October 25, 2014 | 1783 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Binky20

I use this foundation stick as a concealer rather than an all-over-the-face foundation and it does a good job of covering up acne scars. It's pricey but is better value for money than the tiny concealer stick (which I heard was exactly the same product). Bobbi Brown has a great colour selection, especially for Asian skin with its yellow undertones. It has quite a creamy texture and lasts all day.

Have used this once as a foundation and found it to be quite oily after application so had to put a bit of powder on top. It gives a lovely dewy finish and is very natural looking and moisturizing.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatCake

Just meh. Honestly, it is not worth its price. I gave it two lipsticks because it does look very natural and the formula is nice; however, after about an hour, it turns greasy. I thought this would be decent for oily/combo girls, but it just did not work out for me. Great color selection, though. If you are dry or normal, this may work for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:23:00 AM More reviews by KillJoyMakeSomeNoise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product, imo, is identical to their concealer stick in consistency and color choices. For a very long time I had oily skin but BB was the only company that had a shade to completely match my skin tone and offer full coverage. This product is too heavy for oily skin tones. However, medication that I am currently on has changed my skin and it is now normal/dry. This makeup stick is perfect. It sets well, wears well, stays true to color on me (no oxidizing, at least IMO, but YMMV), and when applied with a fdn brush can really last quite a well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by anniiebonanniie

This product is a perfect skin match for me. I don't use a lot, but it definitely covers up my red spots and blemishes. I do not feel it is cakey at all! It barely feels like in wearing makeup. It does look cakey when it's first on, but I use my Bobbi Brown bronzer afterwards and it helps to give it a finished look. Sometimes if it is super hot out it will become greasy, but you simply just blot it and you are all set! I really do like this product. It is really expensive though, so use it wisely.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not a horrible foundation but not the best either. I liked it in the winter but even then i had to use a good primer for my oily skin because if i didnt it looked horrible.
PROS
- Didnt break me out. maybe 1-3 pimples a month

-even though im oily this was good in the winter toward my redness and mild dryness

CONS
-Something weird with the color. Even though i wore warm natural in person it looked 1 shade too dark but in pictures looked 2 shades too light and this has no spf

- i paid $45 for this. *SIGH*

Hopefully my review and others will help someone save their $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yuck, I have dry skin and no matter how thoroughly I prime and powder my skin before and after using this, it slides off my face and looks horrible after an hour...honestly, this is the WORST foundation I have ever tried and I have used heaps

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by NikNak7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was on the fence about this product for a while but having tried various different methods of application I found that this foundation is great for work as it only takes seconds to apply and it moisturises my skin through the day so that when I use my heavy duty foundation for nights out my skin is in perfect condition for it. The secret of applying this foundation is BLENDING!!. I don;t put the stick directly onto my face, i take a bit off & warm it up on my hand & apply a very small about to m cheeks & forehead, i then blend with a foundation brush, i blend, blend,blend & blend some more & when i think i've blended enough I blend again. I set with powder & then put on some blusher, perfect for work and good for your skin to wear everyday but definately not for a night out.
EDIT: after months and months of wearing this foundation I have realised that it is breaking me out so bad! Like every single time I put it near my skin I get another spot. It also dries out my skin so much more. I really wouldn't recommend this anymore.
EDIT: the longer I go without using this foundation the more I realise how much it destroyed my skin, my skin wouldn't be overly sensitive but this foundation gave me the worst cystic acne, I have actually had to have ipl to remove the acne scars. Sensitive skin girls please be careful, if it breaks you out when you first use it please don't continue with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by superflysquirrel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm in love with this item. Because its a stick, its super convenient to take with me anywhere. And the color is a perfect match. I've always had a hard time matching foundations to my skin tone, since I'm on the cool side, but not pinky. I've found that yellow undertone foundations are too yellow for me too, but the one I found is a beige. Never thought that would be the color for me lol. The texture is super creamy and easy to create a look suitable for work usind a foundation brush (also saves money by making it last longer lol), or to add a little more for pictures or something. Even though this is creamy, my skin is extremely dry and it's vital to apply a heavy cream to my face before using anyway. I don't think I'll use a different foundation again, that's how much I love it. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been wearing a tinted moisturizer and decided that I look a little too natural, so went shopping for foundation. I have dry skin, so powders make that worse and most liquids seem to make the dry areas stand out more, but this foundation stick is just right.

I had a little trouble finding the right shade -- I have fair skin with pink undertones and all of her stuff has yellow tones. Nothing was an exact match, but Sand was the closest. I love how it covers yet looks like skin. My best results are putting it on with a sponge -- I put the foundation on the sponge, and then on my skin. It seems to melt into my skin, and I don't think it's obvious that I'm wearing foundation other than the fact that my skin looks a lot better. It's definitely buildable. I love that it doesn't feel heavy, and yet it doesn't wear off easily. I can put it on all over or just on spots and it looks good. It's a good concealer too, and the packaging is very convenient for travel. It's pricey, but it doesn't take much product to cover your whole face.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mllocke2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is not an all over foundation. I found it's excellent for problem spots and blends right in. I use it around my nose and over acne spots and it looks great. I would imagine it would be terribly cakey and heavy if used all over.