April 19, 2014 | 1767 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Smooth and even application. Oil control is about average for my oily skin, holding back shine on the t-zone for 4 - 5 hours. It can't be re-applied because it goes cakey but blotting the area with blotting papers evens everything up again without disturbing coverage. Lasts all day.

"Light" shade is a nicely balanced light beige, not pink-beige like Maybelline or Covergirl pressed powders, but it is too dark for fair skin and gets darker on oily skin as the day goes on. "Translucent" in the new ColorStay range is better for me. (This is the one without softflex, and has a half moon see-thru window in the lid). It brightens very fair skin yet doesn't look white. However, I never take it out with me with it as the mirror is ridiculously tiny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This powder isn't the best from Revlon. I love their colorstay liquid foundation for combination/oily skin but, this powder falls flat. I'm a C7 MAC or Caramel in the Colorstay foundation. I purchased this in Dark during a CVS bogo (glad I didn't purchase two of these). The color is OK only a little light, but, if you are any darker than I am this if a big NO for you. I can get away with wearing this brushed on lightly with a big powder brush. It's weird there is no powder for the darker colorstay shades. The powder is coarsely milled, looks powdery/chalky on the skin and doesnt do much for shine/oil control. The color does not stay as implied by the Colorstay formulation. The packaging is cheap and the puff in this thing is a joke. The puff even cut me under my eye. I'm throwing this away. If you are on a budget and need a powder from the drugstore for darker skin either get something from Black Opal (almost as good as MAC) or Try Maybelline's dream matte powder (not the best, limited color choices, but finely milled)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2009 10:08:00 PM More reviews by bratalier

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Didn't work for me; I had cakey results with both sponge applicator and brush, and I broke out around my nose within 24 hours. Returned to Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a pretty decent basic pressed powder. I was contemplating buying a Prescriptives powder to use over my Prescriptives foundation, but just hated to pay their price. This was $9.95 at Walgreens, but was on sale 40% off when I bought it, so that helped my decide to try it. I bought it in light. I have pretty fair skin, but the fair looked more pink toned, and I am more yellow toned. (I am level 2 warm in Prescriptives). This powder was a pretty good match for me, not perfect, but acceptable. It leaves a natural looking finish, matte but not too dry. Adds a bit of coverage. I have not tried using it by itself to see what it would look like. The puff that comes with it is horrible. It's stiff and plastic feeling. I think they could provide a decent puff with a $10 powder. If I want to carry this in my purse, I would have to purchase a better puff, or use a brush. To apply it at home, I used the Full Flawless brush from Bare Escentuals. This worked well. I had to buff the powder a bit, because when I just quickly brushed it over my face, it looked a bit chalky. But the extra buffing with the brush worked it in and took the chalky look away. It held up very well throughout the day. Reduced my shine quite a bit. Did not completely keep it away all day, but greatly improved it. All in all, a pretty good powder. I think I would buy it again, but at the same time, I think I am still searching for the perfect powder for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by marrymeferris

I was excited to try this product in hopes of finding a powder that would control the shine on my face throughout the day. However I was disappointed with the results. Although it does control shine longer than most pressed powders, I did find myself having to reapply it a couple of times, and it actually started to look cakey. Not only that, but it was hard to wash off with regular face wash and is just too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder looks good on me, it doesnt look powdery even when I layer it as long as I blend it. Gives light coverage. Covers light redness. I have this in Light, it is not yellow which is the problem I normally have. all black compact 0.3oz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Maxipoodle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I just got this a couple of days ago, but I still wanna review it now, so I will, well I got this in Medium and I'm an NC40 in MAC SFF, but the powder works pretty good, it has some coverage , not as much as a foundation but I wasn't expecting that either, but over all this was more than I expected it has good coverage for being a PP, it was cheap, and it is long lasting, but the packaging is ver very bad!!! super flimsy and sick, like uber cheap looking I cant even stand it!!lol but the powder inside is pretty great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Jocky80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great powder for setting your makeup. Feels like it really fixes it on your face. I haven't tried the other colorstay products but I have heard thet they are good.
I use this powder with a powder brush for a light dusting or with the sponge for more setting or covering redness or to blot my face.
I don't know if it is just me but when I first put it on it also helps the foundation not to rub off as easly. Leaves a plastic-y feeling (plastic fantastic)to the face (when you touch it), think it has to do with the film builders that it contains that help to fix your makeup at place.
For oil and shine control this works as any other powder,leaves a natural matte finish to the face.
If you want a powder to set your makeup try this one. This doesn't last 16h on my oily face but it does prolong your makeup! I don't use this daily but when I do, I don't have any problems with big breakouts/clogged pores.
Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this during CVS bogo and nicely surprised! This powder is really great and not cakey at all! I do have to say that Revlon needs stop increasing their so much! But I will get more when they have another bogo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 1:16:00 PM More reviews by marvin1

I got this product on BOGO with the Colorstay liquid foundation. When I used those two together, the result was cakey and heavy. Recently, however, I began using my Studio Fix Fluid with this on top as a setting powder, and it has worked wonders to keep my T-Zone oiliness at bay, as well as preventing the fading and oxidization of SFF. For reference, I am a NC25 and I used the Light version of this. The powder is a little bit lighter than the SFF, but it blends in after a while. Revlon claims that this is finely milled, but when first applied it is a bit grainy and you can see that I am wearing powder. However, as the day wears on, it blends with the natural oils of my face and produces a nice and smooth finish.

This powder offers very low coverage when applied with a brush, so it is not a powder foundation like the Studio Fix Powder. The packaging is not great but I only use this in the morning so the frailty of the plastic doesn't really bother me.