December 19, 2014 | 1486 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of the best foundations out there. Excellent coverage, not heavy, not caky and very buildable. Even though it supposed to be semi-matte finish, on my oily-combo skin it is still quite glossy, so I definitely have to finish it with powder. The pump makes it easy to use and sanitary. The color option is not great though. However, if you can find your color, I'd say give it a try. Will purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 4:27:00 PM More reviews by Snapples

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have an ongoing love/hate relationship with Pro Lumiere! Sometimes, (especially just after application) It looks great. However, give it a few hours, actually sometimes like half an hour and things start to go downhill.. Most of the time, after like an hour, my makeup starts to go weird, and I have to blend again with my beauty blender. I wear the Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre with this, and it seems to help somewhat. I use the Limpide shade (the lightest) and it is the best match for me, but it isn't perfect. It's strange because sometimes it leaves me looking pale, other times too tan! I reall would not recommend this product for oily skin. I have fairly oily skin and have to do a lot of touch ups. I tried the Matt Lumiere however and I did find it to be really too matt on me. The Pro Lumiere gives a dewy finish but it doesn't last too long. However, yesterday I was in a store (not a beauty store, a phone store actually) and the women who was helping me out said that she loved my foundation. I was really shocked lol! She said it made me look like like a doll (and she assured me she meant this as a compliment lol) So I'd probably buy Pro Lumiere again (I'm on my 3rd bottle as it is..) But it isn't my HG foundation - I haven't found that yet!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2010 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Bambi03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love to try different foundations and I must say this is one of my favorites,
It has a professional finish and medium to full coverage. It has silicones on the ingredients that helps the foundation to blend in and look flawless!
love it love it love it!! I wouldn't recommend this for someone with really oily skin as it can get a bit shiny on the t-zone x

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2010 1:24:00 AM More reviews by kimdao90

I bought this product when I read some good reviews on it. I wanted a full coverage foundation that wouldn't make me break out. When applying this foundation, my face looks incredibly shiny, I have to set it with a matte powder to reduce the shine. The coverage is good, it covers up imperfections but it doesn't last very long. I often have to touch up about 2-3 times a day. It cost me around $86AUD for this product, I don't think I will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by RocketQueen88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used to wear this product all of the time as it has excellent coverage and a nice semi-matte finish, however now I really canit get away with it, as it slides off halfway through the day and it always looks really greasy on me, especially round my t-zone. So for that reason I have had to switch foundations, I am now using mac studio sculpt, which has a full coverage and a nicer lasting finish, which dousnt make me look all shiney, even though i have oily skin in some areas!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love Chanel! But this was streaky so I had to use powder over it to cover up the streaks. I have dry skin so I prefer not to use powder - for that very reason, I prefer Vita Lumiere way more! I get so many complements when I use Vita Lumiere because it's glowy & gives enough coverage while still looking super natural! I ended up giving the Pro Lumiere away to my best friend. Mind you, if you don't suffer from super dry skin you may actually like Pro lumiere =) I may give it another try for special occasions when I actually use powder to set my foundation but I don't think I'd use it for every day!
*UPDATE: I heard this is going to be dis-continued this year & Chanel is coming out with a new foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 9:29:00 PM More reviews by jasminesnow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this after hearing a good recommendation by someone I class as having beautiful makeup so I wanted to go get me some of that! I am always prepared to pay that tenner extra for something that might just be what I've been looking for. It goes on very nicely and feels nice on the skin, and gives a fair coverage and nice dewy finish. I'm just wondering whether I should have purchased the mat lumiere as I have oily skin although sometimes this can actually look a bit matte on my imperfections. I would buy this again and maybe try another Chanel liquid foundation as it is in the top 3 ones I have found for my troublesome face. Easy to pump out of the bottle too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Kept watching the sisters on pixiwoo use this and thought - these gals got it going on and so .... I forked out the almost $60.00 to buy a bottle. I spent a lot of time with the SA finding the right color for me, etc....then I got it home and was so underwhelmed! The foundation was too oily in its consistency and even with HD loose powder over it did not last through the day. I expected it to provide some good coverage while helping my skin look a little more dewy than the typical foundation. It did not do that. I have actually been trying to use it up by combining it with my matte MUFE foundation - that seems to help it. Overall though - way too much money for a less than average product. Showing once again that just because something is a "Chanel" or "Dior" does not mean it is better. Get a sample and use this for at least a week to see if it is all right for YOU!! It was NOT for me and $60 is a lot of money for something you're not happy with.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by luvbug753

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't mind spending money for a good product but this foundation is just average. For me it was below average. I am about an NC 25 to 30 in the spring/summer months and the lightest color in this foundation still turned orange on me. This foundation made me look very dull and didn't last at all. I have normal skin with very minimal breakouts but still like coverage. This foundation just felt heavy on my face and never really set. Back to my EL double wear.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having had absolutely horrible misfortunes with liquid foundation for the past two years+, I think that I've finally latched on to something special with Pro Lumiere. I have this in 10-Limpide-Nude, Intensity 0.5. To begin with, in the bottle, it looked far too dark for me -I'm a PPP complexion. On my skin, this disappeared. I'm a clinical student, so when I do dare wear foundation, it had better be flawless and undetectable!. Not forgetting wearing well. I love my TMs, but they were too sloppy and not polished enough for everyday wear. In addition, now that I'm 37, I wanted foundation with some serious performance value. I don't have a really misbehaving skin, but I like to try and be pro-active about damage prevention. Chanel touts this as offering a professional semi matte finish-which this product does. I don't find myself looking nor feeling anywhere near as shiny nor oily by halfway through my day's wear. I'm a bit puzzled by two characteristics of this foundation, though. Firstly, the fragrance-floral, and it lingers!. Secondly, the fact that this dries so fast, and you have to blend it so quickly. However, I will persist, and update after a longer wearing application. I'd likely purchase again, if I could afford it.