MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

on 2/27/2009 8:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

This foundation is for days when you need full coverage. It hides flaws but is thick. It feels heavy on skin and can be hard to blend. I warm it on the back of my hand first to make application easier. I think it is too heavy for daily use but is good when your skin isn't looking it's best; it looks good in photographs. I wouldn't buy again on the basis of it being too heavy on my skin, it feels like my skin cannot breathe. It made me break out on a few occasions too.

on 2/25/2009 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I kinda like this foundation!It's really heavy, and i can feel the heaviness on my face when i apply this. The coverage is really heavy, and long-lasting. However, i can feel like, oiliness on my face after awhile. But i like using this as a concealer. It works wonder as a concealer for my acne-prone skin, and on my acne scars!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This really does provide a full coverage. But I have purchased a shade too light but I certainly rate it as an undereye and spot concealer.
This is a great foundation if onyl I did choose the right sahde(one darker would have been perfect). I have light skin with yellow tones but this is for pale skintones. This is perfect for superlight skins.
The colour in the pot is yellow but looks darker (nc20). This is a lightr NC20 than the other foundations in this shade.
But it does provide a heaveircoverage as it is creamier and thicker however it is soo blendable and moisturising without feeling greasy.
This foundation has the texture of a creamy concealer and it has a great coverage without looking like you are wearing makeup ( providing you get the shade right).
I think this is suitable for all skin types, though oiler skins may need to top up with a transparent powder as a coloured powder with make it turn orange.
This product really is amazing as it does cover flaws and provide a glow to the skin. It does not run, cake or crack. It is truly amazing. As it does provide coverage it will allow you to paint in the areas of concern and genrally as it is heaveir coverage I suggest you blend it al over your skin and add a touch of blusher to warm your cheeks and maybe added bronzer on the nose, chin and foregead to keep a warm flush. This does give the appearance of baby skin. I prefer to use a face sponge to press all over the skin and my finers on the spots and then I use a translucent powder all over to ensure it stays on for a few hours.
It looks divine and NC20 is pale yellow and looks enthereal and angelic nd youthful on my skin. I have had many compliments with this...but lets face it I need a shade down. But I lovethis product and will contniue to use it anyway.

on 2/3/2009 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has great coverage however feels sticky and you know you have something oily heavy on your face. It doesn't last long with oily skin. This makes me look and feel heavly made up, looks ok for going out at night but in the daylight you can definitely see you have heavy makeup on. Thing is as I said this covers well, and be care ful when you take photos it makes me look so white and like a ghost.

I have the studio fix powder in C40, which is a perfect match and CANNOT find the correct liquid foundation in my color...the NC's just don't look right on me. So I saw that they had this in C40 and went to the store and the sales lady looked at my skin and said you don't need that, its too much coverage for you. So I didn't buy it then, but went back and bought it. I wet a sponge first until its damp and then apply the product with the damp sponge and it goes on quite naturally and also covers up almost anything!! I love this stuff!!!!! I don't look caked on at all with this... so if you apply this correctly it won't be too heavy for you!!

I really didn't like this product. First, it made me break out. The week I started using it, my face broke out. I tried it again about a month ago and had the same results. I have oily skin and this looked cakey an hour after I put it on. I didn't think it gave good coverage either. I now use Bare Esentials and love it. The only plus to this is it is nicely packages and has a mirror

on 11/4/2008 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Another MAC foundation that I absolutely love! However, a word of warning! If you let the SA at the MAC counter apply this on you, I could almost guarantee that you won't like it. Sorry to be so adamant about this point but when I went in and was curious about this foundation, the SA took out her brush and literally painted this on my face whilst emphasising how thick the foundation is and how it's only for people that want to cover up a lot of skin problems etc. I looked at myself and yes, I did look like I was wearing a wall of grease on my face! I thought to myself, wow she really must not want me to purchase this product. I was put off and didn't buy.

A few weeks later I was at the MAC counter again and tried another foundation. Sure enough, the SA (not the same one) applied the foundation so thick that I was cringing. Why do they do that? Are they trained to apply the foundation so thick just in case the customer doesn't get the point?!

A makeup artist friend of mine uses full coverage foundation in her kit and I have never seen any of her clients look like they were covered in grease. As a makeup artist myself, I decided to give this foundation another go and see if I could make it work. I went back, purchased it and instead of applying it with a makeup brush, I applied it with a sponge. In regards to my face routine with this foundation, first I apply MAC Prep + Prime on my face (you need to apply something first because otherwise this foundation is hard to blend and can kind of drag on the skin). I then take a little of the full coverage foundation onto my sponge and use a stippling motion to apply this on my face. Finally I blend the foundation well and apply some translucent powder to set it. The results look great!!! I found that the first time I wore it and as the day wore on the foundation still looked great but was a little oily on my t-zone (but all foundations are like that on my face whether they be matte or creamy). I just blotted with a little bit of loose powder which I carry in a compact. But the face looked flawless (without looking fake) and it didn't collect in different areas of my face. Whilst I still love my MAC Face & Body Foundation, I will be purchasing a few colours of this foundation for my kit! This is great for photographic work because the foundation sits on top of the skin but doesn’t look like it’s floating on top and gives such a nice finish to the face. And applying it with a wet sponge gives a sheer application which is really nice too. The colour range in this is great: It has NC, NW, and C & N.

on 10/22/2008 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

its so thick that its hard to apply.............it makes me look pale even if i get a shade darker and its looks so cakey

on 10/21/2008 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've always wanted a foundation that gave good coverage. I have Studio Fix Fluid and it's my HG. However, I wanted to try this one because this is used for professional photography. I needed something like this. I remember going to a MAC store and the guy told me that it was going to be too heavy on my face. I told him that I wanted to try it and to match me. Well let's just say that I didn't have a good experience. LOL
Ok so now almost a year later and I finally went on line and ask in the live chat what shade would I be in this foundation since I'm an NC40-42 in SFF. The woman told me C40. So I went to the store and bought it. I tried it on and it matched nicely. I used a foundation brush (which I don't like anymore since discovering the skunk brush) to work my way through. I gotta say that it worked out nicely then I buffed it out with the skunk brush and it looked natural and didn't feel heavy at all. I guess some might find it heavy because everybody has their own way of applying foundation. I like it because upon application it covers all the redness and acne spots.
The only down side is that it's a bit pricey so I took one lippie off. I think that's about it since this pot looks like it'll last me a long time since a little bit goes a long way. I'll apply more on needed areas and a bit of blush, loose powder and I'm good to go. This last all day and I don't get oily at all maybe it might look dewy but I just apply a bit of powder and it does the trick.
Too bad that this is only going to be sold in the pro store. I might get another one but I'm not sure. I also haven't really experience breakouts yet so let's see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will update if it does.

on 10/11/2008 12:31:00 PM

I have read reviews on this product, and wanted to try it. I have used MAC Studio Fix Liquid (too thick), Studio Tech (love, but my skin is getting dry bc of the colder weather - and this enhances flakies), and Moistureblend (loved the way it made my skin feel, but made me look shiny and came off within an hour). So I decided to get a sample of Full Coverage.

I have an oily T-zone with dryness around my cheeks, so I have to be very careful what kind of foundation to use...can't be too drying, or to moisturizing. I hate thick foundations, but am stuck to them because I have redness in the T-zone that is very hard to cover. Studio Tech did a good job at keeping my skin balanced, but it just doesn't provide enough coverage to really get rid of the redness.

The first time I used this, I didn't like it at all. I broke out, got oily, and my face looked like a complete mess! Plus when I was in the sun, I felt like my skin couldn't breathe! So I continued using it just as a concealer.

This week I figured i'd give this another try. I use MAC Oil Control Lotion (not really "oil control", but its a good moisturizer/primer and doesnt "add" oilies) and then apply just a tiny tiny amount of Full Coverage with my FINGERS. I apply to the red areas first, and then work outward. I use blot powder, and Mineral Skinfinish on top. I haven't had any real problems with breakouts, so it may have been a different product breaking me out. Once in a while I will get slightly oily toward the end of the night, but I just retouch with blot powder. I'm still hestitant about buying it, because it seems like everytime I actually purchase something it starts not working for me...and I end up having to take it back.

I've had this sample for about 3 weeks, and I still have ALOT left. I think i'm going to continue to use my sample until I feel that this will definetly work for me, then purchase. I will update later to let you all know how it turns out...

***UPDATE: After using it for a week with no problems except getting shiny, I started to break out terribly again the past couple days. My skin is now super oily, and I have really bad cystic acne on my chin and nose. I will have to stop using this product to let my face clear up. This is too bad, I really wanted this to work for me, but the oil in this foundation is just clogging up my pores like crazy. I really wish MAC would make Studio Tech as a full coverage foundation....it would solve all my problems.

Popular Crème Foundations