Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

3.9

******NEW FORMULA: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane CrosspolymerSilica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77491/Iron Oxide, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 75470/Carmine.

I like this product a lot. Other users have mentioned that its a tad oily - I use this on my forehead and cheeks and chin not on my nose. I mix this with concealer and apply under the eyes so I don't layer too much under my eyes.
Reasonable amount - lasts forever!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is some good stuff.. And does everything that it promises. The name Instant Smooth is so true!

on 3/23/2011 2:16:00 PM

I got a sample of Instant Smooth a while back with a Clarins order that I did from their website and ignored it in my make up box. I finally started using it and I LOVE IT. I put it around my eyes and my concealer totally smooths onto my skin like butter.

I like the effect of Instant Smooth in that it does hide my imperfections aka wrinkles. It's worth the hype! The price is reasonable too...the stuff lasts forever! I now have my sister hooked on it too! It just makes your makeup glide on....foundation looks better, concealer lays perfects on and doesn't go into lines. This stuff is fantastic! I will be using it FOREVER!

on 3/7/2011 9:46:00 PM

This product is great! I got it as a sample and bought the real deal too. It is smoothing and soothing on my dry/sensitive/acne-prone skin. It COVERS my flakes i get from using acne medicine and fills in my pores and uneven spots. Its a balm like texture that works over all my moisturizers and i like to use it best under my lancome duel finish compact powder - seriously flawless and oh so natural!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is not for sensitive skin, since it contains SD Alcohol (the most drying type of alcohol), and I'd bet that it's drying for many people. Alcohol makes my skin peel within a day, and that's what happened with this. I did not notice any pore-minimizing effects and it seemed slightly greasy, and definitely left my T-zone shiny. (It also has oil in it, which I have a hard time putting on my T-zone.) Overall this might be much better for people with less sensitive skin. I returned it to Sephora and exchanged it for NARS Pore Refining Primer, which is amazing and everything I was looking for - a matte, tight, silky finish that controls oil but doesn't contain alcohol!

on 2/27/2011 1:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Pros:
- It instantly fills in pores and mattifies the skin; I was surprised the first time I used it as it feels like putting an eraser to my pores
- Leaves the skin feeling and looking smooth throughout the day
- You only need to use the tiniest amount

Cons:
- The price; although the tiny pot will probably last for a long time and I'm very happy with the results, it still feels overly expensive
- You have to wait at least a couple minutes before applying, which can be frustrating if you're often in a hurry

on 2/26/2011 4:20:00 AM

Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch is one of the best primers I've ever used. It does not have the greasy feeling Smashbox Photo Finish gives me.
It does smooth out your complexion and disguise pores instantly. It's easy to apply and you only need a tiny amount of product each time. It makes the perfect base for foundation. I don't mind the jar packaging. I would definitely repurchase! continued >>

on 2/7/2011 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This product did minimize my pores a little for oh about 5 to 10 minutes as it rubs off easily and also its effects don't last with my oily skin and it also feels very heavy on my skin when i wear it, and when i try and apply makeup over top it just rubs off to whether i apply makeup with a brush or hands. I think perhaps for people with dryer skin it may work better but for me it didnt. Won't be repurchasing.

on 12/25/2010 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this is the best primer I have used and I hate, hate, hate primers. I have a drawer full that I never use. I got this because I have genetically large pores, which is my main issue for needing a primer. I usually hate them because they make me feel like I'm smothering my face and most of the time make no difference in how my makeup looks or lass. This one is a bit different. It comes in a pot which I know some people don't like. You need just the tiniest bit, which means this tub may last you forever, despite it's size. It has a creamy consistency but more like a lighter version of a cream with lots of silicone's in it. So silicone sensitive folks, you will not like it. I ma only using this on my t-zone, which is wear my issues are. I break out on my chin, so I tend to avoid using silicone there. This made my makeup go on smooth and my pores much less noticeable. I wore this under Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra and my horrible skin actually looked pretty good. My makeup looked fresh most of the day, even long wearing does not last on me, so that's a bonus. I did notice if you over apply, you may get greasy feeling, so literally a tiny bit is all you need.

on 12/6/2010 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Meh. I'm thinking this is quite similar to the L'oreal primer that also comes in a jar, though I haven't tried it. You get this in a small red jar and there's not a lot of product in it, well luckily you don't need much for your whole face. It does smooth out the face and makes it feel velvety but I don't notice any significant change to how my foundation lasts. And I have a stick foundation that just doesn't work with this. This was also a bit pricey..Still looking for my HG...:/

Popular Primer/ Correctors