October 22, 2014 | 2035 users online

Blush - MAC - Sheertone Shimmer - Springsheen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 12:20:00 AM More reviews by MACAddiction

This is a beautiful peachy gold highlighter with just a hint of pink on my NC45 African American skin. It gives me a natural, dewy, glowy look without being over the top. It is not my main cheek color. Instead, I wear it right above the apples of my cheeks, blended into my main cheek color, so a little mixes onto the top of the apples of my cheeks. It is a beautiful highlighter with MAC Eversun or Gingerly or Bare Escentuals Sedona, and MAC Sweet as Cocoa to contour. It probably would look good with MAC Foolish Me too. I always use my 187 or 188 to apply a light layer. I have found that this blush applies more evenly for me when I have an almost invisible layer of powder on my face. If I were to ever use this up, I would definitely buy this again, as it is the main highlighter that I reach for. Just be careful about dropping, as several of my MAC blushes in the pot have plastic protectors that separated from the casing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by louloubarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HATE MAC's Springsheen blush. It's nothing like Nars Orgasm. Springsheen fades within 2 hours and feels chalky and scratchy during application.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by iidunno

oh i love, this was my first ever mac blush based on the recommendation of the mac sales assistant. she said this would look lovely on me. been using it for months, and well i do love this. i have also heard that nars orgasm is a similar dupe to it, and at first i reframed from puchasing nars orgasm because of it. but then i got it anyways, and swatched side to side it looks pretty the same. however i have noticed macs springsheen has more noticeable gold sparkles when i apply it, sometimes it looks funny if there is one spot on my cheek with a lot of gold sparkles. but other than that i like. i have been using it for about 3-4 months and i have hardly made a dent in it. very pigmented. beautiful coral pink with gold sparkles and not too expensive.. ish well au$40 .

but nowadays ever since i bought nars orgasm i have been reaching for that more...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by TinyForever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorge colour a pinky peach. Love this to match pink lipstick and when wearing nude lip colours I wear the peach version (peachykeen). Got a glow and looks natural. Only prob is when it cracks when nearly used up!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first when I swatched this on my wrist, I was less than impressed. It looked very peach, not pink. But on my face, it looks peach with a mild tone of pink in it! When light hits my face, it looks absolutely gorgeous! I get cheekbones and my blush looks natural! I wonder if peachykeen gives me the pink Im craving for. mmm... very impressed! The shimmer is not obvious at all. It somehow melts with your skin coloring. No glitter as far as I can see. I'm so happy I didnt break out from this given my less than wonderful experience with MAC foundations before. People kept on commenting on how radiant my face looked and since the blush was soooo natural, they just said I had such nice skin! lol. of course i was wearing my usual bb cream and palgantong combination, but with this blush on me... my make up looks simply fab!

i thought there was something odd with the way the blush applied as i dont seem to get much shimmer. I've found the culprit! it's because of ecotools that I can somehow "build" on the pigment of the blush. when i use other brushes, the shimmer is overpowering so lesson learned: you need a good blush brush for this one!

I cant seem to stop adding more details about this blush. The shimmers, when hit by the sunlight- are neither silvery nor gold, but they look like a burst of multiple hued golden shimmers. absolutely gorgeous! They only look obvious when you squint really hard when the sun is on your face, but otherwise, your face really glows! I mean glows nicely! Even in dark- lit photographs, the shimmer does NOT look like shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by agenth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first MAC Blush.
My skintone is NC20, and this blush is perfect for natural every day wear, since it's buildable, but not too sheer.

I love the shimmer. It's not glitter, but more like highlighter&blush in 1 item. It's not overly noticeable, but it is easier to apply than matte blushes, since it glides on the skin

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by squeakoid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mac blush. I just got this yesterday. I was really excited about getting this as I read soooo many good reviews on it.

The colour on my cheeks is really peachy/corally with lots of gold shimmer (perhaps I should try using less product next time :)).

I really really like how this looks on my cheeks, it gives me a warm flush which is great for my medium/tan skin tone.

I do find that the shimmer accentuates any skin problems you may have. My skin is usually clear but I find that I need use a foundation before using this.

Would buy this again.

Edit: the staying power of this blush isn't that great. It seems to wear off after about 4 to 5 hours which is disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Do I have the same blush as everybody else? Mine is totally orange in the pan and has a slight gold glimmer. Applies a lovely soft flattering coral peach with a hint of shimmer but I don't get any pink at all. Nothing like Orgasm, as far as I am concerned... And TheBalm Hot Mama is way more pigmented, more shimmery and a touch pinker as well. Don't get me wrong, Springsheen is still a nice blush, it has its merits but I just don't see the comparisons there.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2010 5:19:00 AM More reviews by LiliRoseVoice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolutely stunning blush... but maybe not for me? The colour and the durability are wonderful, and I can see how it would be stunning on someone with perfect skin, but unfortunately the shimmer is hell for my acne-prone, oily and slightly scarred cheeks. I can only wear it when my skin is behaving decently, which means no spots and lots of powder to mattify. That said, when I do wear it, I remember why I haven't yet given it away. It's a very summery, springy coral-peach color, that is beautiful on pale skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Pretty coral (leaning to pink) color. MAC calls it "peach with pearl."

CONS: Too sparkly for me, personally. (It's similar to MAC's Melba, but tons of shimmer. It's like NARS' Deep Throat, but more pigmented and more shimmer.) I don't like how most of MAC's blushes are so hard to blend.

ALTERNATES: If you need to have something this pigmented, try Bobbi Brown for blendability. For sheer and buildable and much more blendable, try LORAC.