October 31, 2014 | 1401 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by donna01010

I bought this for 2 reasons: Paula Begoun recommended it and I thought it would give me all I wanted (length, volume, separation). (Why surely Paula wouldn't lie...) Anyway, price was average for drugstore. There is absolutely NO CONTROL with this brush. It is not a brush. It is a STICK. This stick smears mascara across your lashes in a random manner. I got no control, no volume, nothing but mess.The bristles are too short to cling to my lashes. Good Bye Almay. The search continues.....Paula, what's with you?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Lissybeth09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OneWord: iLoveIt :D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 11:14:00 AM More reviews by aperfectsonnet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first bought this product it was because I saw a video of someone using it on youtube, and the brush intrigued me. I picked it up at Target on sale with Almay eyeliner. When I first tried it, it looked alright, giving me more thickness then length and creating a very natural look. So I put it away and picked up my handy dandy LashBlast. Well, while putsing around in my makeup bag a few weeks ago I rediscovered it and figured, why not? And I'm so glad I did! After messing around with it a few days, I figured out how to perfectly use the brush and the learning curve that came along with it. I wish I had stuck with it the first time instead of putting it away. I use an eyelash comb and curler right before application, and when applying I apply the thickening side of the brush to both eyes first, then go back and come through with the lengthening side. Totally worth it! HG!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by pantaloons55

I honestly didn't know how to rate this product. When I first opened the package, I thought that it was a decent enough mascara given the fact that it is drug-store. Made my lashes look nice enough. However -- its only 2 weeks later and it has become a clumpy disgusting mess. I have to wipe the brush repeatedly to get the extra product off. I keep buying the cheap stuff because its hard for me to justify $20 mascara... but it figures I'll spend more on drugstore mascara cause i have to toss and buy it more frequently... don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by lohgan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! It's been in my collection for quite awhile now and it's great. It gives me length and makes my lashes look very thick!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by cloudy01

I am still recovering from my shock over just how bad the brush is. The formula itself seems ok but it is hard to tell because it is next to impossible to get it onto my lashes. I usually prefer brushes with short bristles and so was excited to try this one out. Unfortunately, it is like trying to apply mascara with a Q-Tip. I have no idea how to even brush the product through my lashes when the bristles are so short that they are drowned in the mascara. I have found that wiping off much of the excess does help but still provides unsatisfactory results. I am just happy I had a $4.00 off coupon and so only paid 2.99 at Walgreens.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by irish119

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Did not like this at all. The formula was nothing special, but as it is hypoallergenic and I have sensitive eyes I thought I'd try it. My main complaint is that it comes off during the day. My finger just grazed my eyelash and it was as wet as if I'd just put it on. So them I deliberately touched my lashes and again it came off. Would never buy this again. Throwing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Aonn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very good mascara! I always struggle with mascaras. This stuff didn't bother my sensitive eyes and didn't smudge, which for me is amazing. Most mascaras give me racoon eyes by mid day and I had only the tiniest smudging at the outer corners after wearing this 18 hours. More importantly, my lashes looked really long and fairly thick, and I did only one application. My lashes are dark, but straight and not especially long so I like a mascara that will make an impact. This went on very easily, did not clump, and really gave nice definition and length to my lashes. I really liked the brush too. The short side delivers more product and the long side gave good separation and length. This worked as well and/or better than much more expensive mascaras. I love this stuff! Almost forgot to add - this washes off fairly easily with soap and water, which is a huge plus in my book, as most makeup removers really bother me.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ballerboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was the first time I had tried Almay mascara and it will be my last! This product was horrible. The formula was chalky and dry! Application was not smooth and I barely got any product onto my lashes, only chunks! It did not nourish my lashes at all, but made it look dry and cakey. It was a BOGO so I ended having to throw out 2 tubes!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:45:00 PM More reviews by colleenwin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

YUCK!!!! This mascara sucks!!! Does not hold a curl adds no volume and is very irritating. Worst of all it goes on clumpy and makes your eyelashes stick together. I never ever by Almay products because nothing in their line has ever impressed me. I think I finally learned my lesson. Sub-par over-priced drug store cosmetics!