Bath and Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom-lotion

on 10/9/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's funny how when I used to shop at b+b I would go for the certain scents and disregard others as "nothing special". Now I am coming back to all those "nothing special" scents because some of the others turned out to be overwhemling and annoying when I used them alot. This is definitely one of them, especially since alot of my scents scream summer. This is perfect for fall I think. I won't even try to describe it but I think it's light and appealing to alot of people. The packaging is beautiful too, love the red! However, it's not THAT moisturizing for $10.50 so stock up during sales.

on 10/7/2009 12:28:00 AM

its so so.. the scent was ok but a lil too strong.. i think the body cream is actually more moisterizing...

on 10/7/2009 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I remember when I was in high school Bath & Body Works was the craze. I never actually owned a bottle myself because my mom always kept drugstore brands ones on stock cause she was a thrifty shopper. Well one day I was at the mall at saw that they were having a sale. I ended up getting this scent, regular cherry blossom and one other one (which I can't remember the name right now). I personally don't think the scent is that strong and my a lot of coworkers are super picky about strong scents. The issue I have with it is I don't feel like it moistures my hands well. I deal with a lot of paperwork in my job and my hands tend to get super dry as well as from winter (I still have try it out for this season). I find myself applying at least 6-10 times in a 9 hour span. Where as when I was just using the drugstore brands I only had to put it on like 3 times.

on 9/9/2009 9:20:00 AM

This flavor has a SEXY, WARM FLORAL and NICE LIGHT POWDERY UNDERTONE.....(this is the only powder like smell in a lotion that I really like...cuz I think a powdery smell seems like its geared toward an older group IMO... so you know that I have to hate the regular Cherry Blossom...yuk! Thats too powdery and old like for me. Ladies,don't get mad about the 'older' comment... as I am 35yrs old and mean no disrespect for my elders. I am just being real ladies!)..... HG HG HG!!!

This and Sensual Amber... my first H.G. flavor... are the sexiest scents BBW's have.
MEN LOVE THESE TWO SCENTS....I promise....try them!

on 8/13/2009 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I received this as a gift from my sister after I told her how much I liked the way it smelled on a friend of mine. I would never have purchased this for myself just because I usually don't like bath and body works scents. I'm so glad my sister bought me this lotion. It works great with my body chemistry and it dries down to a nice warm floral scent. I have worn just about every expensive perfume there is and my husband compliments me more when I wear this lotion than when I put on any other product. I like the fact that you can smell it all day. I have read so many reviews where people (including myself) have complained that a scent has no staying power. Now there are reviews that this has too much. I don't get it. I am in nursing school and I wear this all the time and no one has complained that they can smell it or that it's too strong a scent. Also, it hydrates the skin well. It soaks in quickly and doesn't leave a greasy residue like some lotions can. Overall, I give it high marks based on scent, lasting power, and hydration. It's a winner. Also it's cheap. 10$ for a lotion that makes you smell great all day is a double bonus.

on 8/4/2009 2:56:00 PM

I really wanted to love this lotion because I am CRAZY for the Japanese Cherry Blossom bubble bath, but I ended up being overpowered by the lotion's scent. It was just too strong on me, almost cloying. I guess it just didn't work with my chemistry, because I let a coworker have it and it smelled okay on her. I'll just stick to the bubble bath for this scent.

on 7/3/2009 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I tried some of this lotion in the store on my hands, and the smell was SO STRONG that I had to wash this stuff off! It didn't stink (actually it smelled pretty good), but it did give me a headache. Won't be buying it because there are other B&BW scents I like better.

on 6/6/2009 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this scent. I get comments all of the time when I put the lotion on. People will notice it when they hug me or sometimes when they are right next to me. For me it's a prefectly subtle scent that blends perfectly with my own body chemistry. I don't care that it's so widely sold and popular, this is my daily HG scent. The lotion-I usually just use the body cream-also keeps my skin very well moisturized, even through a harsh Vermont winter. I just apply it immediately after I get out of the shower. It's more expensive that a drugstore lotion, but I usually stock up when Bath & Body Works has one of their great sales. So I usually end up getting an awesome deal and really only buy it once or twice a year. A tube of body cream lotion will last you quite a while. I will buy this again and again!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i never understood why this scent was the most popular BBW scent.
i never liked it. it's very musky. i'm not sure how to explain how it smells. it's just a scent i never enjoyed.
to each his own, i suppose.

on 5/10/2009 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Smells wonderful! I love this much better than the regular Cherry Blossom scent from B&BW. The lotion itself is luxurious and absorbs quickly, and the scent sticks for hours (and rubs off your clothes and sheets! That's a good thing to me, but it's just a warning.)

I love lotions that smell great and absorbs immediately on your skin, and this lotion passes the test. If you use it daily, it may not last very long, but my bottle's on it's second month and I still have some left. The price is a bit expensive, and I'm sure there are many other lotions that absorb quickly, keep you moisturized and smell great, so just get those. I will admit this lotion does feel and look high quality.