiff and plastic feeling. I think they could provide a decent puff with a $10 powder. If I want to carry this in my purse, I would have to purchase a better puff, or use a brush. To apply it at home, I used the Full Flawless brush from Bare Escentuals. This worked well. I had to buff the powder a bit, because when I just quickly brushed it over my face, it looked a bit chalky. But the extra buffing with the brush worked it in and took the chalky look away. It held up very well throughout the day. Reduced my shine quite a bit. Did not completely keep it away all day, but greatly improved it. All in all, a pretty good powder. I think I would buy it again, but at the same time, I think I am still searching for the perfect powder for me.