July 29, 2014 | 1915 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by SL103

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(Product tried : Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara WATERPROOF) I have oily to very oily skin, and have been trying different mascaras for a long long time now. As I am oriental I have short thin lashes but as my lashes are very thin I don't get that much of a problem with making it curl. The brush on this is excellent, as it seperates properly, doesn't clump and application is easy, however it doesn't really give you very much volume or length, this would make a good day time mascara, so you don't look over made up. However for oily skin this mascara gives you panda eyes after about 2 hours of putting this on.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by twiggy016

Amazing mascara!
I've bought so many different mascaras over the years, and this is the best by far!
Seperates lashes perfectly, great definition and makes lashes really reeeally long!
Price isn't bad but I normally just buy a cheap mascara such as Miss Sporty and dip the Max Factor brush in the fluid because the brush is the best bit and you save loads of money :D

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Bloodless

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You know, I quite like this one. Separates my lashes beautifully and gives them more volume. The price isn't half bad either. It's the mascara I use 80% of the time.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by RainWitch

I bought this ages ago, when there was hype because of the fancy brush. For me, it gives me length, volume and defines my lashes. Particularly my bottom ones. I have to say, I don't go for a dramatic look, but if you wiggle this sideways in your lashes it looks dramatic. I'm only not buying this again because it's tested on animals. Otherwise, I would.I took off a star because of that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2008 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ReenBean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

An average mascara I have to say. Not bad by any means but definitely did not blow me away. I have Asian straight lashes which I curl using Shu Uemura and I find that most mascaras (including this) does not hold the curl so that by the time the mascara dries, my lashes would more or less be straight again. To be honest I think the only thing that may hold a curl for Asian lashes are waterproof mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by skatt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros: clear lashes, no flakes --> YES for "Definition" effect
Cons: no volume building
Wont buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by jessimara

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Max Factor for making this mascara..
I'm British and so I like a mascara I can rely on in the crappy weather..
(I bought it also in it's waterproof formula.)
It's got gel-like bristles so it goes on like water but it's formula is thick and opaque so my lashes look almost wet but so natural and defined.
I wear this when I go clubbing with the Diorline Eyeliner and it's very consistent and stays in place.. I use 3 coats for a more dramatic effect. I would reccomend buying two as they can run out very quickly, the amount of product the brush picks up seems more than a normal mascara - but apart from that it's a gorgeous product which I reccomend to everyone! Can't get enough of it - I counted and found 7 in my makeup drawer!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2008 4:40:00 AM More reviews by qtpie90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was one of my favourite mascaras, it gave good definition and didn't clump easily. And the brush was really nice. The Good: definition, kind of separates lashes, can sometimes hold curls well, quite easy to remove. The Bad: doesn't lengthen at all, didn't really add volume. Would buy again if I didn't feel like trying new mascaras

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2008 2:05:00 PM More reviews by emma341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It was quite expensive for what you got. It clumped my lashes and made them look nasty and spidery and after a few hours bits started falling off my lashes! I wouldn't recomend this product and DEFINITLY wouldn't buy this product again ( i didn' realise when i bought it that it was tested on animals)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Viglen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Did not like. Kinda of made my eyelashes clumpy and made my eyes blaaaaaa. Im still on the hunt for a really good mascara!