April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

An average mascara I have to say. Not bad by any means but definitely did not blow me away. I have Asian straight lashes which I curl using Shu Uemura and I find that most mascaras (including this) does not hold the curl so that by the time the mascara dries, my lashes would more or less be straight again. To be honest I think the only thing that may hold a curl for Asian lashes are waterproof mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by skatt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: clear lashes, no flakes --> YES for "Definition" effect
Cons: no volume building
Wont buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jessimara

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Max Factor for making this mascara..
I'm British and so I like a mascara I can rely on in the crappy weather..
(I bought it also in it's waterproof formula.)
It's got gel-like bristles so it goes on like water but it's formula is thick and opaque so my lashes look almost wet but so natural and defined.
I wear this when I go clubbing with the Diorline Eyeliner and it's very consistent and stays in place.. I use 3 coats for a more dramatic effect. I would reccomend buying two as they can run out very quickly, the amount of product the brush picks up seems more than a normal mascara - but apart from that it's a gorgeous product which I reccomend to everyone! Can't get enough of it - I counted and found 7 in my makeup drawer!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 4:40:00 AM More reviews by qtpie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was one of my favourite mascaras, it gave good definition and didn't clump easily. And the brush was really nice. The Good: definition, kind of separates lashes, can sometimes hold curls well, quite easy to remove. The Bad: doesn't lengthen at all, didn't really add volume. Would buy again if I didn't feel like trying new mascaras

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by emma341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was quite expensive for what you got. It clumped my lashes and made them look nasty and spidery and after a few hours bits started falling off my lashes! I wouldn't recomend this product and DEFINITLY wouldn't buy this product again ( i didn' realise when i bought it that it was tested on animals)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Viglen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did not like. Kinda of made my eyelashes clumpy and made my eyes blaaaaaa. Im still on the hunt for a really good mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by ksmithy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this mascara is OK. Probably not best suited to my short lashes but I like the subtle effect it gives and how I can get to all my baby lashes. Not brilliant if you want dramatic lashes.. over time, I have found the formula gets flakier and not as effective at producing great lashes. Mine started smudging easier, and my curl was drooping. However I'd still buy it again.. but only if they did a deal cus its definitely not quite worth 10.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I'm very picky when it comes to mascara and I've tried lots of them. I used to pick a different one everytime I ran out, but since I tried this I find myself re-purchasing this one. I've also bought other mascara's since because I like change, but this is still the one I always grab. I love how it seperates the lashes, doesn't clumb and stays on all day without smudging. I do naturally have long and curly lashes though, so all I need is a mascara that does not clumb and blackens my lashes. Some extra volume would be nice though, and that is why I keep getting this one. I can add multiple layers which creates more volume and it still won't clumb. The last good thing about this stuff is the price. Sure other mascaras I've used like Lancome or Dior do a good job, but they are much more expensive than this one. I don't see why I would spend more on a mascara if this one does the job just as nice, probably even nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 2:44:00 PM More reviews by al82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have tried so many different mascaras and this is the one i keep coming back to.i need a few coats though and a special technique!here it is.....let your 1st coat dry and gently curl your lashes back onto eyelids with your fingers.then apply your second coat.because this mascara is so pliable,i find this really works.way better than eyelash curlers.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2008 4:47:00 AM More reviews by cvlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this mascara REALLY does separate your lashes!! Other than that it does NOTHING!! It's a great mascara to coat full, thick, long lashes because it does not clump and separate well. However if your lashes are thin and short, do NOT purchase!! I use it for my bottom lashes since I couldn't return it because it did nothing for my lashes. Of course I would not re-purchase