August 22, 2014 | 2004 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Strawberry Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by tinathecookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

As much as I love the scent of this product, the disappointing thing about so many Body Shop products is that when objectively viewed, they are actually nowhere near as good as they seem. Yes, this is a good short term moisturiser, but it goes on so thick and doesn't have much of a long term effect. Palmers provides a longer term moisture for your skin. Furthermore, I am well aware it says this moisturiser is for 'normal skin' but I have normal skin and this left me dry after a few hours and I had to keep reapplying :( A cheaper alternative might smell worse, but is actually better for your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by EllaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! Delicious smell and great moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 6:06:00 AM More reviews by joanasousa86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

love the smell and consistence! about body lotions/creams, i tend to choose the thick one's... i just feel like it is giving more moisture to my skin. you can get nivea for LESS than this, and the result is the same, the only difference is the smell, no strawberry scent for sure on nivea!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this body butter. It isn't too greasy and makes my skin extremely soft and silky. However, it doesn't really smell like strawberry. Once when I wore this body lotion to school a girl in my class said something along the lines of "it smells like apples in here". She was bang on! This body butter smells more like sweet apple cider, which is probably why I like wearing it in the fall months.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mittensdontgrowontrees

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have used several different TBS body butters in the past and have found this to be my least favourite so far.

I ordered online and was very much looking forward to receiving it and some strawberry soap. Unfortunately, whilst the soap has a lovely fresh, fruity scent, the body butter smells very artificial and a bit sickly to me.

I really like the consistency and packaging of the body butters, but the scent really lets this one down. The mango and passion fruit scents are much preferable fruit body butters and I think I'll go back to them next time I buy one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off I want to say I was a little bit skeptical of this product, but after receiving it as a gift I have to say i'm hooked! I love the smell -and so does my boyfriend ;) - the smell lasts longer than other moisturizers but doesn't cling to clothes which i love. One recommendation i have is to use very little because it really does go a long way and thanks to the packaging it last forever :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Great for dry skin. Moisturizing, but not definitely not greasy. Yummy, delicious, light (but not weak) scent. Kind of like a strawberry milkshake.

CONS: A little expensive. Not good for those who don't want contamination by their fingers, but that's not an issue for me because I apply when I have clean hands anyway. It's a very strong and sweet scent, so I would smell before buying to make sure you like it.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by tireheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This butter make the face flesh depth to moisten immediately with the soft smooth like silk touch.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always love the packaing quality of TBS body butters! The reason I would not buy this again is because of the artificial strawberry smell. All TBS body butters are great moisturisers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this butter, my fav of the TBS butter range. Okay it smells a bit synthetic but i do feel that it depends on the batch. I bought a mini today and it smells less artifical - may be the tester is off?

The scent reminds me of strawberry chewits. Very moisturizing and luxurious. Even though i get compliments with the coconut one, the strawberry one is the winner by far.