April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by stina92da58

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was great for the coverage I wanted. I had asked the sephora lady that I was looking for light coverage and something quick and easy that doesn't involve many steps in the morning. Only bad thing I don't like is the smell. It has a very strong SPF scent. I'm getting used to it now, but I can still smell it. Consistency is easy to apply, not too thick more on the watery side compared to many other moisturizers. I have ouly t-zone so I also apply the white translucent powder powder from sephora's line on top to help maintain the oil. If I don't apply the powder ill still look shiny with just this oil-free tinted moisturizer.

I will consider buying this again since it matches my skin color nicely and easy to tote around. But I might've found a new love- smashbox bb cream. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 3:22:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and I picked up this tinted moisturizer because of the hype. Plus my skin has been awesome so I felt more comfortable trying out a sheer foundation. I picked up the color "bisque" because "nude" was too light for me and "sand" was too dark. "Bisque" was too pink for my warm, yellow skin tone. This Tinted moisturizer does even out skin tone and goes on sheer but it did nothing for oil control. My skin79 bb cream did a better job with that. This TM def does not have a satin/matte finish; it leave a dewy finish. Def would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Cristy1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, after trying this tm in Sand, I must say that I like it, but I don't love it. You see, I have very oily skin and it is not for those of us with very oily skin. It has a beautiful, natural finish, very sheer to light coverage; they claim it's buildable, but I doubt that. Besides, you only get but so much coverage with any tinted moisturizer. I apply it with a sponge over clean, un-moisturized skin, then go over strategic areas with my Shiseido foundation brush. And it is flawless. I think my biggest issue with this, and the reason I won't be re-purchasing is because even if I set it with powder and prime first, my whole face is soooo shiny and it just fades right away after about 2-3 hours. And the price......well, it is Laura Mercier after all. I do love her line, though, and I'll say this much: if you have dry to slightly oily skin and want something that you can quickly slap on in the morning and know it will look great, then definitely give this a whirl. But if you are very oily and shine is an issue/concern for you, don't bother. And did I mention that it has sunscreen?

PS--I am a solid medium-toned, with a little red around the nose and chin, half Lebanese, half Anglo-Saxon and Sand was a perfect match.
For reference, I am MAC NC35, Armani LSF in #6, L'Oreal True Match in N4 Buff Beige.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was just okay for me. For reference, I'm Asian, strong yellow undertones, about NC25, normal skin. I got a sample of this product from Sephora in nude and it had yellow and pink undertones. It oxidized a bit after a couple hours of wear, which I did not like. Coverage was sheer, so concealer was needed (of course) for spots and undereye. Scent was strong of sunscreen. Laura Mercier did not have a shade that was yellow enough for me, so I went with NARS instead. This product itself was okay. It left a very dewy finish and I brushed a light dusting of setting powder over it so I didn't look too shiny. This product would be great for somebody else, but I like NARS better.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by hlzapf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Sephora. First off, it has nice coverage. Although, as others have said, it can have a dewy finish. It was a bit greasy for something that was oil free. I had to put a little powder over it. I would have continued to use it but unfortunately it made me break out. My skin had been completely clear and after a couple days of using this I ended up with 4-5 pimples. :( In reading the reviews, it looks like this isn't a typical reaction though. I guess i am just senstive to one of the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by missamerika67

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE! I wear the color Bisque. It lasts all day, It's transfer resistant and unlike other I do not feel my face looks oily when wearing it. I think my skin look really good when I wear this. I put it on with my fingers, but I think it can be a little hard to apply, I have found that it is much easier if I put it on RIGHT AFTER washing my face and putting on my serum.. or within 5 minutes.

Anyways.. I love this stuff, I am excited to try more LM products!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by mustanggurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage in this tinted moisturizer is prob one of the best that I have ever tried, but it made my skin feel really heavy, greasy and I could definitely feel it on my face. I guess if you use a really small amount it should be fine, but for me, I used a little over a dime size and it was very heavy. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I wasn't very impressed with this after hearing such great amazing things. I personally think oh could find a better tinted moisturizer at the drugstore. Even cover girls skin smooths tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Divanance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product for people who have nice skin without makeup! This just adds a dewy finish and evens skin tone. Every time I wear this people says girl you are glowing! beware if you have bad skin with acne scars big bumps and scars this will not help you! You will hate it! This is a light to medium Coverage only and it serves that purpose very well! I love this stuff!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:55:00 AM More reviews by lilme1301

When I was first introduced to this product, I was ecstatic. I applied it daily, seeing as it's oil-free, I assumed I could wear it without my face suffering any consequences. WRONG. This product, along with many of the Laura Mercier products contains bismuth, which causes my skin to break out terribly. I had to return this product along with the powder they offer. If you have acne-prone sensitive skin, I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCakex2

This is a great little product. I have to admit that the first time I tried it a few years ago, I did not like it. I felt that it was streaky, greasy, and orange. As my skin is different because of BCP and a new climate, I decided to give it another go. I purchased this in "Nude" and it matches my fair-medium, warm complexion very well. It blends well and sticks to my skin well. Doesn't transfer and feels lightweight on the skin. I DO use a primer (BE Primetime) with it and it makes a world of difference. It stays longer and my skin doesn't eat it. The best thing about this? It has changed my skin for the better. My skin is oily, but very dehydrated. Whenever I take off my makeup at night, my skin glows and looks refreshed. It is quite expensive, but it is worth the repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No