LUSH Butterball Bath Bomb

4.3

on 1/30/2010 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this bath bomb, it is my all time favorite!!!! Its smells so delicious and leaves a beautiful scent on my skin even after my bath. I dont need to put lotion on, it leaves your skin soft and silky but not greasy at all. I just wish this one wasn't so pricey for just one bath. Will definitely repurchase.

on 1/27/2010 8:18:00 PM

This makes for a very moisturizing but unscented bath. The fizzing action is meh, I've found I get the same results slicing a therapy massage bar up into MANY pieces, maybe 20-30 and tossing one in the tub and letting it dissolve.

on 1/17/2010 11:31:00 AM

This is my favorite bath bomb. It doesn't have much of a smell, but boy is it moisturizing! I even shave my legs in the tub when using it, and don't even have to use shaving cream, because it puts so much moisturizing oil into the water. It's great in the winter if your skin gets really dry and flaky like mine does.

on 1/15/2010 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really do love this bathbomb. I've tried both the regular version and the Christmas "Mr. Butterball" snowman shaped version. That said, this did take some getting used to on my part.

The very first time I used this, I was horrified and thought something was wrong with it before I ever even stepped into the tub. There were what seemed like HUGE pools of oil floating on top of the bathwater. My initial reaction was not pleasant or positive. I tried making my own bathbombs once and added too much oil. As a result, every time I used one, the water was way oily. This was exactly like the home-made ones I had done.

Anywho, I decided to take the plunge anyway (puns!). And I'm glad I did. I love the scent (musky vanilla and ylang-ylang?). The oils in the water made my skin so silky smooth. I was impressed.

Then I stood up to get my silky smooth self out of the tub and nearly cracked my skull on the window ledge above the tub. This bad boy makes EVERYTHING silky smooth. Not just the skin. So be careful. Luckily my skull survived with no more damage than usual.

The only downer with this bath bomb is that I have a more difficult time scrubbing the tub after I use it. And yes, I do scrub my tub after every bath I take. But I consider it a fair trade for all the moisturizing goodness, so I only took off one lippie for it's overt greasiness.

on 1/12/2010 2:13:00 PM

I am commenting on the Holiday Version of this. "mr. butterball" the snowman!! :)

This has got to be my FAVORITE bath bomb from lush. It smells amazing, and leaves the water silky smooth. My skin feels so soft and moisturized after taking a bath with mr. butterball :)

I have nothing bad to say about this product! I would buy it until lush doesn't make it anymore, which i hope never happens.

Wait until after Christmas so you can buy 1 get 2 free!!!!

on 1/12/2010 1:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am actually commenting on the snowman-shaped Mr. Butterball, which I got as part of this year's Lush holiday bath box.

I'm a fan of the sweet smell (ylang-ylang does it for me every single time), but more than that, the cocoa butter in this one made my skin so soft I couldn't believe it. Half of one might suffice (cocktailed with another bath bomb?) because this makes your skin so 'buttery'.

This bath bomb creates the most moisturizing bath. After you drop the bath bomb into your bath water, it melts and forms this layer of oil kind of thing on the surface of the water. The oil really moisturized my skin and made them super soft. This is definitely a must have for the winter months when my skin gets super dry. The scent is also very lovely.

Great product and I will definitely repurchase this over and over again! Check this product out!

on 1/10/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was my first LUSH bomb and to this day it's still my favorite! Butterball has a gorgeous scent that will fill your whole bathroom with loveliness! Ha! It creates a slightly creamy bath that is very moisturizing and just fab to soak in! I've purchased this over and over and over and will continue to do so. Its just so simple and perfect!

on 1/9/2010 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE the smell of this. If they made it into soap, hellz yeah I would buy it! It's a very light, musky vanilla scent.

But I was left disappointed with it. All it did was leave my water a murky white with a bunch of hard, floating chunks of cocoa or shea butter (forget which) that were a pain to clean up later.

Won't be repurchasing.

on 1/5/2010 9:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I recieved this bath product from my sister for Christmas! I tried the bomb tonight and loved it. I'm going next week to my local LUSH store and buying another. This is so nice, I don't even have to use body lotion after my bath!

Popular Bath Treatments