New York Color Color Wheel Mosaic Powder Pink Cheek Glow

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am a MAC NW 35 and this color shows up more white than pink on my skin. NOGO

on 12/24/2009 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this mosaic wheel, since I just recently began understanding the concept of it- it doesn't give a flat color but instead gives a good mix.

I have a medium complexion, and my only complaint is that this blush barely shows up on it. It does leave a very natural.. VERY subtle pink glow on my cheeks which I like.

Packaging is good, but simple and see thru plastic. Price is sooo cheap, butI'll definitly look out for a darker one.
I wouldn't say it has shimmer but it does leave my skin with a matte sheen.

Some people who are used to expensive blushes may find this chalky. Overall I really do love the look when blended out well.

on 12/19/2009 3:34:00 PM

I'm really enjoying the NYC line lately and this product is no exception! The color is great, a very natural looking pink flush! The color goes on light but is buildable. Great product, great price.

on 12/2/2009 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my absolute favorite blush! It is such a beautiful color. I apply this with a fairly light hand and it just makes my skin look so fresh and healthy. It's also just so cute with the mosaic pattern. =) I would imagine this blush would work for almost any skin tone whether fair or dark, as long as you use the right amount. The only thing I might change about it is that it is a little powdery in the package. By that I simply mean that after you use it you have to blow off the extra powder on the blush itself. It doesn't go on powdery at all. That doesn't bother me though. This is probably the best blush you can get in this price range. I will absolutely repurchase if I ever run out. I absolutely love this blush and definitely recommend it.

on 11/23/2009 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of the most versatile powders I've ever used. It has various shades of pink and brown in a mosaic pattern, ranging from a neutral brown to light pink to medium pink. It has a slight shimmer but nothing that looks like a Las Vegas showgirl. I've used it for everything from an eyeshadow to blusher to even a highlighter on the decolletage area. You can swipe a large fluffy brush across it for a blusher, or you can use a smaller eyeshadow brush and pick up individual colors for subtle accenting of the eye area. When I am having a "no-makeup" day, I will use a fluffy brush drawn across all the colors to put just a swipe of color onto my eyes, add a bit of eyeliner and mascara, and I'm set. I have very oily skin and eyelids, but I've never noticed any fading or streaking.

The only real gripes I have are the usual...the lid isn't exactly super-tight, but I don't mind it too much because I use a small makeup case and there's not a lot of room for makeup to bounce around in there and uncap itself. The other is that I broke it...I dropped it on the floor of the bathroom and that was the end of that. But I just turned it upside down and let the broken pieces collect in the plastic lid and use it that way...I just don't take it with me anywhere. Once I use up what I have I'll definitely be buying more. At less than five bucks, it's a fairly cheap splurge for your makeup fix.

on 11/19/2009 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I don't like this. Fair enough, it's cheap as dirt - I got mine for like 1.99 in Superdrug. But...it just does not deliver. At all. All I get is shimmer shimmer shimmer. It's very fine shimmer, but still shimmer. Too much shimmer for my liking. It deposits little to no colour on my tan NC40 skintone...it's just really unflattering. If I do try to build up the colour, I get shimmer overload with some tacky fake pink colour to my cheeks that doesn't look nice. The packaging is pure crap as well - the lid comes off all the time.

on 11/19/2009 10:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

So when I first got into makeup I started out with pretty much only N.Y.C, and this blush was in my first kit. I started a few years ago and I still have it, so it must last quite a bit of time. Like many have said the top does slip off fairly easy but I have purchased another color wheel more recently and I can't seem to take that lid off. So I think N.Y.C has made the packaging a little bit more sturdy but you also have to be careful because if the top is too tight and you can't get it off and then drop it, apprently it will shatter. Luckily I haven't dropped mine yet! The price is pretty cheap and the quailty is pretty good. As you have probably heard, the pigmentation of this blush isn't the greatest but that is what I love about it! :) It just gives you a nice sheer coat of light pink, so it doesn't look chalky or fake! Overall this blush seems to hide in my makeup drawer for a while then pop back up again. So I use this on and off depending on my skin tone in the season! Hope this helps! :)

on 11/19/2009 9:58:00 AM

I LOVE this blush. This is the only blush that I have ever gone back to and purchased over and over again. I used this when I was tan and even now when I'm..pale! The color always looks natural and I love that. It has a hint of shimmer that livens up my face. This is my all-time favorite blush...and the price is great too :) Will re-buy again and again

on 10/6/2009 8:38:00 PM

I don't like this packaging. The lid is always stuck onto the bottom and I can't get it off. I dropped the package and a bit of it crumbled away. I'm still using it because I think my Tarte stain has gone rancid and I never know exactly what color blush to buy. I don't really like this product, but it is one of those that is in my makeup drawer just in case I want to use it. The color is very light, so I usually apply it with bronzer. I should just stop using it, but I don't want to be wasteful. I could just let it float to the bottom of my makeup drawer....

on 9/27/2009 10:40:00 PM

loove this stuff. looks natural for my skintone and i can use the individual color parts as a sheer eyeshadow too :D

Top Rated New York Color Products