November 26, 2014 | 1283 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this TM. I originally tried a sample of the regular, non oil-free one, but it tended to fade a lot throughout the day and get really shiny, so I decided to give this a try. I work in a hospital, and sometimes under the nasty fluorescent lights, a heavier foundation looks terrible! So I figured I'd try this for maybe a more natural look while still looking polished. It does the job! I love the way it covers/evens out skin tone and is undetectable on the skin-it looks like I have nothing on. I'm not a fan of dewy finishes (which is hard to avoid with a tinted moisturizer) so I use a Clarins loose powder over it to mattify it a bit. A little bit of concealer under my eyes and mascara and I'm set!

The main concerns I have with this product are lasting power and the fact that it doesn't really help to keep the oilies away. I do need to blot several times a day. But, I think that will always be an issue with me. I've gotten used to it by now! It also fades by the end of the work day, not as much as the LM original TM, but I was hoping it would last longer. I have used it both with the oil-free primer and without, and I'm not sure yet whether that makes a difference.

The tube is pretty big for the amount you need to use, and I'm sure it will last me a long time, so it's not really as expensive as it seems. I think now they have smaller sizes for $19.50 if you don't want to splurge on the full size...they also have a gigantic size for people who are obsessed and wanted the biggest tube possible.

I don't understand when people say it's for those with "good skin"....if you had bad skin or acne, I think a heavy foundation would look even worse over that???

I'm looking forward to using this during the warmer months too, as it is lightweight and feels really nice. Happy with this product :)))

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by annalynn77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I found this 2 years ago I have never gone back to foundation and that is pretty amazing as I have used foundation for prolly 20 yrs.. It covers just enough to even out skin tone and wears very well.. If you have a lot to cover up this isn't gonna work for you.. One tube lasts quite a few months so I think the value is good.. Love this and will continue to purchase..

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by SharonT14

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff REALLY broke me out. Which surprises me because my skin isn't all that sensitive. Within a week of using it I had 5 large pimples forming on my face. I've heard that the non oil-free version of this is better and less irritating. I don't think I'll give it a try though, I can't risk looking like this again.

Not to mention it gives an oily finish to the face. You'd think if something was oil-free it would have less of a chance of causing pimples and less of a chance of looking greasy - WRONG - this stuff is just not worth the hype. Get a large sample from Sephora before purchasing. Seems to work for some people but if you have acne prone skin, I would think twice.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by agnesbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I am on my second tube now! Really like how easy it is to apply onto my face, it gives a dewy nice finish after application. This alone doesn't really give much coverage to dark spots/acne scars/acne, so I use the LM Secret Camouflage to cover them, & finish it off with LM Mineral Powder to give it a matte look. Really like it how it doesn't feels heavy at the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was doubting about this product, lately I haven't had very good skin but was tired of heavy foundations. I've read a lot on blogs about this and decided to purchase, it's very sheer and smells like sunscreen but gives a bit of color and covers the small imperfections. I just put this , some concealer and cheek stain and it's perfect for a completely natural look. The shade Sand it's a tad darker than my skintone but it gives a lovely color and feels very comfortable. It hasn't made my skin itch or breakout nor cling to dry patches. Overall I love it but I will be using it on vacations or good skin days.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This tinted moisturizer is a big disappointment. The price is expansive, the application is messy, the texture is dry, the finish is cakey... it has everything I hate from a foundation product. If you have oily skin, go with a regular oil-free foundation, if you have combination skin, go with a water-based foundation, if you have dry skin, go with a cream product, if you want light coverage with moisture, go with a bb cream. This product look oily on oily skin, look dry on dry skin, will not buy it again in a million years. BTW i loved LM products but this product changed my mind about LM, and I will stick with Bobbi Brown.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation to use as a light foundation in the summer. I didn't really use it this summer, as I started wearing mineral makeup more often. However, I started using the tinted moisturizer as a quick foundation in the winter- and it works great at evening my skin tone out (my skin's not that bad. If my skin was worse, this tinted moisturizer wouldn't really cover much). It does a good job of just making my skin look better than it does by itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Naturalisbliss1984

I have wanted to write a review for this product for some time now. This is my second tube of the Laura Mercier oil-free tinted moisturizer.
This is a great product for people with flawless skin. Unfortunately I have oily acne-prone skin, so this product did not cut it.

I went to Sephora wanting to try a tinted moisturizer because I was tired of using foundations that had a heavy mask-like effect. I was really excited to try this product and stuck with it. I must say that this was perfect for the summer, yet not so great in the winter as it did not provide enough hydration.

I would not recommend this product for men and women who want to cover up acne scars. This does not provide any coverage. I found that it was okay when I applied it and topped it off with the Sephora mattifying powder foundation.

Overall, I recommend this to anyone that needs sheer coverage and want a healthy glow. Since I do need heavier coverage for my acne prone skin, I am now trying the Laura Mercier oil-free supreme foundation, which I will try to review for in the future.
For a tinted moisturizer it is expensive, however a tube lasts a really long time, so it is worth the money.
Hope everyone has better luck with this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:02:00 PM More reviews by vsd

not moisturizing, looks cakey by the end of the day, not much coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by chocolaterocks12

I love the way this tinted moisturizer looks on my skin - it leaves it looking brighter and really evens out my complexion. the coverage is actually pretty good for a tinted moisturizer without being heavy or cakey at all. this product has also lasted me a really long time so it is worth the price. it hasn't broken me out and it doesn't make my oily skin look oily like some tinted moisturizers do. I highly recommend this product!