April 18, 2014 | 861 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mittensdontgrowontrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have used several different TBS body butters in the past and have found this to be my least favourite so far.

I ordered online and was very much looking forward to receiving it and some strawberry soap. Unfortunately, whilst the soap has a lovely fresh, fruity scent, the body butter smells very artificial and a bit sickly to me.

I really like the consistency and packaging of the body butters, but the scent really lets this one down. The mango and passion fruit scents are much preferable fruit body butters and I think I'll go back to them next time I buy one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off I want to say I was a little bit skeptical of this product, but after receiving it as a gift I have to say i'm hooked! I love the smell -and so does my boyfriend ;) - the smell lasts longer than other moisturizers but doesn't cling to clothes which i love. One recommendation i have is to use very little because it really does go a long way and thanks to the packaging it last forever :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Great for dry skin. Moisturizing, but not definitely not greasy. Yummy, delicious, light (but not weak) scent. Kind of like a strawberry milkshake.

CONS: A little expensive. Not good for those who don't want contamination by their fingers, but that's not an issue for me because I apply when I have clean hands anyway. It's a very strong and sweet scent, so I would smell before buying to make sure you like it.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by tireheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This butter make the face flesh depth to moisten immediately with the soft smooth like silk touch.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always love the packaing quality of TBS body butters! The reason I would not buy this again is because of the artificial strawberry smell. All TBS body butters are great moisturisers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this butter, my fav of the TBS butter range. Okay it smells a bit synthetic but i do feel that it depends on the batch. I bought a mini today and it smells less artifical - may be the tester is off?

The scent reminds me of strawberry chewits. Very moisturizing and luxurious. Even though i get compliments with the coconut one, the strawberry one is the winner by far.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by QuarterHorseNPaints7

I smelled this scent on a friend at work so i went on ebay and bought the 50ml size to try it out and i was so happy with it that it was gone in about 2 weeks and i just bought the big tub of it and couldn't be more happy with it. It smells sooo good and it feels great on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This body butter is just heavenly. I have always wanted to try these, but my nearest location never carried mini sizes. I didn't want to try a full size beause I love switching up my moisturizers, and getting such a large tub would be a waste. Anywho, on a recent trip to a mall further away they had mini's! so I picked this up along with the 'Satsuma' scent. This is just a gorgeous moisturizer! I love using this all over, and especially after shaving my legs- it moisturizes like nothing else, and the smell lingers for ages :) before this, I loved the Victoria's Secret body butters, but those are no longer available where I live- but I think these will take thier place nicely. Anywho, this moisturizer is great because a little goes a long way- only a few swipes and you can moisture you entire body without feeling greasy. After a few hours, your skin still will feel soft and supple. This is such a great product Im glad I tried, will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by anya_tay

Love the way this moitsurizer works but after finishing the tub I decided not to repurchase because the scent was sooo strong. Takes a while to sink it but definitely softened my skin. The product was quite heavy and would be great for anyone with dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

one of my very favourite body shop butters. this is the third pot i have owned. moisturization has never given me anything to complain about, and the scent is true to the fruit itself, but with an added sweetness that makes you think of dessert/candy. this is a gorgeous, indulgent butter and it always makes me think of summer and good times.