July 30, 2014 | 998 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I have tried many other, both drugstore and high end and I always come back to this one. I have oily skin that tends to get a bit shiny in after a few hours but that does not happen with this foundation. I am in the shade nc15 and it matches me perfectly. This stuff is just really great and keeps my face matt, I do however set it with MAC mineralize skinfinish natural and i believe that also helps my face stay good all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by icebabe86

I really like this foundation, Iv tried loads over the years but keep coming back to this one. My skin is around nc20, gets oily really easily but if I use products designed for oily skin it gets super dry and tight, plus Im blessed with bouts of cystic acne around my jaw line at times! I cant find any direct correlation between this and my breakouts, I think they are more hormonal than product related.
This matches my skin tone really well and its staying power is great, I never need to touch it up during the day/evening, only blot my nose if it starts getting a bit shiny which happens even when I go make up free. I apply a tiny bit of oil free moisturiser, this and then blotting powder and bronzer and it looks like I have near perfect skin. I think some people steer clear of mac and they think their products are for the obvious make up look (judging by the counter girls) but applied minimally the foundation can look natural.
I think its a total con that you have to buy the pump seperately so I just manage without!
Overall I will keep using this product as it works well for me and is reasonably priced for a high end product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by KaelMacmahon

I absolutely love this product and have been using it since November 2013.

Let me begin by saying that I do not understand why people are rating the packaging so low, it's packaging is very strong, the only downfall is that you have to buy the pump separately - as you do all Mac foundations, which is something you should really research before buying a product from anywhere anyway.

I love Mac Studio Fix Fluid so much for so many reasons. I am the shade NW10, this is a new shade that Mac brought out in 2013 I believe and that was originally what drew me to wanting to buy it. I had always been warned not to go near Mac as they did not cater for pale people, which was true as Nw15 (originally their palest shade) was too dark for me, but when they brought out their new shades NW10 and NW13 there was no reason for me not to try it. I believe in other foundations, NW10 would be equivalent to a foundation that would be called 'ivory-rose' or something along those lines, it is incredibly pale and slightly pink toned.

The foundation itself is a medium-full coverage but can be built up to complete coverage, somewhat similar to the coverage Double Wear can give. I wear two pumps on my face everyday, however I have worn it medium coverage before with one pump but I have also worn it at a very, very high coverage with 4-5 pumps. It doesn't look cakey, if applied correctly with a buffing brush. It can be applied with the flat, 190 Mac foundation brush however I feel it gives a much nicer finish if it is applied with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush as this really pushes the foundation into the skin, meaning that no matter how much you wear there is no risk of cakeyness.

This foundation is often said to be matte, which I believe to a certain extent - however, if somebody asked me what the finish of the foundation was I would definitely label it as semi-matte. When applied, I can see glowing areas on my face so I tend to blot these with a matte powder to make it completely matte. But mostly, it is a matte foundation which is not designed for dry skin.

It is good for photography as it has a low SPF so it will give minimal flashback.

I put this foundation on at around 7:15am in the morning before school, and will normally have it on till around 9:00pm and it stays on perfectly, apart from on my nose as I get an incredibly oily nose throughout the day. I would recommend use of a primer on the nose with this foundation as with all matte foundations, it does tend to set into the pores.

One downfall is this product has a very strong, chemically scent until set, but the smell is worth it for the result.

Also, this product did not break me out, and it never has. It all depends on your skin type, as it does with all foundations. Many people assume that because of the scent, Mac is bad for your skin - this is a myth.

Last but not least, the price may seem high to those who buy highstreet makeup, but for a highend foundation Mac Studio Fix Fluid at £21.50 is £6.50 cheaper than most highend foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Lydiaxfeyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this foundation gets a lot of negative reviews for such a popular product. i think people are just applying it incorrectly(unless you have acne then it is a justified reason for disliking it). its called "studio fix" for a reason its supposed to cover and make you look perfect. i personally apply the smallest amount, as i find its super blendable and spreads easily around the skin. and sometimes i even mix it with moisturizer and i then BUFF it in with my buffing brush or work it in with my beauty blender. if i am looking for a bit more coverage i re apply it to the problem areas and this makes it not cakey on me at all. i really enjoy the versatility and its staying power. i also i think with medium/full coverage foundations its important to get your correct shade. test it out with the makeup artist and then go outside and look before purchasing. when i bought mine the lady gave me an NW50 when I'm an NC50 (i looked at her with disgust). also if you really dislike it try it as a concealer!
the reason it didn't get 5 lipies is
1) it transfers -_-
2)no pump
3) its not as nice in the winter when my skins more of the normal type

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by saabrinad

Bought this foundation because MAC is a well-known makeup brand and the lady at the counter applied a sample on my cheek and it made my skin look flawless. The price also gets you checking this foundation out as it is pretty "cheap" $33 CAD for a high-end foundation compared to ones at Sephora which are at least $50.
What I really love about this foundation is the coverage. I had a few blemishes due to waxing and this foundation did its job covering these nasty little dark spots. However, over a period of 4ish months, my skin just got worse and worse. Although the coverage is ideal, I noticed that the foundation is way too heavy for every day use and not only did it clog up my pores, it essentially made me break out even more. In addition, the smell is absolutely horrible. Smells like chemicals and spray paint or something.

I would recommend this if you're going out for special events and would like a bit more coverage/that model-like coverage; however, not for every day use as I find that it broke me out and made my blemishes even worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by 902nikki902

So in love with this liquid foundation. Keeps me matte for hours, very decent coverage and the color selection is amazing! I don't care for the idea that I have to buy a pump separately, but can get over it because I can reuse the pump with future repurchases lol. Price point isn't too bad for a great foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by andreeal3005

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation made me look a little cakey

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:55:00 AM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A great foundation with a good staying power.
I wouldn't say it did anything different than a lot of other foundations that I have tried.
But it does what I need it to do - stay on all day and gives a medium coverage.
I have it in NC25, which is a little too dark for my winter skin (I have gotten extremely pale), but it works great for me in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

Overall I think this foundation is good, but not great. You can definitely purchase something better for less (Revlon Colorstay). I gave this product a 4 because it did stay on all day for me, and the colour matched my skin, and the coverage was buildable, but I usually prefer better coverage because of acne scars. Also, I think this product would work much much better if it had a pump. It's quite easy to remove aswell, which is a plus, however, I did notice it was giving me a few pimples... so because of that I only wear this foundation occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by noorhasclaws

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wear NC20, which is a yellow based tone colour and I use my stippling brush to apply it on. I bought the pump separately and with one pump i receive full coverage. It covers my acne scars and my blemishes on my face, giving me a flawless finish. I wear youngbloods primer underneath it and I apply macs mineralise skinfinish natural powder in light plus over it. My skin looks healthy, really natural, matte and it gives a really nice glow. It's easy to remove, easy to apply on, not messy (with the pump), doesn't clog my pores or give me breakouts and it looks really pretty... the list goes on.
The lady did test mineralise liquid foundation on my skin, but it looked really bad. Would not recommend anyone to buy it- its a waste of money. However, I could say the opposite to studio fix because it is a foundation every girl should have on their dressing table. Ive owned other liquid foundations like maybelines fit me and revlons colorstay, but this foundation is unbeatable.
The only negative thing I could say about this foundation is the smell. It reminds me of the smell from the chemical in my chemical peels. Almost like the TCA chemical my beautician used on me. Reminiscent to the burning sensations i use to receive when it was applied on.
Apart from that its all good. I enjoy using it and it is definitely one of the best foundations in the world.