BeneFit Cosmetics Dallas

4.3

Talc, Mica, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Magnesium Myristate, Dimethicone, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Zinc Stearate, Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Boron Nitride, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycine Soya (Soybean) Oil, Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Tocopherol, BHT, Retinyl Palmitate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Limonene, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Eugenol.

on 1/22/2012 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Beautiful plummy-mauve color. I also own Benefit Hoola, and I find myself reaching for Dallas more (as a bronzer). I prefer pinky blushes, so I prefer to use this as a bronzer. On my fair skin it is not overpowering and I don't look orangey or overly tan, just healthy. I really like it. For the summer I switch to Benefit Hoola when I have a little more color in my face, but for winter I prefer Dallas. I wouldn't repurchase since I'm a product junkie and always have to try something new!
EDIT:
Now that it's almost summer and I don't look deathly pale I've switched to NARS Laguna for a Bronzer. I think Dallas worked better when I was so pale that any other bronzer looked unnatural. But now it is sitting sadly alone and unused : /

on 1/15/2012 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

My mom brought me beauty goodies from her trip to Harvey Nichols abroad. Out of all the make up she bought for me, I cared less about this one and never thought I'd be writing a great review of this exact product. Now, let me tell you that a couple of years ago, BeneFit is my go-to brand for all things cosmetics. They could never go wrong with me -until I first saw the lackluster color of this blush. I didn't intend to use it but one night I couldn't find my Nars orgasm so I tried this. Lo, this shade is amazing on my cheeks! I'm not a fan of bronzers or heavy blushes since I typically emphasize my eyes and/or lips whenever I wear make up but I'm not faking it when I say I heart this blush. It's been a year since and still have it. It lasts forever, but you will not get bored with it. I don't buy other blushes anymore and I carry it with me all the time! It works for me no matter where in the world I am. Don't let the pan color turn you off, dig in ladies! x

on 12/22/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This came in a trio with Dandelion and Coralista so I didn't purchase it seperately. My skin definitely has warm undertones so I'm wondering if that's why it's not working for me. Every time I try to apply it, it looks off and gross and definitely not flattering.

on 12/9/2011 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am extremely fair and very definitely cool toned. I don't naturally tan. Therefore, most bronzers look extremely unnatural on me. When I "get sun", my skin doesn't bronze, it turns bright lobster red, and then eventually settles into a rosy flush. If I want to achieve a "been in the sun look", this and Tarte's "Exposed", (which is actually a blush), are the only bronzers that look natural. "Dallas', is a muted mauvey/rose with a bit of sheen. I dust it along my temples, cheekbones and the bridge of my nose, and it brightens my visage naturally. It is a great product. It would earn a perfect five for me if not for the awful, square cardboard box. It really irritates me to plunk down $28 for a product that looks dilapidated after a week of use. But, the results always have me going back for more.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have used this blush as a blush/bronzer all year round for the past 5 years. I recently used mine all up. It takes forever to use up!

Like other reviewers have said, it appears on the face as a more plummy toned brown, so no fake orange color!! It warms up my whole face.

I dust lightly all over my face, or apply as a blush, or even as bronzer to contour. I have medium toned skin with yellow undertones. I get lots of compliments when I wear this.

I will definitely repurchase.

I love how cute the packaging is, and it is a sturdy cardboard--mine still looked really great after 5 years but I don't carry it in my purse. The brush that comes inside is scratchy.

on 9/25/2011 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Works so good on my Indian skin, really lovely colour! Not too happy about the packaging or the brush. And I have to be careful how much I apply otherwise it looks far too pinky.
When applied softly though it is my favourite blusher. Looks shimmery and youthful. Beautiful product, just wish it came in a more hard-wearing box!

on 9/22/2011 1:18:00 PM

Love love love this product!! Sad sad sad about the packaging!!! If it gets wet, it's done for and I do not see the cardboard packaging lasting me more than one year.

This is the most beautiful color ever!! Not a blush but not a bronzer... I has a dark mauve-y pink/brown hint to it that is just perfect!! Sometimes I still use a pinky colored blush when using this product, sometimes I am so happy with the color of just Dallas... it all depends on how I feel!! :)

I love the really light and tiny glimmer/glow/SHEEN the powder has and it wears so well on the skin. I can hardly notice the sheen it has which I find to be just perfect. I also purchased the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed and they are SOOOO similar it almost killed me when I received them in the mail (both ordered from Ulta with TONNNNS of free huge samples!!)... but luckily after closer examination, I am happy to report that they are very different. I find the Tarte one is more of a blushy color with more mauve than bronzer/tan color and is completely MATTE, whereas Dallas has a sheen and is both tan/bronzer like with a mauve color. If I HAD to choose one or the other, I'd choose Dallas for sure!!!

Just wish it wasn't so damn expensive!!

on 9/21/2011 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like others have already said, this is like bronzer and blush in one. On my lt-med Asian skin w/yellow undertones, shows up as a pretty tawny bronze color when applied lightly and more rose/plum/bronze when applied heavier. Since it's so pigmented, I have to make sure I don't over do it. FYI-It looks FABULOUS on my two cousins who have med-dk asian skin tones.

on 9/19/2011 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't really like cardboard packaging or the brush that comes with it. Even though I don't like these things, I think the packaging is cute and okay. The blush itself is great - It would never work on my skin as a bronzer, however I love it as a blush, it is a beautiful dusty/dark rosey plum-ish colour and it looks beautiful on.

on 8/27/2011 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I do love this, it's fantastic, sooo rich in colour! hence I am telling you to use it lightly and build up! It's a beautiful dusky-rose colour and has a fantastic texture, it's a fab price and the only reason i wouldn't buy it again is because I won't need too! (it has lasted me ages!!!)
I highly reccommend this to everyone, use it as a blusher and contouring product <3

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products