September 23, 2014 | 1895 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ruthma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Made me look extremely shiny, broke me out (and I was having great skin lately), and when I put it on the first times made my face sting and hurt.... It just didnīt work for me.... so disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by ComplexCorrigan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin that is acne prone. I was sick of all the greasy sunscreens. Ocean Potion was the best I'd ever used until this one. I really like the way this stays matte. I have very pale skin so the whiteness of the product doesn't bother me but I could see it being a problem for some people. I love the way this sunscreen makes my skin look plump, hydrated, smooth and glowy but with no oilyness. I find that if I'm going out at night I'll use just a bit of this as a primer under my makeup so that everything stays smooth. I had been using Retin A and this SPF didn't even sting even though it's a chemical-based ss (not even around my eyes!). For people who are having problems with it pilling up, you could try working a small amount into the skin and then add a bit more as you go, working from one section of the face to the other because it *does* set/dry fast. You really gotta work it into the skin quickly. This sunscreen leaves my skin looking and feeling SO soft... and it protects my skin from the sun! I don't know if this is my HG sunscreen but it's a really nice product for me at this point (I've used it a year).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If I'd kept my receipt & packaging, I would have returned this. It is pretty bad--it literally gives you face dandruff. I only wear translucent loose powder over
sunblock, and when I put powder over this I get covered in what appears to be lint. It is especially bad around eyebrows and along the hairline. I had high hopes for
this one, because even oil-free sunblocks are greasy-looking. I'll keep this tube, since I bought it, but I'll just use it on my hands/body & buy something else for my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by greenapples365

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Last summer when I was looking for a sunscreen that I wouldn't break out from OR make my face shiny, someone recommended this to me, and I've been using it ever since. It absorbs quickly, I don't get the oily/shiny face (or hands from application) I did from every other sunscreen I've tried and I didn't have any irritations from it either. As a bonus to all that, the smell isn't that strong and fades away quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2009 2:42:00 PM More reviews by krsn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm quite disappointed by this product, and I'm kicking myself for not reading the reviews on this. It seems that Neutrogena products are a hit or miss - unfortunately, my experience with this sunscreen was the latter.

For reference: I have combination skin - meaning that it is an oil slick on my t-zone/some parts of my cheeks and that it is dry as a desert (ie. flaking) on the rest of my cheeks and top/sides of my forehead

PROS:
- Cost effective. I got this for around $9 CDN @ Wal-Mart, and it contains 88 ml, which is a lot of product for the price (if you're using this strictly on your face).
- Photostable! (as noted by the Helioplex marking on the front)
- Fabulous sanitary tube packaging! The cap is on the bottom so it's always easy to dispense.
- Does not cause any stinging or irritation for ME.
- My package said "light, fresh scent." Very light scent indeed (kind of sunscreen-y, but it fades quickly).

CONS:
- Definitely was NOT "Ultra Sheer" or "Dry Touch" or any of that jazz: made my face incredibly sticky and shiny. I guess this is supposed to dry matte or something but I left it on for 3 (!) hours and it looked the exact same.
- Thick. This was quite difficult to spread the recommended 1/4 tsp. I had to do it in a bunch of layers (I always layer, but I had to do more with this one) which caused another problem...
- Balling! This "balled" up like crazy when I was layering it and then these little snot-textured pieces would peel off.
- Streaky and whitening. I thought I applied this well but then I went in my bathroom and noticed white streaky patches EVERYWHERE despite my best efforts.
- Not good with makeup. I tried powdering over this to no avail.

In conclusion:
May be nice on the body but definitely not for my face. The search for an affordable, stable but cosmetically elegant sunscreen goes on... *sigh*

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Janay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG facial sunscreen. I've been wearing it throughout the summer for outdoor activities which have me in the sun for several hours and have not developed any noticeable color. My face, which is prone to breakouts, has not broken out any more than usual. I like that it is practically fragrance-free and works well underneath my makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Ilovenature2

I never thought that I would find a sunscreen for my face that doesn't cause my to break out or my skin to become irritated. I LOVE THIS!
It doesn't have an oily finish like a lot of other sunscreens and weirdly it calms my skin down, like soon as I apply it my redness is reduced and even my pimples don't look angry or anything, I recommend this.
I'm also VERY ACNE PRONE!
You also get quite a lot of product which is a good bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by annalea

Okay! So I have extremely pale skin and last summer I was working outdoors which created a huge problem for me, because I don't tan, I just burn. I decided to invest in a "more expensive" sunblock (compared to the banana boat I previously used), because my skin is VERY sensitive and will break out if I'm not careful.
I bought this sunscreen for my body and I LOVED IT! As far as cream sunblocks go this one is the best I have ever used. It ended up working so good on my body that I was able to use it as a facial moisturizer for the summer instead of my regular moisturizer! I love that it comes in such high strength's because I need a lot of protection! I also didn't find that I had to keep re-applying to be protected.
I now use a different sunblock for my body because I find the spray sunblocks are a lot more convenient (personally, i prefer aveno's spray sunblock), but I still use this for my face All summer long and it has never caused a break out or a dry patch! (i have mostly oily skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely, the best sunblock I have used.
It does not : smell / sting / glob / create shine / or slide off.
It works, and has become one of my all time favourites.

I have very dry skin and cannot tolerate some blocks as they are irritating.
I am a makeup gypsy - I am not loyal to many products -but this is as close to perfect as possible.
My skin care doctor uses it, as well.

THIS IS NOT A MOISTURIZER. USE OVER YOUR MOISTURIZER...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by littlemissorangepenguin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! It's one of the few sunscreens that I'm not allergic to and it doesn't have that terrible sunscreen smell. It dries pretty quick so I'm not left with a layer of sunscreen on my hands after which I adore. The only downside is that it's a bit pricey. But I will definately repurchase.