Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 0. 5% (acne treatment. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water, eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Alcohol Denat. , Tribehenin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Serica (silk, soie), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene Brassylate, Trisiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891).

on 12/16/2010 12:13:00 PM

I love this concealer. I purchase it because there is 0.5% BHA in it as it will heals blemish. The cpverage was good! It can cover totally 99%. I use it with a concealer brush. The packaging wise is bad! i wont use the applicator directly on my face! i dab it on my clean finger, then use the concealer brush to apply on my blemish! Try this concealer it good!!!!!!!!! ordering 2 more from drugstore again :D

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my all time favorite concealer. I'm one of those people that really like to have products that have ingredients that could even possibly help with my skin, even if they most likely won't, and this is one of those. The Salicylic Acid in it is the reason I purchased it, and aside from that it's actually a really great concealer. If they made a foundation of this exact formula, I would wear it. It blends in really well, even though you have to kind of build up a few layers of it - two works good for me. I think the price is worth it. Some Drug Store brands can be super expensive for a crappy product, but I do not think this is. It's worth like 13$ Canadian here, and it's actually not that small of a tube. It might look a little small, but it actually holds quite a lot of product. I will continue to buy this for as long as they make it, and it's just reassuring to know there's the possibility that it could be helping with my skin. I would highly recommend this to anyone I know.

on 11/26/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I like this concealer. I've not really ever tried concealer or foundations..but I decided to pick this up at Walmart and give it a try since I've heard good things about the Colorstay foundation. I got it in light and it is a bit too light for my skin but it blends out. It is great at covering redness but I would say coverage is only light-medium. It does not cover the really bad darkness under my eyes. At all. But to be fair nothing I've ever tried has.
It has a nice texture that dries and stays matte for at least the 4 or 5 hours I wear it while i'm in class...Even through my three hour drawing class where i'm frequently getting dirty and sweaty and covered in charcoal...So yeah, it's pleasant enough for me.
It has a really weird and kind of gross smell though, and I find that the packaging is a little inapropriate for what it's supposed to be (a blemish concealer) since you're going to contaminate the wand and subsequently the product if you put it all over your pimples and stick the wand back in the thinger...so maybe putting some on the back of your hand and putting it on with your finger might be cleaner.
I don't think it heals pimples, but I didn't even know it had salicylic acid in it when i purchased it so I don't really mind.

on 11/15/2010 4:01:00 PM

This concealer works really nice for me. It doesn't really clear my acne but it does cover it well. I like to not only use it on my acne but also under my eyes because I like the coverage it gives me. It does wonders for my skin when I put it over a green concealer and bravo! acne coverage. I would recommend trying it out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer works quite well, especially on acne scars. Although it is a liquid concealer, the consistency is rather creamy which worked well for me, despite my oily skin. The only problem I have with this product is that it falsely claims to 'clear and prevent acne blemishes'. Although I didn't put this on any fresh acne (but tried it on 2 or 3-day old acne), it seems to me that the 0.5% salicylic acid is not potent enough to clear up anything however frequently it was applied.

on 10/6/2010 10:39:00 AM

EDIT: I've upped my rating on this from a 4 to a 5. I've noticed that this really DOES make zits go away much faster. Can't ask for much more from a concealer. I will use this till they discontinue it! (knock on wood)

(Original review)This is a really good concealer. I bought it cause it was on sale for half price at the grocery store, but I think I may have found my HG concealer. The color(light) matches my skin just about perfectly, and the staying power is really good. Plus, it actually COVERS zits & doesn't turn orange, dark, or ashy either! That's a big problem I have with a lot of concealers, they make a blemish look like a bruise or a brown dot. I didn't really pay attention to the 'acne fighting' claims when I bought it, but it actually does seem to help. I have a huge zit on my cheek ATM & I used this on it yesterday, and noticed that it had gone down a LOT by the end of the day! I'm impressed, so much that I would actually pay full price for this once I use up my existing tube.

This is definitely one of those "less is more" type products though, if you use a lot it can look cakey. You don't need much though because the coverage is really good. FYI, the best way to blend this is to kind of dot it on with the wand & then dab at it with your finger till it's imperceptible from the rest of your skin. I repeat- you only need the *tiniest* bit to cover imperfections, so use a light hand.

The only gripe I have is the tube.Too much product comes out and it gets all over the threads. Bad design, and why this gets a 4 instead of a 5.

on 9/29/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I think this is pretty expensive for a mediocre concealer. The problem with it being a blemish concealer is that instead of concealing, it rather accentuates the flakiness of my pimples. Blah. It works okay with concealing redness around my nose area but that's about it. I don't see myself repurchasing it as there are many other concealers out there that work better and are more well-priced than this one.

on 9/17/2010 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Eh, it's a whatever product. The idea of having a bit of Salicylic Acid is good I guess, although I doubt that .5% would make a difference.
The color choices are horrible! I got this in Light and it was ... light. Too off-color on my NC20 skin to put on blemishes. And speaking of blemishes, this concealer causes me to break out! Granted, my skin is super sensitive to dimethicones and other cones in general but UGH seriously? I want to cover pimples not make them.

on 8/25/2010 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I heard good things about this concealer and decided to give it a try. Overall, it's an okay concealer for someone who does not have much to cover up. Aside from an occasional break-out or some redness on the nose, I don't use too much product so it more or less works for me. I'm not sure that this would be a great concealer for someone who needs a heavier application. In addition, I find this concealer to be very drying and if applied too much it tends to look cakey.

on 8/18/2010 5:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have no idea how this is even sold as a concealer. What the heck is it concealing? it has absolutely no coverage to it AT ALL. I apply it to pimples and acne scares and its like if i didn't even put anything on, i can clearly still see my imperfections. Simply just a bad "concealer". The staying power doesn't come close the staying power of ColorStay Fnd. Also quite a bit of product comes out on the wand, very annoying.