October 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Pro Skincare Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Tekuna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Every woman has to have this brush , i love it !!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by kahealani63

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffered from acne for a long time. Probably since I was 10? It has never left my side. I was convinced by some former co-workers that this would do the job. So I finally gave in and bought a Clarisonic pro skincare brush. After a couple of months, I noticed a dramatic difference. My acne cleared up, my skin wasn't as red, and the texture was a lot smoother. The price should not scare you away, if it's an investment well worth the buy. I am really happy that I found this clarisonic. At first I was intimidated because I have real sensitive skin, but the brush that comes with the tool is gentle enough for those who have sensitive skin. However, I do suggest that other people with acne get an OK from their dermatologist first. I am not sure how bad each individual's acne is. For me it was mild. Better safe than sorry. If you get the OK, try it out. Embrace it and love it, because you will notice the difference. It's good for all skin types. Everyone should have one. Even those with perfect skin. Btw, you will notice how much makeup wasn't being removed before using a Clarisonic. NASTY! lol...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 2:58:00 PM More reviews by miwai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for 20+ day not yet 30 because I've only had to charge it 2 times since the first charge... I use this twice daily (once in the morning and once at night.) In the beginning I was using my Shiseido Whiteluscent cleanser but my face started to break out a bit. I switched over to using the cleanser that the brush came with and my face started to clear out (ie, less acne, less redness, smaller pores) but I was happiest to find that my face is a lot less oily! So far I have nothing but praises for this product. I understand it may be a bit premature, but I think I might be in love. This is definitely my HG to soft, clear and healthy skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Ello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after I had my son. The hormonal fluctuations caused a horrible breakout of cystic acne that started around 3 months after I quit breastfeeding my on. I was put on Tazorac and Vitamin C for my acne, it didn't work and left my skin in a horrific state. My face was so dry that it cracked and bled. My skin is much too sensitive for daily exfoliation (even without the horrible reaction to Tazorac) so I needed something that would keep my face clean and exfoliate the dead skin gently. Enter Clarisonic! Within a month, my skin was looking better. I initially used the sensitive skin brush head, but quickly switched to the acne head, as it had a bit more "scrubbing" power but is designed not to break open any existing acne and spread the bacteria. I love the Clarisonic for this reason. So many options for custom skin care. I am glad I invested in this product, I am sure my skin will thank me!

UPDATE
I have been using the Clarisonic twice a day for almost 2 years now. I am still in love with it. I recently upgraded to the deep pore cleansing head and paired it with the Bliss Labs Pore Dissolving Cleansing Milk. If you have problematic skin, I would highly recommend the Clarisonic Pro Skincare Brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i used to have deep black heads on my nose which i hated -___- this took them all away (: i love my clarisonic<3 my skins never been softer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Stacela72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this a few years ago and stopped using it because it made my acne worse. What I did not know then is that during the first 2 weeks you may experience an increase in acne because it is purging your skin. I have been using it every night for 2 months now and did experience 2 weeks of increased acne, but after the initial purging period I saw dramatic improvements. No acne, clogged pores and blackheads gone. Now my large pores around my nose and cheeks seem to be shrinking. My skin treatments also absorb into my skin much better than they used to.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by kittyk9t

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't hesitate - just buy this already! I have no idea why I waited so long after all my friends told me I needed this. Seriously, this is the best thing I've done for my skin. I usually wear a full face of long-wearing makeup so when I got the Clarisonic I tested it by washing my face how I normally do, then hopped in the shower like usual and then washed my face again using the Clarisonic and a little bit of Paula's cleanser. I was shocked at what I saw - there was makeup residue on the brush head meaning all these years that residue has been left behind on my skin. Since using this, my skin has been much softer, smoother and more glowy. Makeup definitely goes on better and I don't have to use as much anymore. My routine is to use this only at night. I take off my waterproof mascara with Ponds Cold Cream, wash my face with Paula's cleanser, take a shower, use the Clarisonic with a tiny bit of Paula's cleanser, and apply the rest of my products. Very happy with this new routine!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

***This review is dedicated to ALL Aussie who is comptemplating on buying this!..BEWARE its a bit of a ramble!***

Firstly, Clarisonic is not widely popular, nor widely available in Australia. The price for the Clarisonic in general(not just the pro) ranges from $229AUD - $389AUD, and brush heads ranges from $30AUD - $40AUD each!..That's a huge investment.
As far as I know, the Mia is not an option for Aussie since its not available in Australia as yet(unless people have a way of getting it here, but any reputable store or website in Australia with 100% genuine stock would not have it at all, and this is one purchase you do not want it to be fake).
MY SITUATION: I only started using makeup religiously within the last 2 years, When I first started using makeup I had absolutely perfect skin with just slight dark circles. Eventually my skin started to get worse, I was getting dry patches, acne breakout more often then usual, etc. Recently my skin was getting heaps worse, I realise I was wearing more makeup to hide the imperfection, and basically my skin was just miserable.
I've heard about Clarisonic several years ago, but dismiss it because of 3 reasons:
1. At the time it wasn't available in Australia, and even till now it is still not widely available. Even now, with the brush heads you either have to get it online, or go to a major Myer or DJ's to purchase, which is not convenient because I live in Penrith (any Sydneysiders would know how far out that is)
2. It was really pricey for the machine and the brush heads
3. The nature of how it works isn't all that convincing, a BRUSH vibrating(I can understand if it oscillation, but vibration? say I'm not educated, I dont think the average person can understand as well) on my delicate face? No thanks! I mean I use the sonic tooth brushes and when that hits my gum it bleeds and hurts, so can you imagine a bigger brush on your face?
Anyways my skin was getting soo bad, that I just had to give this a try, and hope for the best.
PURCHASE: I did soo much research on this, in terms of price, actually going to see it in person at Sydney Myer's in Pitt St, and research on the different types and the sort of function etc. I eventually purchase this online from a recommended online retailer of Clarisonic. Originally only wanted to purchase the Classic, but on the website(the cheapest I found in the whole entire Australia) their Classic and Pro was only a $40AUD difference, one thing lead to another and I got the whole entire Shebangs and ended up with the Pro.
INITIAL EXPERIENCE: When I first used this I had some cistic pimples, dry peeling skin on my nose and the top of my nose bridge, pimples that already burst and/or healing and also lumps on my face from pimples that will be forming soon, alot of white heads, and visible pores down the side of my nose bridge.
Anyways this came with a sensitive brush head, initially, and upon first use I didnt know how to program it, or what setting was appropriate for me. When I first place it on my face, I really did feel it scrubbing my face, it did feel like the brush bristle was digging into my skin, but was never anything painful or sore. And it was annoying everytime it beeped to tell me to move to a different area.
OUTCOME FOR INITIAL USE: I thought the bristles for the Sensitive was a little harsh, and I thought my face is going to be soo red...Actually no, My face was nice and shiny(not in an oily way off course), about 60% of my dry/dead skin removed. 2 thing I did notice, with my blemishes & breakout, it really whipped it RAW! OMGOODNESS! I had a little blood oozing out...so if you have breakouts, yes this will whip it raw, but my breakout were almost healed soo i didnt mind, it was literally gone in 2 days ! Also my the next morning the lumps on my face, that would have become a pimple actually disappeared... I was In love!
BODY FUNCTION: This I dont use too often, maybe once a week, only on arms and neck, only because it tickles a lot! I know a lot of people get these lumps bumps/ingrowns in the back of their arms, me included, but mine isn't too bad. This, teamed with a good body scrub really got rid of all those to give you absolutely smooth skin with continue use! I know my partner likes the body function, but I dont let him use it, this thing(the actual Clarisonic) goes on my face! Knowing men, they are not the cleanest creature!
MY ROUTINE NOW: I now learnt how to use my Clarisonic properly, and developed a routine that works best for me. I know a lot of people use this twice a day, I dont. I changed my setting to 2min without the beeps(that actually really annoys me), I use once at night every day, in the shower with my favourite cleanser! (NEVER USE THIS WITH A FACE SCRUB OR ANY ABRASIVE FACE CLEANSER). I change my face brush once every 6-8 weeks(sometimes 10 weeks) only because I do have 2 people using the same brush every week, me everyday my partner, when ever he remembers or feels like it.
RESULTS: I havent had a break out or pimple in ages, my skin is clear and actually glowing, my pores and whiteheads either have decreased in size or disappeared. Skincare creams/serum and makeup just glides on my face. I use to do full face makeup everyday and the coverage was never enough, but now I only wear concealer around my undereyes (which actually has improve drastically). I'm actually confident in my skin! I've heard alot about the "purging" phase..Never happened with me. If I use this 2 times a day, I feel its over kill, and also my face feels raw rather then fresh. It takes about 2 weeks to actually notice any real improvements honestly.

My THOUGHTS: Huge investment, but a worthy one. Honestly now that I think about it, I would have been fine with the mid range one. If you have perfect skin, you might think this pointless for you, but if your like me or worse, my advice is bite the bullet and get it! Also visit Clarisonic's Australian website to avoid FAKES

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by LittleRussianDoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I heard great reviews about this and really wanted to like it, but it made my acne rosacea skin worse. I broke out a bit, but nothing major. The redness on my cheeks got worse though and I found myself wearing more makeup to conceal it. I used the gentle brush on the lowest setting but I guess it was just too harsh for me. To be honest I didn't see a difference in the texture of my skin either. I'm glad I tried it, but I'm disappointed it didn't work for me. The good thing is you can get your money back after 30 days even if you've used it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by plie445

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good tool for acne-prone skin, but your skin will look worse before it looks better because it brings blemishes to the surface.