March 2, 2015 | 1977 users online

Concealers - Revlon - ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Kabuk1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: I've upped my rating on this from a 4 to a 5. I've noticed that this really DOES make zits go away much faster. Can't ask for much more from a concealer. I will use this till they discontinue it! (knock on wood)

(Original review)This is a really good concealer. I bought it cause it was on sale for half price at the grocery store, but I think I may have found my HG concealer. The color(light) matches my skin just about perfectly, and the staying power is really good. Plus, it actually COVERS zits & doesn't turn orange, dark, or ashy either! That's a big problem I have with a lot of concealers, they make a blemish look like a bruise or a brown dot. I didn't really pay attention to the 'acne fighting' claims when I bought it, but it actually does seem to help. I have a huge zit on my cheek ATM & I used this on it yesterday, and noticed that it had gone down a LOT by the end of the day! I'm impressed, so much that I would actually pay full price for this once I use up my existing tube.

This is definitely one of those "less is more" type products though, if you use a lot it can look cakey. You don't need much though because the coverage is really good. FYI, the best way to blend this is to kind of dot it on with the wand & then dab at it with your finger till it's imperceptible from the rest of your skin. I repeat- you only need the *tiniest* bit to cover imperfections, so use a light hand.

The only gripe I have is the tube.Too much product comes out and it gets all over the threads. Bad design, and why this gets a 4 instead of a 5.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is pretty expensive for a mediocre concealer. The problem with it being a blemish concealer is that instead of concealing, it rather accentuates the flakiness of my pimples. Blah. It works okay with concealing redness around my nose area but that's about it. I don't see myself repurchasing it as there are many other concealers out there that work better and are more well-priced than this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by mzpkay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, it's a whatever product. The idea of having a bit of Salicylic Acid is good I guess, although I doubt that .5% would make a difference.
The color choices are horrible! I got this in Light and it was ... light. Too off-color on my NC20 skin to put on blemishes. And speaking of blemishes, this concealer causes me to break out! Granted, my skin is super sensitive to dimethicones and other cones in general but UGH seriously? I want to cover pimples not make them.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by anaci

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I heard good things about this concealer and decided to give it a try. Overall, it's an okay concealer for someone who does not have much to cover up. Aside from an occasional break-out or some redness on the nose, I don't use too much product so it more or less works for me. I'm not sure that this would be a great concealer for someone who needs a heavier application. In addition, I find this concealer to be very drying and if applied too much it tends to look cakey.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I have no idea how this is even sold as a concealer. What the heck is it concealing? it has absolutely no coverage to it AT ALL. I apply it to pimples and acne scares and its like if i didn't even put anything on, i can clearly still see my imperfections. Simply just a bad "concealer". The staying power doesn't come close the staying power of ColorStay Fnd. Also quite a bit of product comes out on the wand, very annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Sugarmints

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hmm, I have a love/hate relationship with this concealer.
Pros:
- It works pretty well with blemishes, however you must use very little and build your way up. I find that it's easier to use your fingers and dab it with a sponge.
- It lasts quite long
- It blends in well with foundation
Cons:
- The packaging sucks..
- It makes me feel kinda oily after using this...like the spots I put this concealer on
- It's pricey for such a small tube.
I don't think I'm going to buy this again, it works alright for blemishes but I think I'll get a more versatile concealer for undereye circles as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Jchiko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first concealer and I didn't really like it all that much. It was okay. Sometimes it would just make my pimple stand out even more and sometimes it covers it pretty well. It also looks cakey sometimes. When I put foundation after I put on concealer, it looks extremely cakey around that area. So when I use foundation now, I put on this concealer afterward. It stays on for a few hours and when I take off my makeup after school, there is some left. It didn't really treat my pimples either, I saw no difference. And after 2 hours or so, it looks orangey, bad. Almost forgot to mention, it smells so bad, the colorstay foundation has the same smell, i hate it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Terrible product!! its texture is creamy sure but it does not do its job,,it doesnt cover all of my acne and redness and it rubs off easily,,it also does not stay on the the spot at all,,i find it fades away after a very short time. also it does not help with the condition of my spots as it claims to do. this product disappointed me so much on so many levels.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ssherices

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is a fantastic concealer....i ended up trying it on a whim without reading reviews first. I am so glad i did. I use medium and it covers so well and my blemishes are almost gone already (five days of use). I dont rub it in just dab it on my blemishes and powder. Loving it!

Edit: Ok..now that i have had ample time wearing this i must say its not as great as i had thought...i mean its still pretty good but can look cakey at the end of the day ;o(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by harls321

I had re-purchased this product time and time again. It is my hg for covering blemishes and acne scars. It lasts all day on my oily skin and treats them with a low % of SA. I love it!!