September 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff REALLY broke me out. Which surprises me because my skin isn't all that sensitive. Within a week of using it I had 5 large pimples forming on my face. I've heard that the non oil-free version of this is better and less irritating. I don't think I'll give it a try though, I can't risk looking like this again.

Not to mention it gives an oily finish to the face. You'd think if something was oil-free it would have less of a chance of causing pimples and less of a chance of looking greasy - WRONG - this stuff is just not worth the hype. Get a large sample from Sephora before purchasing. Seems to work for some people but if you have acne prone skin, I would think twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I am on my second tube now! Really like how easy it is to apply onto my face, it gives a dewy nice finish after application. This alone doesn't really give much coverage to dark spots/acne scars/acne, so I use the LM Secret Camouflage to cover them, & finish it off with LM Mineral Powder to give it a matte look. Really like it how it doesn't feels heavy at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was doubting about this product, lately I haven't had very good skin but was tired of heavy foundations. I've read a lot on blogs about this and decided to purchase, it's very sheer and smells like sunscreen but gives a bit of color and covers the small imperfections. I just put this , some concealer and cheek stain and it's perfect for a completely natural look. The shade Sand it's a tad darker than my skintone but it gives a lovely color and feels very comfortable. It hasn't made my skin itch or breakout nor cling to dry patches. Overall I love it but I will be using it on vacations or good skin days.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This tinted moisturizer is a big disappointment. The price is expansive, the application is messy, the texture is dry, the finish is cakey... it has everything I hate from a foundation product. If you have oily skin, go with a regular oil-free foundation, if you have combination skin, go with a water-based foundation, if you have dry skin, go with a cream product, if you want light coverage with moisture, go with a bb cream. This product look oily on oily skin, look dry on dry skin, will not buy it again in a million years. BTW i loved LM products but this product changed my mind about LM, and I will stick with Bobbi Brown.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation to use as a light foundation in the summer. I didn't really use it this summer, as I started wearing mineral makeup more often. However, I started using the tinted moisturizer as a quick foundation in the winter- and it works great at evening my skin tone out (my skin's not that bad. If my skin was worse, this tinted moisturizer wouldn't really cover much). It does a good job of just making my skin look better than it does by itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Naturalisbliss1984

I have wanted to write a review for this product for some time now. This is my second tube of the Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer.
This is a great product for people with flawless skin. Unfortunately I have oily acne-prone skin, so this product did not cut it.

I went to Sephora wanting to try a tinted moisturizer because I was tired of using foundations that had a heavy mask-like effect. I was really excited to try this product and stuck with it. I must say that this was perfect for the summer, yet not so great in the winter as it did not provide enough hydration.

I would not recommend this product for men and women who want to cover up acne scars. This does not provide any coverage. I found that it was okay when I applied it and topped it off with the Sephora mattifying powder foundation.

Overall, I recommend this to anyone that needs sheer coverage and want a healthy glow. Since I do need heavier coverage for my acne prone skin, I am now trying the Laura Mercier oil-free supreme foundation, which I will try to review for in the future.
For a tinted moisturizer it is expensive, however a tube lasts a really long time, so it is worth the money.
Hope everyone has better luck with this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by vsd

not moisturizing, looks cakey by the end of the day, not much coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

I love the way this tinted moisturizer looks on my skin - it leaves it looking brighter and really evens out my complexion. the coverage is actually pretty good for a tinted moisturizer without being heavy or cakey at all. this product has also lasted me a really long time so it is worth the price. it hasn't broken me out and it doesn't make my oily skin look oily like some tinted moisturizers do. I highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Pyxxeestyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update: Kinda realized this is like glue and is giving my blackheads, oxidizes, and is too oily... sigh

This product actually helped my skin rather than hurt it. I couldn't believe how clear my skin was when I started using it...Even my dermatologist was floored. It just helps mattify (with blotting once a day). Its very sheer coverage, but what I find it people dont look at your flaws, they look at the overall which this product help improve. I really really love it and dont even feel the need to wear concealer on scars when I use it. I feel like LM makes product for acne prone skin.. I just love her stuff. A win every single time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 10:28:00 PM More reviews by chusuyuki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought this at Sephora at SGD$68 in Nude shade (MAC NC25-30). Texture of the TM is quite runny and oozes out when I first opened it. Coverage wise, it’s very sheer and does not cover my light acne scars much. However, it does cover redness. I have oily skin and this shines after 2-3 hrs, when used together with the LM translucent loose powder. I believe that there are other TMs out there that does a better job than this, considering the price of this. I will not be re-purchasing this due to its sheer coverage (too sheer for my liking, though it’s a TM) and price.

You’ll probably like this if you have clear skin (with no blemishes, scars etc) and dry to slightly combi skin.