November 21, 2014 | 2059 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dallas

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I decided to try out the benefit blushes because they kept getting rave reviews, well this was so awful on me, I'm really glad I could return it. I don't know what it is, but it seems all benefit products, seem to be nothing but complete fail when I or anyone else uses them on me.

Dallas was no exception to this rule, I have tried many brown tone blushes with much success, but this looked like a bronzer gone wrong on my skin, it was heavily orange and just looked bad. To top off my displeasure when I went to exchange it for another benefit blush the sales woman insisted on trying it on me again and lied to my face about how it didn't look orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dallas is a dark rose colour that has slight shimmer to it. I'm only 20 so i tend to look for a peachy or pink colour. When i put this on under the cheek bones or on the apples of my cheeks, it doesnt look vibrant or happy at all. It makes me look 'mature', i think this blush is for older women or those who want a 'pulled together' look. Texture is very smooth and fine, no chunky glitters. $28 for 12g is very good value, i usually buy japanese blushes worth $18 for 4g.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by strawberrycupcake123

II usually stay away from bronzers as well and to be honest, i had planned to try (and if i liked, collect) all of benefits box o powders not including Hoola and Dallas. The a few weeks ago, my sister bought Dallas and lo and behold, it was PERFECT. When you look at the pan colour, its quite off putting. It just looks like a colour that would suit nobody. I thought they were joking when they said it was a blush/bronzer, but it is FABULOUS! I'm not tanned but not pale either and this is cute when not used heavy-handedly. As a blush, it just livens up the entire face. When used as a bronzer.contour in the hollows of the cheeks its quite pretty (i havent mastered teh bronzing bit yet, though).

A benefit gal told me that it would be great with High Beam, but i tell you ladies, powders + liquid do not mix! Another senior Benefit gal told me earlier that this was the case and i believe her. Dallas and say, Moon Beam or High Beam would be too much shimmer. If you need the highlighter, use a liquid Benefit Tint instead.

If you can get past the ugly colour at first glance and instead focus on the gorgeous packet design (adore the gold writing and the girl on the horse) they you will find one of their older and one of their best box o powders yet.

SO HAPPY I FOUND THIS! :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Dannieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Having dark skin, I personally wouldn't recommend this. It's super shimmery and nooo pigmentation.
Thought this would be perfect for my skin tone, but it made me look pinky-pale and ashy and glittery.
And it's sooo expensive.

A waste for me.
D:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Tamsins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am normally someone who shys away from bronzers as I really don't tend to tan at all. This however is great for giving a really natural looking glow, without being too obvious and shimmery. I tend to team it with coral/peach blusher in the summer and it looks lovely. I would definitely repurchase, but I don't need to use much so I think it will last forever. Hate the packaging though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

IF I ever manage to run out of this, I would repurchase it, however I do not think that will happen for a few years yet!
It is a very pretty plummy brown that I actually use as a blush - it looks great on my NC25-30 skin. I think it is more of a natural look, like I have some healthy color though I do not really recommend using as a bronzer. I have used my angled sephora blush brush with this, and my sonia kashuk blush brush. Both work fine. I just took off one lippie for price, as I do think it is pretty high. Oh, and it smells nice!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Lizzieloveslipgloss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely the best colored bronzer for my skin. I have used Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess and BE warmth and both tend to turn orange on my. This one does not and gives me the right kind of color that lasts all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Eishee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this as a contour shade! It looks so much more natural than a bronzer like Hoola. It's great for everyday and works well with all my blushes and highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by shana1306

I adore Dallas so much!
For me, it's the perfect rosy blush/bronzer colour, perfect for winter and summer. I haven't seen anyone that this doesn't look good on, it even works for my super super pale best friend.
I use this in summer as blush/bronzer on my cheeks, and on my chin/nose/forehead as a light bronzer, and in winter more as a contour underneath other blushes (I tend to use pinker toned blushes in winter).
The shimmer in this is really subtle, it creates a nice glowy effect rather than a sparkly shimmer. It is also reasonably long lasting.
As for the packaging, I think its really cute but slightly impractical. The box doesn't lock closed, so it can potentially come apart in your make up bag. It is also made out of cardboard, so yes, it will eventually fall apart. Mine has been completely annihilated, and has been designated to sitting flat in my bathroom drawer so that it is not destroyed any further :P As for the brush, I kind of love it despite how many people think that it's hopeless. For me, it is the right shape for my face and is nice and fluffy. I find it holds the right amount of product if you swipe it across the blush and then buff the blush into the brush on the inside of the lid. Also I love how Benefit co-ordinates the brush handles to the product-for Dallas, its a tan brown wood handle.
I've had my box since around April 2008, and I just started hitting the pan earlier this year, and I used to wear it daily, so for me it has lasted forever. In Aus it is really expensive for a blush ($53) but seeing as it has lasted me so long and is such a terrific product I most definitely am going to re-purchase this when it runs out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by cosmetic00junkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently tried Benefit Hoola and found it too overpowering against my pale skin, Dallas for me was perfect!!! No need to apply blusher. Its a really pretty colour. Donít get put off by the plum element, its really flattering :)