The Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragaria ananassa (Natural Additive), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fragaria chiloensis (Strawberry Seed Oil) (Natural Additive), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Rosmarinus officinalis (Natural Additive), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 14700 (Colour).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Mmmm I love strawberries, so I couldn't help but to purchase this body butter as soon as the Body Shop had one of those 50%-off-everything-in-the-bag sales. At the time, body butters were still $20 but I think $10 was reasonable enough for me to indulge myself!

The texture is pretty thick at first, but feels more whipped and softens quickly in your hands. This one doesn't feel as greasy as some of the others as it's meant for people with normal skin, or doesn't need intense moisturizing. I have very dry skin but I bought it for the scent alone. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave my skin feeling oily or sticky.

The scent.... is very sweet, so I know it's not for everyone. Not sweet in the fake candy or ice cream smelling strawberry sweet that I don't like, but more like very ripe fresh strawberries. I avoid wearing this all over when I go out because it's pretty strong and lasts for quite some time, transferring easily onto things in direct contact with your skin and not everyone appreciates the scent. Instead I use it right before bed and I wake up with pajamas smelling like strawberries.

Edit: As of Aug 2011, I have decided to cut the amount of products I have with parabens and products with "fragrance" listed in the ingredients. I am sad to say I will not be repurchasing this (even though I love the smell!) after I am finished with my current tub. Hopefully, the Body Shop will decide to eliminate parabens and some other chemicals from future formulas so I can embrace their yummy products again.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Love the texture, but not this particular scent. It reminds me alot of the cheap lotions i used to have back in junior high, lol. After it sinks in the scent becomes more subtle, and more bearable. It has a wonderful whipped texture to it, and it sinks in immediately leaving no greasy residue behind, just nice supple skin. Again, there are other scents I prefer but some of the textures can be heavier or lighter, but this one is perfect.
The packaging, standard body shop tub container, is good for body butters because you dont have to sit there and squeeze a tube with both of your hands to get the product out (since butters are thicker). I dont mind having to dip my hands or use a spatula with it.
Overall, i will use up what i have and probably wont repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This body butter is as good as it gets! First off, the smell- durable and sweet- it may be a little too syrupy for some, but after a while, it just fades into a hint of fresh strawberry. Also, the moisturizing it gives is DIVINE! You can def. feel the strong shea butter concentration. It's extremely thick- just thick enough to penetrate my(sometimes dry) skin, moisturizing and nourishing it completely, leaving a bit of a 'glow' on top. Just one use lasts at least a good week, and leaves you and your surroundings smelling delicious. If it wasn't for the off putting high price, this would my one and only, but as it is, I must sadly alternate w/ this and a slightly less thick and delicious smelling 5$ version...

This along with another body lotion was my first purchases from the body shop and Im very happy with my products. I got the one that's in 1.7 tub and it cost me 6$ smells a lot like strawberry pez and I love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Friendly product! :D I use the puree body lotion from Strawberry range before, then I try for the body butter.
I prefer the body lotion's smell, because it's sweeter and candy-like. But the body butter has nice aroma too! It's sweet and fresh!

It gives moisture on skin, but you have to apply as soon as possible after bath/shower, so it will absorb well into your skin. If not, I usually feel greasy for a moment. :(

I believe it works great in winter or dry environment. :D

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

My favorite fruity body butter. The smell is a artifical strawberry but I love it. It reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake Dolls but stronger. I like to layer this with a vanilla perfume, then it smells like strawberry vanilla ice cream. The body butter is very rich and creamy, a little goes a long way. If it feels greasy, you may have used too much. I think it's a bit spendy at $16 for a large tub but The Body Shop always has sales, so you can often get it for less.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like texture and the consistency of this Body Butter but out of all The Body Shop Body Butters I have tried this is the only one where it's scent was not natural to me.
I am a fan of strawberry scents but I was hoping this Body Butter would of had that natural Strawberry punnet smell; it's a bit artificial.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I was SO disappointed with this product! I absolutely love the fragrance. It's so juicy and I can't stop smelling it. But the thing is, it gets my hands all sticky and for me, that's something I can't compromise. And yes, like sugar-on-your-fingers sticky. Its definitely going back. Otherwise I would have adored it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My husband LOVES when I wear this. I've been using it for years. I love that it is strong, I get tons of compliments with it.

Strawberry always smells so yummy like I can eat it! Love the texture and it moisturizes so well. I apply it to my body every night before sleeping. My bed smells like strawberries and so does my clothes! Love it!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products