November 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by lewilyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this as a mask and as cleanser.. Works best with turmeric! Check my review for turmeric on how it has helped my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 5:06:00 PM More reviews by princeandpuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I read people were using oatmeal as a mask and also cleanser so I had to try it for myself.

I put quaker quick oats (the kind you bake with) in my blender and crunched it up a bit and started washing my face with it. It works pretty nicely but I've found that the more finely ground the oatmeal the better this works. I just add a bit of water and wash away, the 'milk' it makes when you add water feels amazing.

I've been trying to Dr. Hauschka method of not moisturizing at night and this is the first cleaser where I don't feel like my face migth crack off if I don't moistureize.

The only draw back is it hasn't done anything for any minor skin impurities like little bumps or small blackheads. I should confess though I'm a picker, I pick when there's nothing een there so maybe that's my own fault.

Given the price, I cannot complain though and even if my skin isn't radiant, it sure feels nice. I recommend you at least try it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by valerian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use oatmeal in masks (usually mixed into yoghurt) but mostly enjoy it as a sort of facial wash for the soothing, hydrating effects it gives.
When my daughter was very young, she had excema outbreaks which left her itchy, dry and uncomfortable and I used to put porridge oats into a nylon stocking, throw it in the bath, let her soak in it and then use the stocking like soap all over the itchy bits. It always used to calm and soothe.
So, for ladies who want the effects but not the mess, the way I use it is to get a muslin cloth, tip some oats in the middle and then draw the edges up and secure with an elastic band and then soak it in warm water and use like a little oaty pad over the face and then rinse. After a week of use, empty it, launder the cloth and start over.

For someone who suffers with excema on the face and around the eyes this can be safely used twice daily and I'm sure it would help.
(N.B. do a patch test first if the skin is especially reactive or for babies and small children)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by meg182

I used to do this back in the day and I forgot about it! I went through a rough period of my life and stopped using this (or anything really), haha.

Anyway today I remembered how AMAZING this used to be, so I tried it, and already my skin looks so much different than it has in forevvver.

I always remembered using this back in the day it was like my skin was suddenly perfect. I actually just use a half a teaspoon of "Oat Bran" and a few drops of water to massage on my face in the shower.

I tell you, for whatever reason it makes my skin plump, radiant, even, surprisingly moisturized, and somehow not shiny whatsoever. It's like I have dream skin, perfectly normal. Better than normal. Haha.

Anyway, enjoy!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for three weeks as a cleanser. I use it at least once a day (am) and depending on what I've put on my skin or how my skin is behaving it is my preferred evening cleanser as well. If I've used ss I'll remove that first with Avene Cleanance gel face wash (and maybe follow up with oats if I want/have time).
I'm very surprised at how good this is. Very cheap and a litttle does go a long way. I'm sure the tub of porridge oats will last me months.
I really had low expectation of this as a face wash, and just thought this might be another internet hype/gimmick that does nothing for my oily/acne prone skin.
From the very first use I have felt a softness and eveness to my skin that I have not had in a long time. It is very gentle and seems to be very soothing. The level of exfoliation seems to be perfect for my skin. Any discolouration (acne scars etc) seems to be fading, and the texture all over my face is very smooth. I've gotten compliments, which hasn't happened in years. It doesn't feel too dry after washing, in fact my skin just feels 'normal'. It doesn't seem to have made my skin oiler, infact it seems to be a little less so (not sure if that's the oats).
Any new acne is definitely less red and the marks seem to be fading far quicker than before.
I feel that this might be a product suitable for all skin types (although of course ymmv - I read somewhere in the comments that some one had an allergic reaction to the oats).
A great great product so far and much quicker than oil cleansing (which I was doing before). A keeper.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ChanelLove07

I started using this for about 9 months now and I'm in love with it. I have a oily t zone and normal/dry skin everywhere else. I also had eczema and my skin gets rough easily if I don't use the right products and moisturizers. How I use this is after I cleans my face with the aveeno positively radiant cleanser, I get about a quarter of a palm full and hold it tight in my hands, I run warm water through it (still keeping my hand like a fist form so the oats don't run through) then I squeeze out the milky liquid and spread that over my skin first, it's amazing, then I gently scrub the slightly warm oats all over my face (I use it warm because it helps to clean the pores and it makes the oats softer). Then I rinse it off with blasting cold water to close my pores. Face feels soft, and radiant. I do the same thing but leave it on like a mask every 2nd day at night for about 15 minutes. My mum has complemented on my skin that it looks radiant. I believe it also helped cleared my skin. I had bad breakouts on my forehead during one time and just as it was clearing up I was using this and it really helped. Love it. I also have quite sensitive skin and it didn't irritate it. Just dont scrub too hard

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Missxhannah

If you haven't tried this yet.. TRY IT!
Purchased PLAIN QUICK OATS, nothing with flavor

This is fool proof! I've always been one to have a fancy for natural stuff on my hair/face. And i couldnt believe that I havent tried this only till this year. This product is versatile and easily mixes with other products. Keep in mind that this may react to peoples skin differently and I am sharing what works for me. Prior to using this I had combination skin. Oily T-zone, dry around the nose and mouth, and I have those annoying breakouts once a month

I've used this product in the following ways:

Cleanser: (first I blended this is one of those magic bullets and I store in in a tiny tupper wear that I leave near the bathroom sink) Grab a bunch and add water, allow it to soak up a little to get soft and milky. Then gently massage it into face

Mask: Oatmeal mixed with honey and some lemon juice, up to a consistency that you desire. Leave it on for 5 minutes. The longer you leave it on the harder it wil be to remove

Face powder: yes face powder! I blended this in the magic bullet (dry of course) intil it was a fine powder. After applying makeup I use this to set everything. I noticed that it kept oil away for hours and left a flawless finish. My mom even asked what I was using

Just try to see what works for you. The only down size it that it can be a bit messy. But thats all. Within the first use I've noticed that my skin looked clearer, dry patches dissapeared, face glowed, and it balanced out the PH levels.

Now after 3 weeks of continuous usage, I went from combination skin to normal skin :) Plus you save money with this instead of buying all those cleansers, masks, powders that has who knows what in them.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 4:15:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Bought this at my local bargain store for $2. Unlisted, regular oatmeal. I mix it with milk and apply it as a mask for 20 minutes. My skin is so soft. I love it. I then use the excess to scrub gently after washing off the mask. Very gentle cleanser, my face feels clean without that tight feeling. Doesn't make my skin shiny and reduces the look of blemishes. Only thing I dislike is that it does cause some minor whiteheads.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Shiorin

I started to use oatmeal as a cleanser (got the idea from bubzbeauty) when I noticed that my cleanser that I had been using for 3 months had dried up my skin completely. It took a long time to realize why I had these tiny red pumps all over my face and first I thought it was my diet but it turned out it was my cleanser.
I have a combination skin and my skin was in a very bad shape when I stopped using my cleanser. I switched to oatmeal and after a week my skin had completely cleared out from the red pumps!! I would definitely switch back to oatmeal if my skin gets problematic but for now I'm going to seek for a new cleanser.

Pros:
-good for sensitive and dry skin
-washes off makeup
-good for problematic skin
-skin feels soft and clean after washing
-does not dry out too much
- very cheap!
Cons:
-makes me break out a bit
-can be extremely messy!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by bludvls849

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love. I've used it finely ground in face masks or in the bath, and I've also used it cooked to soothe irritated skin. Always delivers, and makes my skin very soft. I typically mix this with honey and milk for a soothing mask, and yogurt if I want my face to be brighter. HG!

Update 12/8/12: I'm still using this and loving it. I implore anyone who has irritated/problematic skin to use this. I have skin that is EXTREMELY prone to redness, irritation, and swelling, especially when I'm under stress. I'm also prone to acne, and using a face mask of cooked oatmeal calms my skin down SO much. I highly, highly recommend this!