Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara

3.9

on 3/9/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This makes my lashes longer and gorgeous! I like the wand because it seperates lashes well and you can get into the corner area easily. I don't really make use of the colored end though - maybe when i go out at night but i found that if you apply the colored end on top of the black mascara, it weighs lashes down. Anyway, still good!

~This is my go to mascara. HG material. I use it in the waterproof formulation and it holds curls very well while creating noticeable pretty lashes!

Also, it doesn't smudge which is great!

on 2/21/2009 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One of the worst mascaras I've had. Did not do anything for my eyes. And the brush was so hard and hurt my upper lid.

on 2/9/2009 3:15:00 PM

Just to clarify, I've owned this mascara for about 6 months now and I still have a bit left. :)

This mascara immediately lengthens and thickens - it makes a big difference quickly! I like the brush - it's rubber and you can reach to all the tiny lashes.

The only bad thing about it is that if you have a busy day, then it flakes off towards the end of your day and you can sometimes get little flakes of black just below your bottom lashes.

But overall a great product, I would definately recommend it!

on 1/18/2009 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

(Product tried : Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara WATERPROOF) I have oily to very oily skin, and have been trying different mascaras for a long long time now. As I am oriental I have short thin lashes but as my lashes are very thin I don't get that much of a problem with making it curl. The brush on this is excellent, as it seperates properly, doesn't clump and application is easy, however it doesn't really give you very much volume or length, this would make a good day time mascara, so you don't look over made up. However for oily skin this mascara gives you panda eyes after about 2 hours of putting this on.

on 1/8/2009 4:07:00 PM

Amazing mascara!
I've bought so many different mascaras over the years, and this is the best by far!
Seperates lashes perfectly, great definition and makes lashes really reeeally long!
Price isn't bad but I normally just buy a cheap mascara such as Miss Sporty and dip the Max Factor brush in the fluid because the brush is the best bit and you save loads of money :D

on 12/28/2008 3:53:00 PM

You know, I quite like this one. Separates my lashes beautifully and gives them more volume. The price isn't half bad either. It's the mascara I use 80% of the time.

on 12/28/2008 2:59:00 PM

I bought this ages ago, when there was hype because of the fancy brush. For me, it gives me length, volume and defines my lashes. Particularly my bottom ones. I have to say, I don't go for a dramatic look, but if you wiggle this sideways in your lashes it looks dramatic. I'm only not buying this again because it's tested on animals. Otherwise, I would.I took off a star because of that.

on 12/19/2008 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

An average mascara I have to say. Not bad by any means but definitely did not blow me away. I have Asian straight lashes which I curl using Shu Uemura and I find that most mascaras (including this) does not hold the curl so that by the time the mascara dries, my lashes would more or less be straight again. To be honest I think the only thing that may hold a curl for Asian lashes are waterproof mascaras.

on 12/3/2008 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: clear lashes, no flakes --> YES for "Definition" effect
Cons: no volume building
Wont buy again