MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 12/30/2014 1:21:00 PM

This foundation can be perfectly matched to your skin which is amazing however in my opinion, is not worth the hype. It's marketed as a 'high coverage foundation' when in reality it's completely not. I have a few spots but I wouldn't call it acne, however it fails to create a perfect base that other foundations can make. I suggest not to use a sponge to apply this as the liquid is so thin that most of the product will be absorbed by the sponge as opposed to your face and for an expensive high-end foundation, you wouldn't want to risk wasting it. If you're looking for a foundation to cover imperfections and make a flawless base, this is not for you.

on 12/28/2014 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It appears I have developed awful acne after using this. Wish I read the reviews first, I had red lumps and cysts and scars all over my cheeks from this horrible foundation. It didn't develop straight away though and has took me a while to realise this is what caused my outbreak. I just hope it gets better soon I'm so self conscious of my face now, never used to bother me about going out with make up but not now.

on 12/28/2014 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Its ok but i dnt like how it applies sort of greasy just like the revlon colorstay except the revlon colorstay is way worse. Its okay

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this for my everyday use.

on 12/23/2014 6:39:00 AM

Pros:
Amazing coverage
Buildable
Nice packaging
Long wearing

Cons:
Makes you break out bad
Weird smell
Doesn't come with pump

The name after all does say studio fix, which is true to the product, is stays for ages and is perfect under bright likes in a studio. But if you have ACNE PRONE SKIN like I do DO NOT BUY! Simple as :)

on 12/21/2014 4:24:00 AM

As i used this product for years i loved it when i did use it but i have since changed to DOUBLE WEAR as the staying power was longer on me.

But they are similar in terms of Semi-matte, full coverage and have SPF

Easy to apply i used MAC primer underneath as you should always use one for a more flawless result. Application was easy liquid is thicker then double wear but the pump is perfect for product control!

Huge range of colours and also setting powders to match which is great.

Applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft-focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and disperses oil. Contains special skin-conditioning ingredients. Oil free.

Only thing i can flaw that it doesn't last through the night from applying in the morning as i found DOUBLE WEAR did perfectly!

VIVALAESTHER

on 12/20/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing! If you like a matte, full-coverage foundation then Studio Fix Fluid is definitely one to try. It has the same smooth, long lasting flawless appearance of Estée Lauder double wear but is less cakey and drying. I also found the colour less orangey and more neutral but that's just preference. It costs £21.50 which I think is very reasonable for a high quality product, compared to my other foundations like Laura Mercier silk creme, Estée Lauder double wear and Nars Sheer glow (which are all £30-£34). Unfortunately the pump is bought separately at £4 but I would definitely recommend buying that as it's a one off purchase that can be transferred to every new bottle. A gorgeous, all-day flawless foundation that will last all day. Definite repurchase and my new holy grail!

on 12/17/2014 2:16:00 PM

Sooo i usuallly use the Mac face & body foundation, it's very natural looking. I do LOVE it but I wanted something with more coverage. So I bought the studio fix fluid in NC45. This foundation is a medium coverage with a matte finish. I personally love a dewy look so I just spray it with mineralize spray. It stays on for eveeer and it's definately worth the money. It has a weird smell to it but you won't smell it when applied. I wouldn't really use it as a daytime foundation. If you have oily or combination skin it's perfect!

on 12/15/2014 8:19:00 AM

Even though this foundation is not the best for my skin, Mac doesn't fail to be The foundation I always fall back on. It matches my skin tone perfectly and it gives amazing coverage and a great finish. Other foundations just haven't been able to beat it. Definitely HG!

on 12/14/2014 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I've been using this foundation for over a year now and this seems to work well for my skin type. The texture blends well and wears well throughout the day. I really like the finish which leans more toward matte however, it doesn't exacerbate dry patches like many matte foundations do. I typically use this on top of Hourglass' Veil primer which gives it more staying power. I have oily skin so as with any foundation I use blotting powders throughout the day. The only drawback is the shade range. The NC range runs too yellow for my red undertones and the NW range is too pink/orange.