November 24, 2014 | 1911 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ocfashionlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't like this product. First, it made me break out. The week I started using it, my face broke out. I tried it again about a month ago and had the same results. I have oily skin and this looked cakey an hour after I put it on. I didn't think it gave good coverage either. I now use Bare Esentials and love it. The only plus to this is it is nicely packages and has a mirror

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 12:56:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Another MAC foundation that I absolutely love! However, a word of warning! If you let the SA at the MAC counter apply this on you, I could almost guarantee that you won't like it. Sorry to be so adamant about this point but when I went in and was curious about this foundation, the SA took out her brush and literally painted this on my face whilst emphasising how thick the foundation is and how it's only for people that want to cover up a lot of skin problems etc. I looked at myself and yes, I did look like I was wearing a wall of grease on my face! I thought to myself, wow she really must not want me to purchase this product. I was put off and didn't buy.

A few weeks later I was at the MAC counter again and tried another foundation. Sure enough, the SA (not the same one) applied the foundation so thick that I was cringing. Why do they do that? Are they trained to apply the foundation so thick just in case the customer doesn't get the point?!

A makeup artist friend of mine uses full coverage foundation in her kit and I have never seen any of her clients look like they were covered in grease. As a makeup artist myself, I decided to give this foundation another go and see if I could make it work. I went back, purchased it and instead of applying it with a makeup brush, I applied it with a sponge. In regards to my face routine with this foundation, first I apply MAC Prep + Prime on my face (you need to apply something first because otherwise this foundation is hard to blend and can kind of drag on the skin). I then take a little of the full coverage foundation onto my sponge and use a stippling motion to apply this on my face. Finally I blend the foundation well and apply some translucent powder to set it. The results look great!!! I found that the first time I wore it and as the day wore on the foundation still looked great but was a little oily on my t-zone (but all foundations are like that on my face whether they be matte or creamy). I just blotted with a little bit of loose powder which I carry in a compact. But the face looked flawless (without looking fake) and it didn't collect in different areas of my face. Whilst I still love my MAC Face & Body Foundation, I will be purchasing a few colours of this foundation for my kit! This is great for photographic work because the foundation sits on top of the skin but doesn’t look like it’s floating on top and gives such a nice finish to the face. And applying it with a wet sponge gives a sheer application which is really nice too. The colour range in this is great: It has NC, NW, and C & N.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2008 4:23:00 PM More reviews by jod84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

its so thick that its hard to apply.............it makes me look pale even if i get a shade darker and its looks so cakey

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Ginnybaby2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always wanted a foundation that gave good coverage. I have Studio Fix Fluid and it's my HG. However, I wanted to try this one because this is used for professional photography. I needed something like this. I remember going to a MAC store and the guy told me that it was going to be too heavy on my face. I told him that I wanted to try it and to match me. Well let's just say that I didn't have a good experience. LOL
Ok so now almost a year later and I finally went on line and ask in the live chat what shade would I be in this foundation since I'm an NC40-42 in SFF. The woman told me C40. So I went to the store and bought it. I tried it on and it matched nicely. I used a foundation brush (which I don't like anymore since discovering the skunk brush) to work my way through. I gotta say that it worked out nicely then I buffed it out with the skunk brush and it looked natural and didn't feel heavy at all. I guess some might find it heavy because everybody has their own way of applying foundation. I like it because upon application it covers all the redness and acne spots.
The only down side is that it's a bit pricey so I took one lippie off. I think that's about it since this pot looks like it'll last me a long time since a little bit goes a long way. I'll apply more on needed areas and a bit of blush, loose powder and I'm good to go. This last all day and I don't get oily at all maybe it might look dewy but I just apply a bit of powder and it does the trick.
Too bad that this is only going to be sold in the pro store. I might get another one but I'm not sure. I also haven't really experience breakouts yet so let's see. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Will update if it does.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2008 12:31:00 PM More reviews by cortneyrozell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have read reviews on this product, and wanted to try it. I have used MAC Studio Fix Liquid (too thick), Studio Tech (love, but my skin is getting dry bc of the colder weather - and this enhances flakies), and Moistureblend (loved the way it made my skin feel, but made me look shiny and came off within an hour). So I decided to get a sample of Full Coverage.

I have an oily T-zone with dryness around my cheeks, so I have to be very careful what kind of foundation to use...can't be too drying, or to moisturizing. I hate thick foundations, but am stuck to them because I have redness in the T-zone that is very hard to cover. Studio Tech did a good job at keeping my skin balanced, but it just doesn't provide enough coverage to really get rid of the redness.

The first time I used this, I didn't like it at all. I broke out, got oily, and my face looked like a complete mess! Plus when I was in the sun, I felt like my skin couldn't breathe! So I continued using it just as a concealer.

This week I figured i'd give this another try. I use MAC Oil Control Lotion (not really "oil control", but its a good moisturizer/primer and doesnt "add" oilies) and then apply just a tiny tiny amount of Full Coverage with my FINGERS. I apply to the red areas first, and then work outward. I use blot powder, and Mineral Skinfinish on top. I haven't had any real problems with breakouts, so it may have been a different product breaking me out. Once in a while I will get slightly oily toward the end of the night, but I just retouch with blot powder. I'm still hestitant about buying it, because it seems like everytime I actually purchase something it starts not working for me...and I end up having to take it back.

I've had this sample for about 3 weeks, and I still have ALOT left. I think i'm going to continue to use my sample until I feel that this will definetly work for me, then purchase. I will update later to let you all know how it turns out...

***UPDATE: After using it for a week with no problems except getting shiny, I started to break out terribly again the past couple days. My skin is now super oily, and I have really bad cystic acne on my chin and nose. I will have to stop using this product to let my face clear up. This is too bad, I really wanted this to work for me, but the oil in this foundation is just clogging up my pores like crazy. I really wish MAC would make Studio Tech as a full coverage foundation....it would solve all my problems.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 2:07:00 PM More reviews by treecatd

One of the main problems with fair skin is to find a foundation that is fair enough w/o being too pink and blendable enough not to pool in pores to give a black-head reverse look- pores filled with very light foundation. Now we have tons of super modern designed foundations that look very skinlike and have great other features like airbrush formulas,silocne .....but when used w/o a primer all this fails as foundations for light skin always end up looking bad due to the reverse-pore look. This foundation is a classic cream foundation ,nothing fancy- it's very affortable considering how much you get and how little you need. it leaves skin looking fantastic with lovely sheen that can be easily adjusted to a matte finish by simply applying powder and it gives a very generous amount of time before it sets, making is foolproof. This photographs perfectly and if you are just starting out as a MUA and try saving some cash and get this in several neutral shades. it's easy to mix and really works with every skintype. For those who want to use this as a concealer: this can be used as a concealer but imo it's not worth paying 30$ for a lifetime supply of concealer just to realize products have a shelf-life and especially this product since it is a very open container & a cream- throw it out after 12-18 months (THIS is bacteria central,if you don't plan on removing a small amount with a spatula each time!!!) .
I personally hate foundation and i haven't found a foundation that improves my looks in anyway- but when i need a little cover i would pick this over anything else. Especially, since i can have oily skin with occasional peeling- this doesn't dry out my skin and doesn't really contribute to the oilies. let's say it provides a nice amount of pigment to my face w/o obvious foundation look and looks just like nice healthy skin and since you only need a tiny bit-it feels soooo much lighter on skin that other products (eww-to studio fix fluid & co). I just tried tarte's smooth operator,that everybody here seem to love and sorry, it was way too heavy and cakey...no matter how little i applied( and from all the blending attempts my skin started peeling-eww! lol) Another plus point is that this never seperates - not in the container nor on the skin. that's something else i really dislike about foundation ...it seems that a lot of foundations seem to seperate on the skin and require many touch ups troughout the day- not this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2008 3:00:00 PM More reviews by ssshogun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't comment on this as an overall face foundation. I'm using it as a concealer for a few spots of hypopigmentation on my face. No foundation or concealer I tried would reduce it's obviousness because the trick was I needed to use a really dark foundation on those spots, NC 40. I like the fact that MAC has a wide color range, and I think this is better and cheaper than Color FX. Like everyone is saying, use a brush not a sponge.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Naadia

Wot can i say?! This product is amaaaazzzinnggg!! I love it! It's a thick foundation that covers absolutly anything and does not make it look cakey!! I have acne and usually some foundations tend to make my skin look flakey and oily n just generally quite bad!! But this one stays put, covers everything and makes my skin look naturally quite nice!! I admit i did feel this pain in my chest when paying for this product but since then i have no regrets! You put so little on that this product is actually worth all the money you paid since it'll last so long!!! The packaging could be better, i think a mirror would be nice but all in all a very good product and i will be buying this FOR YEAAARRSSS TO COME!! (unless they discontinue it then im buggered!!!)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by silvrynyte

so this is my first review here, even though i've been lurking for quite some time now. after working in the cosmetic industry and as a makeup artist for several years, i've tried a lot of products and this is one of my favorites.

the consistency is very thick; you absolutely must "warm" the product up with your foundation brush until it is more of a liquid. if you do that, it's hard to make the foundation look cakey. i am a male, and prefer a full coverage, but i'd like to think that people can't even tell that i'm wearing this. if it's going on cakey, chances are you haven't warmed it up enough or are applying too much.

if after you've warmed it up you're not getting enough coverage, go back over the area and stipple (pat and blend) the foundation to build the texture that you want. layers are always better than one big gloopy mess!
also, i'd recommend a good moisturizer and a primer to help prevent the flakies. i've found that pulling too hard with the brush (didn't warm it up enough) will also cause those.

full coverage foundation does have jojoba seed oil in it, so if you tend to get shiny, set it with a loose powder by pressing the powder onto the more oily areas, wait a minute, and dust away any excess. (in cosmetics "oil free" means that there is no mineral oil in the product.)

as for application, i use either the 190 or 191 brush, warm it up, then apply all over, stippling in areas that need/want more coverage. afterwards i take the 182 brush and buff it out to make everything smoother. i then mist it with fix+, let that absorb, and set with blot powder/loose in medium because i get rather oily. i use C25, which looks quite yellow, but it warms up to my skintone quite nicely.

sorry, i know i rambled quite a bit, but i wanted to address some of the issues/concerns people are having with this foundationt. hope i helped! if not used the right way it can certainly look a mess.

72 out of 73 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Nixe

This is by far the best foundation I've ever used. Because it's so pigmented, I can get a really nice, even skin tone while hardly having any gunk on my face. The trick is to use a kabuki brush for the majority of the face just to even it out - this makes it very buildable and leaves no texture. Then, if there are dark marks to cover, I stipple it on with a fingertip. It's the quickest makeup I've ever used because it goes on so flawlessly, and I don't have to futz with it for an hour to get it to go on right. I have very pale skin and a lot of redness to cover, so it's very hard to find a makeup that really covers *and* looks truly natural. This stuff is just fabulous, and I've never found anything else like it.