October 2, 2014 | 1788 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 6:30:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not for sensitive skin, since it contains SD Alcohol (the most drying type of alcohol), and I'd bet that it's drying for many people. Alcohol makes my skin peel within a day, and that's what happened with this. I did not notice any pore-minimizing effects and it seemed slightly greasy, and definitely left my T-zone shiny. (It also has oil in it, which I have a hard time putting on my T-zone.) Overall this might be much better for people with less sensitive skin. I returned it to Sephora and exchanged it for NARS Pore Refining Primer, which is amazing and everything I was looking for - a matte, tight, silky finish that controls oil but doesn't contain alcohol!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by gbb333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
- It instantly fills in pores and mattifies the skin; I was surprised the first time I used it as it feels like putting an eraser to my pores
- Leaves the skin feeling and looking smooth throughout the day
- You only need to use the tiniest amount

Cons:
- The price; although the tiny pot will probably last for a long time and I'm very happy with the results, it still feels overly expensive
- You have to wait at least a couple minutes before applying, which can be frustrating if you're often in a hurry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2011 4:20:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch is one of the best primers I've ever used. It does not have the greasy feeling Smashbox Photo Finish gives me.
It does smooth out your complexion and disguise pores instantly. It's easy to apply and you only need a tiny amount of product each time. It makes the perfect base for foundation. I don't mind the jar packaging. I would definitely repurchase! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:13:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product did minimize my pores a little for oh about 5 to 10 minutes as it rubs off easily and also its effects don't last with my oily skin and it also feels very heavy on my skin when i wear it, and when i try and apply makeup over top it just rubs off to whether i apply makeup with a brush or hands. I think perhaps for people with dryer skin it may work better but for me it didnt. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 11:33:00 PM More reviews by redheadjane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is the best primer I have used and I hate, hate, hate primers. I have a drawer full that I never use. I got this because I have genetically large pores, which is my main issue for needing a primer. I usually hate them because they make me feel like I'm smothering my face and most of the time make no difference in how my makeup looks or lass. This one is a bit different. It comes in a pot which I know some people don't like. You need just the tiniest bit, which means this tub may last you forever, despite it's size. It has a creamy consistency but more like a lighter version of a cream with lots of silicone's in it. So silicone sensitive folks, you will not like it. I ma only using this on my t-zone, which is wear my issues are. I break out on my chin, so I tend to avoid using silicone there. This made my makeup go on smooth and my pores much less noticeable. I wore this under Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra and my horrible skin actually looked pretty good. My makeup looked fresh most of the day, even long wearing does not last on me, so that's a bonus. I did notice if you over apply, you may get greasy feeling, so literally a tiny bit is all you need.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 8:23:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh. I'm thinking this is quite similar to the L'oreal primer that also comes in a jar, though I haven't tried it. You get this in a small red jar and there's not a lot of product in it, well luckily you don't need much for your whole face. It does smooth out the face and makes it feel velvety but I don't notice any significant change to how my foundation lasts. And I have a stick foundation that just doesn't work with this. This was also a bit pricey..Still looking for my HG...:/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

At first, I was amazed at what a small amount of product you receive for the price. I figured it would last me maybe 2 months with daily use. Then I used it and realized what a tiny amount you need to do your whole face (or just those areas where you feel you need it).

While some may not like the open jar packaging, this is sold with its own spatula to ensure hygiene and this seems to work perfectly for the texture of the product, which is far too thick to be packaged in a tube or pump. The added "beauty" is that it is easy to get every last bit of the product you have paid for!

This is a lovely primer. While it doesn't "fill in" wrinkles and make a 50 year old look like a 15 year old, it does soften the look of any lines, giving a sort of "soft focus" look. It imparts this softened look even if you wear it without any foundation over top. And I love using it under my eyes....it helps concealer go on very smoothly and perfectly and seems to help it stay fresh all day, without settling into under-eye lines or going grey or chalky as the day progresses.

While it seems a lot to pay for such a small jar of "stuff", it is actually very good value and a great product that gives excellent results.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very light and smooth on the skin but it did not make any other impression on my skin. It feels calming and it does provide a "grip" for the foundation to grab onto. What I expected and did not get is smaller pores. More specifically, blurring them so makeup lies smoothly. It evened out the slight redness around my noise and the general smoothness can be seen and felt. But clinique pore minimizer was just as effective at almost half the cost. That didn't minimize the pores either and mine are not big to start with. For the cost of this tiny jar I'm not content with a general even tone that any decent moisturizer can also provide. I never had good luck with primers and this one was no exception. I'm looking for an air-brushed glow that is so hard to get for dry gals. But still the search goes on.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

I donít normally use primers because of my dry skin but decided to try this product to use underneath my eyes. The main problem I was experiencing was that no matter how I applied my concealer, it would look cakey a few hours after application accentuating the fine lines underneath my eyes.

It comes in a tiny red jar, with a small curved spatula and has a light pink waxy balm consistency. The perfector sets on the skin in a few minutes, visibly smoothing out the skinís surface and prevents my fine lines from showing and doesnít budge for the whole day. However, the silica powder I apply on top might be helping itís performance.

I canít comment too much on the lasting power for the rest of the face as I have pretty small pores and only use it underneath my eyes.

The packaging doesnít bother me too much as I canít think of anything better to suit itís consistency. Overall, I like this product and would repurchase because it works.
The main drawback is itís price, pretty dear for 15ml. Not sure how long that will last me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by snowflake91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this primer! Out of the millions of brands I've tried, this one is the only one that doesn't accentuate my dry spots and makes my foundation glide on so evenly. The texture is lovely, it soaks into my skin and doesn't just sit on top and isn't oily at all. Once it sets in a few minutes your skin feels baby soft and smooth. My liquid foundation stays perfect for about 8 hours with or without a powder touch up, however be careful not to use too much product as it can make foundation patchy later in the day.

Edit: My skin has become oiler over time (it's been a long time since i first reviewed this!) I still love this for winter but in summer i start to become combination instead of dry so i have found a better mattifying moisturiser which i use as a primer. So, still 5 lippies for dry-normal skin and also because i have tried it in summer and it still works well if i only use a serum and no moisturiser, just not the best for extremely oily days.