April 16, 2014 | 1894 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by mariesarah53

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Badly clogged my pores

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by paddlepops

i like that it's gentle but i don't feel like it really 'cleans' the skin. barely gets off any of my makeup. i give it three stars though because it's not harsh and irritating which was good for my acne prone skin. would not buy again though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

This is the only face wash my husband use,he has a mild psoriasis on his face and ever since he started to use Cetaphil gentle cleanser he told me that his skin is much better now. But for me personally I prefer the formulation for normal-oily skin because I have very oily t-zone. If you have sensitive skin give Cetaphil a try,you'll love it. It's fragrance free and it won't leather it'll take sometimes to get used to. It's a good cleanser to use in the morning. Will repurchase for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by qhqy

This product does take some getting used to. It does not foam, which can be slightly odd when you first use it. i have not tried removing it with makeup and probably dont recommend just using cetaphil to remove makeup.

I purchased this product when my skin broke out bad from all the products i have been putting on my face. I used this after i had washed my face with my Simple Moisturising Cleanser, i must say, it does do a great job in making sure your face is extra clean, soft and pH balanced. This can be used in the morning when you do not want to strip off too much natural oils from your face.

Overall good product, would repurchase to keep my skin clear

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Amreen3189

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product by my derm years ago when I was suffering from terrible cystic acne. It is EXTREMELY gentle, which is nice. The only and main downside I experienced was the fact that it doesn't get anything off. If you're wearing makeup, don't depend on this to take it off because it won't unless you wash your face about 6 times (which to be honest I ended up doing). It's so gentle that my skin didn't get irritated by that either. It didn't break me out and I used it for a good few years. The only reason I don't use it anymore is because I found out about the one for acne prone skin so I use that one now. That being said, if you have acne prone skin, use that one. I feel like that one is also better at taking off makeup. If you're a person with normal skin that doesn't wear makeup, you'll love this cleanser. As far as the packaging goes, I love it. It comes in two sizes and the larger size has a pump which makes it really convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

I am such a fan of this product as it does exactly what it is supposed to!

I bought this product as my skin started to go really dry and flaky looking and I just wanted a cleanser that was not harsh on my skin. My friend advised me to get this and I did.

It comes in a pump bottle which is useful as the right amount of cleanser comes out. It feels soft too....You can use it by putting in on a cotton wool or using it as a face wash. I have done both - I usually use it as a face wash but put it on cotton wool when I've put a face full of make up on. When I use this, my skin feels cleansed - but does not feel 'tight' or 'stripped' after like with other cleansers. It just makes my skin feel refreshed! It has a almost creamy feel to it. It doesn't really have a smell.

Overall, it does what its supposed to! I've used this now for four months and I wouldn't change cleanser now as it keeps my skin clean without stripping it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 9:33:00 PM More reviews by bluestar21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been developing a skin care routine and slowly introducing one new product every few weeks. I have moderate acne and am looking to clear it up for good. In the past, I hadn't really noticed a big difference between types of cleansers and for the past 2-3 years I've been using Dr. Bronners, which I love but I think the pH is too high for my face. Cetephil is one of those products which I've always kind of known about but it felt too plain/boring. Well, it is very plain but it cleans my skin nicely and the pH is much more appropriate for my face. In fact, I have already seen a big difference in the past 2 weeks or so that I've been using this. I feel like all of my other products can work on my skin better. I highly recommend using this with a microfiber cloth to clean your face. I found this in a travel size at Target in case you don't want to invest in an entire bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by rockstar00

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this cleanser for years. I am never without it EVER. I have quite a few cleansers but Cetaphil is so fantastic on my skin and leaves such a nice soft fresh clean feeling that I can't be without it. I keep one large container with a pump in the shower and I keep one container on my vanity. I use cetaphil as a cleanser, eyemake up remover, in place of soap, to shave my legs.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by GreenLime

I would not recommend this cleanser for acne prone skin or oily skin, even if your dermatologist suggested you to do so. If you use this product solo, for the purpose of removing make up, it will not remove 100% of your makeup but leave residue on your face. I feel the best (and correct) way to use this product is by taking a pump of the cleanser and then taking another pump of a more soapy face wash. By doing this you are removing all that gunk off your face without over drying it. I used to do this with olive oil+soapy face wash but I ran out of a good pump dispenser to store my oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jordancrook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

No no no. I heard such good things about this cleanser, but it really burned my skin for some reason. I tried it because I was starting retin a and wanted something a little more gentle than my cerave foaming cleanser (I was scared it would dry my skin out). Plus I liked how there were only a few ingredients. But I won't repurchase. It burned my skin and it never felt completely clean, even though I take my makeup off beforehand. I'll be sticking to my cerave foaming facial cleanser- it doesn't burn my skin and it feels cleaner after use.