July 30, 2014 | 2005 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update: Kinda realized this is like glue and is giving my blackheads, oxidizes, and is too oily... sigh

This product actually helped my skin rather than hurt it. I couldn't believe how clear my skin was when I started using it...Even my dermatologist was floored. It just helps mattify (with blotting once a day). Its very sheer coverage, but what I find it people dont look at your flaws, they look at the overall which this product help improve. I really really love it and dont even feel the need to wear concealer on scars when I use it. I feel like LM makes product for acne prone skin.. I just love her stuff. A win every single time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought this at Sephora at SGD$68 in Nude shade (MAC NC25-30). Texture of the TM is quite runny and oozes out when I first opened it. Coverage wise, it’s very sheer and does not cover my light acne scars much. However, it does cover redness. I have oily skin and this shines after 2-3 hrs, when used together with the LM translucent loose powder. I believe that there are other TMs out there that does a better job than this, considering the price of this. I will not be re-purchasing this due to its sheer coverage (too sheer for my liking, though it’s a TM) and price.

You’ll probably like this if you have clear skin (with no blemishes, scars etc) and dry to slightly combi skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by marvel1

I don't lather this product on so much so that it does not feel as cakey (as some other reviews have claimed), but i do use Laura Mercier's Universal invisible loose setting powder which sets the makeup perfectly- evening out the coverage and ensuring less shine. Did not break out from using this product and it does an okay job at controlling the oil on my face. The smell however is atrocious, but i try to ignore it knowing that it gets the job done.
A lot of people prefer to use their hands to apply the product, but personally using an ordinary stippling brush allows for a less cakey feeling while still providing the right amount of coverage desired.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by stephwh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this tinted moisturizer more, but I don't find it's that special. Since I have acne prone skin, I bought the oil-free tinted moisturizer, but it still made me break out during the first couple days using it, although this doesn't happen anymore. I really like the colour, since it matches my skin perfectly and makes my skin look glowy, but all in all, its just another tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by stina92da58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was great for the coverage I wanted. I had asked the sephora lady that I was looking for light coverage and something quick and easy that doesn't involve many steps in the morning. Only bad thing I don't like is the smell. It has a very strong SPF scent. I'm getting used to it now, but I can still smell it. Consistency is easy to apply, not too thick more on the watery side compared to many other moisturizers. I have ouly t-zone so I also apply the white translucent powder powder from sephora's line on top to help maintain the oil. If I don't apply the powder ill still look shiny with just this oil-free tinted moisturizer.

I will consider buying this again since it matches my skin color nicely and easy to tote around. But I might've found a new love- smashbox bb cream. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and I picked up this tinted moisturizer because of the hype. Plus my skin has been awesome so I felt more comfortable trying out a sheer foundation. I picked up the color "bisque" because "nude" was too light for me and "sand" was too dark. "Bisque" was too pink for my warm, yellow skin tone. This Tinted moisturizer does even out skin tone and goes on sheer but it did nothing for oil control. My skin79 bb cream did a better job with that. This TM def does not have a satin/matte finish; it leave a dewy finish. Def would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, after trying this tm in Sand, I must say that I like it, but I don't love it. You see, I have very oily skin and it is not for those of us with very oily skin. It has a beautiful, natural finish, very sheer to light coverage; they claim it's buildable, but I doubt that. Besides, you only get but so much coverage with any tinted moisturizer. I apply it with a sponge over clean, un-moisturized skin, then go over strategic areas with my Shiseido foundation brush. And it is flawless. I think my biggest issue with this, and the reason I won't be re-purchasing is because even if I set it with powder and prime first, my whole face is soooo shiny and it just fades right away after about 2-3 hours. And the price......well, it is Laura Mercier after all. I do love her line, though, and I'll say this much: if you have dry to slightly oily skin and want something that you can quickly slap on in the morning and know it will look great, then definitely give this a whirl. But if you are very oily and shine is an issue/concern for you, don't bother. And did I mention that it has sunscreen?

PS--I am a solid medium-toned, with a little red around the nose and chin, half Lebanese, half Anglo-Saxon and Sand was a perfect match.
For reference, I am MAC NC35, Armani LSF in #6, L'Oreal True Match in N4 Buff Beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was just okay for me. For reference, I'm Asian, strong yellow undertones, about NC25, normal skin. I got a sample of this product from Sephora in nude and it had yellow and pink undertones. It oxidized a bit after a couple hours of wear, which I did not like. Coverage was sheer, so concealer was needed (of course) for spots and undereye. Scent was strong of sunscreen. Laura Mercier did not have a shade that was yellow enough for me, so I went with NARS instead. This product itself was okay. It left a very dewy finish and I brushed a light dusting of setting powder over it so I didn't look too shiny. This product would be great for somebody else, but I like NARS better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by hlzapf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Sephora. First off, it has nice coverage. Although, as others have said, it can have a dewy finish. It was a bit greasy for something that was oil free. I had to put a little powder over it. I would have continued to use it but unfortunately it made me break out. My skin had been completely clear and after a couple days of using this I ended up with 4-5 pimples. :( In reading the reviews, it looks like this isn't a typical reaction though. I guess i am just senstive to one of the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by missamerika67

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! I wear the color Bisque. It lasts all day, It's transfer resistant and unlike other I do not feel my face looks oily when wearing it. I think my skin look really good when I wear this. I put it on with my fingers, but I think it can be a little hard to apply, I have found that it is much easier if I put it on RIGHT AFTER washing my face and putting on my serum.. or within 5 minutes.

Anyways.. I love this stuff, I am excited to try more LM products!