December 25, 2014 | 1483 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by paradoxia1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Just as I was about to take the plunge and buy this, I swallowed my pride and asked to try it on first, so glad I did because It was horrible. Im NC43 and it left an obvious lavender tint on my face that looked horrible (literally looked like a light dusting of lavender eyeshadow all over my face), it creased on my eyelid, plus it balled up under my eye and looked like eye crust ( ew). Try before you buy !!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by thecaitlinification

i don't love this product or hate it. but for the price i would recommend the shiseido sunscreen. i also found that the product balls up while applying which is really annoying. but i kept experimenting and i found that this is because it dries really fast. i have found the best way to apply it is to apply half a pea sized amount onto each section of my face (i have to use my hands to apply it though) one at a time. that solved the problem

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by LaRouge

So, the packaging for the Super City Sunblock is in a tube, an you squeeze it out onto your hands. it is 40 mL and small enough to carry around i your purse, which I love. I bought this today and tried it, and I have to say, I absolutely love this! The sunblock was not at all oily, which was great, and it went on nice and smooth. Now, at first I was a little bit put off because it came out tinted, but, once I put it on, it was fantastic. It doesn't matter your skin tone, because it blends right in, and this evened out my skin tone. I have very dry, sensitive skin, and this was great for my sensitive skin and it moisturized my dry skin as well. At The Bay, I bought this for about $20-$25 dollars, which is a little bit much for 40 mL, but you don't need very much. When I applied this to my face, I realized I needed a very minimal amount, and this will last a long time. While it is pricey for me, I definitely love it and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bad. I have sensitive skin and this sent me scratching. My face was itching so bad I had to go wash the whole stuff off, and felt enormous relief when it was all cleaned. Good job it was only a sample.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2011 12:45:00 AM More reviews by mariarre

I used the spf 15 and it was OK because I thought that it would be better to use a bigger spf for more protection. But the texture of it is sooo oily!!!! I don't really know if it a damaged or if it is supposed to be like that. But it is sooo awful! The first time i used it, when i squeeze it I only got oil (or something like that). Did someone have had any problem like mine?!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by cholielynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wanted SO badly for this to be hg status. it seems like everyone is on a constant search for a product just like this. high spf, oil free... must be the perfect product right? the spf 40 is what really sold me... you just dont see that very often. i bought this about 6 months ago and have tried so desperatly to get it to work for me. i have total combination/acne prone skin. this product is greasy going on yet at the same time accentuated EVERY flake of dry skin on my face. no matter how well exfoliated or seemingly smooth my skin seemed, as soon as i put this on, i ended up spending an extra 5 minutes picking skin flakes off my face with a pair of tweezers. grossssss. no matter what foundation i put over this (trusted ones that i use all the time like revlon colorstay and almay tlc)... they would just kinda slide around over and would tend to oxidize after a little while. those problems never happen to me with those foundations by themselves. i always seem way more greasy and pores are much more accentuated when using this. by the end of the day, i always have a plethra of small bumps on my chin and forehead after removing this. i keep going back to it every few weeks cause i try to convince myslef that i CAN make it work, but sadly, it just does not.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by catlady21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was initially drawn to this as it cotained a high SPF, however, I found this product very disappointing. I had hoped to use it as an every day moisturiser under my make up but found it makes my skin look very dry and flaky.
The product didn't rub in well and made my face look shiney on initial application. Applying powder to counteract the shininess only made matters worse by accentuating fine lines on my face and giving me dry patches. I also tried applying a moisturiser underneath it to see if that made a difference but to no avail. Perhaps this product works well for oily complexions but steer clear of it if your skin is in any way dry. I will now be using this as a sunscreen when I am out running.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 10:42:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

Too oily and greasy - espeically in the summer. Doesn't soak in very well.
Usually I mix it in with my regular moisturizer just so it's not totally greasing up my face. That makes it a bit better, but I still don't like to use it too much. Not too fond of the price, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:49:00 AM More reviews by mssquirrel

This is a great product for me as I have sensitive and acne prone skin so need oil free products. This does not break me out and is a great barrier against sun, smog and humidity. I find it absorbs beautifully and is a great primer and the colour gives me a light coverage which I like. The high SPF is great if like me you are having microdermabrasion or using glycolic or scaylic acid treatment so trying to protect your skin. Can make my skin slightly shiny looking

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by drunkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this thing is nasty. i have heard so much about it when i found the earlier sunscreen was breaking me out and making my skin rough i went online and order this. i opened it with great hope, it came out as a yellow tint cream and it smells like some industrial paint(if there is such a thing), i mean, it smells nasty.and the texture itself is kind of funny too,it is like it has seperated from water..kind of runny while it was a cream. when i put it on my face, it just make my skin looking flaky, instantly age me by ten, no kidding. horrible. i returned it and i went to local deparment store just to check if it was only my tube. no, all of it. horrible.