December 19, 2014 | 1158 users online

Eyeliner - Almay - Liquid Eyeliner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by nurseypills

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Tiny brush that does not bend. Color way too dark- bought "brown"; ended up with harsh black shade. Difficult to apply- made thick lines no matter how light a hand that I used- still ended up with Cleopatra/Ronnie Spector look. Price was fairly steep for drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used this eyeliner off-and-on for 10 years. I like the brown color. I like the way it is in a small tub (for lack of a better word) and has a precision wand that you dip as opposed to a liquid pen. The color is very pigmented and you definitely will look like you are wearing eyeliner. I am not devoted to this product and veer away from it on occassion. I think I have figured out that the biggest point of dissatisfaction for me is the wand. When you first purchase the eyeliner, the wand is super pointy and precise. After a few uses, the wand dulls and creates a thicker line. I like the thin line best. The thicker line reminds me of a hoochy-mama middle school student who is just learning to apply makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by phalaenopsis_619

This is my first liquid eyeliner, and I'm very glad I picked up a good drugstore product because I tried other eyeliners later on and they cannot be compared to this. It doesn't rub off, smudge, flake or melt. The wand is easy to apply, it's on the thicker side, but it's very easy for beginners to control the thickness. The colour is very pigmented (which I took for granted until I tried other eyeliners). This is one excellent product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ZoeEli

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my main eyeliner,i have it in just black. This is the first black eyeliner i came across that actually goes on good and stays! I love it. If you dont wanna splurge and take a risk on some fancy liquid eyeliner i suggest this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by BellaGlam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty good liquid liner, I have the brown shade.

It has a nice brush (wish it was a little thinner) Applies smoothly and dries fast, lasts pretty long if you set it with a powder on top.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 6:54:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so furious with this eye liner & Almay. I have been buying Black Noir Almay liquid eye liner for years. My HG of eye liners. I have recommended it to others, ranted about how wonderful it is. Reviewed it countless times. Praised Almay for it's quality products. Just loved it.

BUT NOW

I just opened a new packet 2 days ago and Almay have changed the formulation. It is no longer a strong, bold one stroke black. Now it is a watery grey consistency and you literally need to restroke about 5-6 times to get a semi-full black colour with watery greyness leaking on the edges. Disgusting and unacceptable for the price tag of $20 in Australia.

Absolutely revolting and I am done with Almay. Changing formulas on products to substandard crap (to cut costs no doubt) is not winning my loyalty. Best place for this eye liner is in the bin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by victorianlace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great liquid liner! Obviously there is a learning curve for liquid liner and I think this product is great for getting the hang of things. The wand has a nice long handle which creates better stability and the tip of the brush is very thin so it's easy to get a natural effect and not one big fat line. It's also nice that the formula isn't too dry so if you make a mistake while applying it, you can rub it away without making a huge mess. The color pay off is great and I've never had a problem with melting or flaking. I also like Almay because their products are kind to eyes and those who wear contacts. Consider this product if you are interested in starting with liquid liners.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by susancrazymoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this eyeliner used to be one of my favorites. I really like the design and that it stays on all day. =}

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by loveforbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the drugstore liquid eyeliner I am always, always repurchasing!!! It's my absolute favorite liquid eyeliner! I honestly don't know what people are complaining about! I have oily skin and it stays put just fine. Eyeliner in general is a MUST in my makeup routine. I will go without mascara or eyeshadow or lipstick, but I NEED liquid eyeliner. I love how dark and pigmented the black color is. It's long-lasting and it doesn't rub off or fade, even if I sweat or get oily. The handle is perfect in size. I apply first at the outer corner of my eye and work my way in with light strokes. For a bolder line you use the side of the tip. I don't know, maybe it's just me having a good, steady hand with liquid liners. I have my best friend to thank for introducing me to this eyeliner a few years ago. :) I always plan to buy a MAC liquid eyeliner, but why spend the money on that when this Almay one works perfectly for me? I've tried the Revlon ColorStay liquid eyeliner which is good too,but I find that the brush is too stiff on my eyelid. Maybelline's is really good also, but I have a hard time finding it for some reason. Overall, awesome eyeliner, I love love love it!

EDIT (01-16-13) - I still like this eyeliner, however, I have moved on to the L'Oreal Lineur Intense Liquid Eyeliner. Almay is still a good one, but it does crease a bit at the crease of the outer corner of my eye, while the L'Oreal one does not do that. So I have changed this rating to a 4.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite drugstore liquid liner! Small easy to use applicator,long lasting and affordable