April 17, 2014 | 987 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2009 4:39:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulCanvas

I have sensitive skin that gets dry or inflame easily. Most cleanser I tried leaves my skin feeling “tight” afterward. So for the past couple years, I have been using Cetaphil most of the year. I don’t like that it contains SLS (sodium lauryl sulfate) but it is gentle enough that does not irritate my skin. However, if you wear makeup or heavy sunscreen, it won’t remove it. Most days, I don’t wear a full face makeup and still it does not feel like it does a good job of cleansing.

Then enter the Shiseido Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam. At first I hesitated to try because foam cleanser normally leaves my skin dry and tight. The foam from cleanser is from the SLS. However, this cleanser does not make a lot of foam (which is good). Instead when you add water and lather, it creates this luxurious creamy texture. It feels very nice and smooth while I massage this on my face. After I rinse, my skin is clean, without any dryness or tightness. Does a great job at removing makeup too.

For more review on the Shiseido Skincare line, such as the Shiseido Skincare Night Moisture Recharge. Check out this post from my blog:

http://beautifulcanvas.blogspot.com/2009/04/product-review-shiseido-skincare.html continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 3:17:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

At first I was not very sure about this product, but now it is my HG cleanser, and I learned a lesson that even with the same product, how you apply it really makes a huge difference!

I have dry and sensitive skin, and I have been seeking a gentle cleanser which will not tighten my skin yet give me a fresh feeling. But it is kinda hard to find one, because I feel there is a tradeoff between the cleansing power and mildness. I have been through a lot of products. Some of them cleanse well, but leave my skin tightend; the others just leave me wondering whether my skin was cleansed or not. When I first got this extra gentle cleansing foam and tried it, I was just not satisfied because I felt that it even did not fall in the two categories I have mentioned above: not mild enough, which tightened my face; yet not strong enough. So I thought it just sucked, and I put it at the back of my drawer and did not use it any more. It was until lately that I start to use it again because my previous cleanser ran out and I am not in the mood of picking another one. This time, I tried another way to apply it, and it just worked wonder. Previously I just lathered it with my palm, and I was not able to make the lather very rich. This time, I lathered it with a little applicator (it is just like a bath ball which you can use to lather your body wash, but a mini version), and I got plenty of fine lather with a tiny tiny amount of product. And I cleansed my face with the lather. I was amazed by the soft, comfortable and fresh feeling of it! It was just the feeling I have always been looking for. Now I just stick with this cleanser.

Well, about the price, I think it was a little bit pricy since I don't think it can remove very strong makeups (but it does remove sunscreen, foundation). But for a daily cleanser, I absolutely recommend it because it is worth the money and a tube lasts for ages. But please keep in mind to lather it very well before you apply it onto your face. It should be the lather rather than the paste-like product that you use to cleanse your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 9:10:00 PM More reviews by jaimeyusu

My HG cleanser at last :)

I tried a lot of cleansers, mostly ds products, everything from Neutrogena, Clearasil, Cetaphil, Olay, blablabla..
All the cleansers i tried were either too gentle-didn't remove makeup at all, skin broke out, or too harsh-crazy dry, flaky skin all irritated.

Until i met this cleanser, of course.
Although, like the other reviewers commented, this isn't "extra gentle" as it claims, for sure. But I have a sensitive skin(not severe,tho) with rosacea, crazy dryness and this cleanser is just wonderful for me.

I have combination, sensitive skin with rosacea, and is acne-prone. Light asian skin.
My cheeks/mouth area are super dry,
and when its bad, my skin is a little flaky all over.

I got this from a 3-step set (i think) that consists of this cleanser, a skin softner(wth?) and a moisturizer. all 3 products are just wonderful and is the most moisturizing thing i've ever tried.

This cleanser gives you the most....squeaky...feeling ever.
Its pleasant, and i was worried it was drying my skin(so the squeakiness)but it didnt.

It removes all traces of makeup(foundation, concealer, shimmers..)
And leaves your face 'squeaky' clean but also AMAZINGLY moisturized. its like.....magic. a cleanser that erases makeup AND moisturizes? wtf? but its possible.
My face usually turns dry&flaky RIGHT after I pat the water off my face, but after using this cleanser, I can walk around for 5 minutes without feeling any tightness at all.
Thats miracle. for me.

I recommend using this cleanser with other 'The skincare-moisturizing' line from shiseido... the white backround/red writing line i believe.

amazing, i'm in love.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2009 8:49:00 PM More reviews by hyperj00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This made my skin break out like crazy. If you aren't acne-prone, it might be a great cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by TropicalyFrozen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product so much!! I have sensitive skin that dries out really easy. Anything with a little bit of foam dries me out but at the same time if I use something that is made more for dry skin (excluding Cetaphil) it makes me break out. Honestly with my skin I don't have acne but I am prone to break out with the smaller pimples.

This product covers everything, my skin does not dry out at all, does not cause pimples, helps clear my skin up, removes makeup and removes my stubborn sunscreen.

I love how feels on my skin too, only use a little bit, I use a dime size amount. It foams really easy and it feels like your rubbing silk on your skin. There really is nothing I can say bad about this product besides the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by babypiglet

I have sensitive skin that gets dry easily. Almost every cleanser I used leaves my skin feeling “tight” afterward. So for the past couple years, I have been using Cetaphil…until I find something better, as Cetaphil does not remove makeup nor heavy sunblock in the summer months. My future sister in law gave me Shisedo gentle cleansing foam. At first I hesitated to try because foam cleanser normally leaves my skin dry and tight. However, this one remove make up and leave my skin well cleansed without any drying effect. It’s not very foamy, more smooth and creamy in texture actually. It does feel nice when you lather in on your face. $29 is expensive for a cleanser but if I have the money, I would definitely purchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Angelamakeup

So far so good. I am using this product along with Hydro-Nourishing Softener, Night Moisture Recharge, and Day Moisture protection. It seems to remove your makeup well without drying out your skin. I have combination skin that tends to be on the slightly drier side. The Night Moisture Recharge leaves my face a tad too "wet" feeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Burningacid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this cleansener, but it is not so gentle first of all and it is too gentle when it came to make up removing. Nice scent ( I really don`t know why they are all putting perfume in the face care products!!!). I have combo skin and I love foaming cleanseners, but why they make always my face tight? I guess, that there are no such thing like foam without tight feeling on the cheeks. But I will not repurchase this because it dose not do the job. It leaves a lot of my shimmer make up on the skin! I will use this only mornings.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by yeorib

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am on my 3rd tube for this. Previously I was using SK-II and although I love it, the price, I couldnt love.
Anyhow this is a great alternative. I have combo skin and after cleansing with Shu Uemura A/O oil, I use this to feel extra-cleansed. I have sensitive acne prone skin but this is not stripping. I also like the comforting smell which is the usual Japanese cosmetic fragrance, slightly rosey. The consistency is good too. I can get quite a lot of foam out of little. Will continue to use this unless SK-II put their price down = ]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A very gentle cleanser and it actually removes makeup!!! It felt great on my skin and washed off nicely. My skin did feel a little dry after wards.