August 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I used to buy this at Target and then it vanished. I still have a lot left so I wasn't worried (this stuff lasts forever..I use it everyday and I still have tons!!). I love this it is so natural and controls shine and isn't chalky/cakey/drying at all. It is the only powder I have ever liked. I saw it at Walgreens yesterday and even though I don't need it yet I got it. I couldn't stand it if it were discontinued!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2007 4:01:00 AM More reviews by haemisphere

I was wondering what happened to this product because I could never find it whenever I went to Wal-Mart or Target. I need to check out Walgreens.

I use this as a setting powder on top of my foundation (Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+) and Dermablend cover creme. I love the color it gives me. I'm not too white or too dark when I use the Medium shade (I'm a NC25/NC30).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2007 7:05:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

I rather like this stuff, but I'm not as in love with it as many people on MUA are.

It does give the face a soft glow without ever oxidizing or turning chalky in natural light, but under artificial lighting, it's "reflective" particles just look like tacky glitter and the powder more obvious. It isn't terrible, but I notice it.

I like this stuff more as sort of "body powder" and I brush it on my legs for a slightly more "airbrushed" finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by QueenMe

For my makeup,I usually just use a little concealer and foundation however I got tired of my make-up rubbing off on my clothes and desk at work, getting runny when going out in the sun and getting everywhere (horrible mess) I read that you need powder to set the foundation and I purchased this in deep and haven't had any trouble at all with my makeup rubbing off so I guess it sets the foundation nicely.
    I like to use a powder brush to apply because I don't like the pad that comes with it you put too much on with the pad, At first when I tried it, I don't know what it was but I looked strange, maybe I had applied to much or it could be just that I am used to having more of a glow i.e. the revlon skinlights look. I am not used to being matte. However after having the powder on after awhile it seems to settle on the skin nicely. I have very oily skin and it does a semi-ok job of controlling oil.When my oily skin starts to shine through that mixed with the powder seems to give my face the glow that I like. Over my foundation the powder makes my face look really smooth and healthy and I do have some skin problems. I notice by the time I get home my face looks more like it did before I left for work than it ever did. Usually when I get home my face looks kind of cakey and icky dirty feeling from the oil mixing with my foundation and the Texas heat. but I notice my face feels a lot less oily and very smooth. I am basically trying to get my makeup to last all day and I am getting there little by little by trying different products. Will definity purchase again.
    The only thing I dislike is the powder doesn't come thru the holes for me. I don't think they are big enough so its a little messy. The smell is nice however kinda of annoying after awhile but it won't deter me from purchasing it again. The price also I thought was a little high but its okay I know this product will last me for awhile.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 7:30:00 AM More reviews by filmart

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I desperately wanted to find a cheaper d/s alternative to the expensive Becca, which is a poor value for the money. Translucide's lightest shade (Translucent) was good, and the powder applied smoothly. However, the finish was a bit too glowy for my taste, and I especially hated the slight burning feeling on my face all day, likely from the Vitamin C that L'Oreal promotes so prominently for this product. I think it's despicable that people like Paula Begoun make claims that antioxidants are GOOD for ALL skin types, when they are NOT! Vitamin C has consistently irritated my sensitive skin (I was hoping that it would be in such a minute concentration here that it wouldn't affect my skin, but no such luck). I don't understand it - L'Oreal has antioxidants and/or exfoliants in ALL their skin care items, so why put it in cosmetics as well? Is there such a thing as SOOTHING the skin anymore, instead of just burning it off?! Obviously not to L'Oreal.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by alixnaiq

I was looking for an inexpensive translucent powder to set my concealer and after reading the reviews here, I decided to give this a go and bought this in 01 / Light Translucent for SGD$25.90. I'm not sure if this is a little too light for me - at the moment I'm not using this as my top layer, but using it after my Stila Angel Light UV illuminating Makeup Base SPF30 to set my concealer before my first layer of Stila tinted moisturiser. It does cut down the shine on my nose, chin & forehead, and it's also good as an eye primer for my rather oily lids. I'm still looking for my HG loose powder and plan to try some non-translucent powders, so I don't think I'll repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by dibbun

After reading the reviews here I ran out and bought this in medium for my pale Asian skin. I didn't notice too much of a scent but the packaging is better than most loose powders as it has a filter on the top. The powder feels light and makes my skin look glowy, which is good because it counter acts the chalkyness of the Shiseido sunscreen. A little dusting of bronzer makes skin flawless. If you have large pores or oily skin you may want to skip this, as the shinyness seems to highlight imperfections.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Lynn78

I was looking for a sheer loose powder for everday use.I am a NC15, and got this in translucent. This is my HG powder!! Lovely orangey/fruity scent that is not overpowering. It applies like a sheer veil on my skin, mattifies without looking "Cakey" like other powders. I believe there's some finely milled glimmering minerals added in moderation. This really helps to give a luminous glow to my skin, when I use my MAC 187 to buff/blend it in. Love it, and will definately buy again, hope that L'oreal doesn't discontinue this. Get it if you like a natural luminous look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by proud2bealady

I'm Asian, with oily skin and occasional acne problems, and this powder works well for me. I don't mind the scent at all, and the packaging is ok. It gives a really nice and soft finish.. Not cakey, and I kinda feel Translucide makes my face have that healthy glow..I didn't think that kind of thing was even possible! I just wish it has a better staying power.. I like things worth the price, other than overpriced beauty stuff. Having said that, I will repurchase this product again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by ben228

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty good. It gives a natural, matte finish that isn't "hard" looking like some powders can be. I mean, it looks like skin, not powder on your skin. I like it. And the smell! Mmmmm! Don't even get me started on the smell, I won't be able to restrain myself. I LOVE the smell :)

But, I will say this, too many touch ups with this powder and your skin can start to look a little like fabric, as silly as that sounds. Other than that, it is wonderful.