July 31, 2014 | 1706 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jmcgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great for sensitive skin. I can't use products with salycilic acid (horrible rash) so I need a gentle product like this that won't burn my face. I used to use Johnson & Johnson Purpose, but it was too drying and left my face feeling tight.

I had a period of terrible breakouts last year where no product was able to help, including this one. Then I found out I was washing my face too often. I now only wash my face at night to remove makeup and in the morning I just rinse with water. I haven't had a breakout in 6 months.

I do use this product to remove eye makeup. The trick is to apply dry and then wipe off with a cotton pad/ball. Then wash your face with water as normal. Do not wet your face before removing any eye makeup or the mascara will just smear around your face and will not come off.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Same as other reviewers, I hate the fact that it doesn't lather, I don't feel my face is clean. I've also gotten bumps all over my face right after I use it and then they slowly disappear but I hate the swollen look on my cheeks. Only used it 4 times and not giving it another try. I wish I could return it :-/ I guess I'll be going back to Clinique take the day off, which is very good for removing makeup but also makes my skin feel soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My Mom and I both love this stuff to death. She has combination skin and I have dry to combination skin, by the way. I feel like those who don't like this product aren't using it properly. It's not meant to be a makeup remover, and it sure as heck isn't. I just remove my face makeup and eye makeup with a makeup wipe before I use this. It really is gentle, I have sensitive, rosacean skin and it has never irritated my skin in anyway. It doesn't suck the moisture out of my dry cheeks, and doesn't leave my t-zone greasy. For a drugstore or high end cleanser, it is amazing. I've tried out loads of facial cleansers, but I always end up coming back to this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by KimMonroe

After 2 days of using this cleanser (morning & night), my face began to burn and become dry and blistered. I have sensitive skin and I was told this cleanser would be perfect for me, but it definitely wasnít. I was using CeraVe and my skin NEVER had that reaction to it and to my knowledge, the 2 cleansers are comparable. I may be having a reaction to one of the ingredients in it but Iím not sure. Itís supposed to be such a gentle cleanser I would think someone with sensitive skin like myself would be fine using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by diggitybomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is a nice product. I wouldnt buy it again because its very expensive at least where i live. I get the same result with dove beauty bar, or glycerin soap. Still if you have extreamly sensitive skin it may be worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The price is right, I find it to be non-drying, and so far no adverse effects. I can see why it's so darn popular.

And to think I was going to try Philosophy....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't recommend this product if you have acne because it doesn't help it at all. I used this for 2 weeks and there was no difference in my skin. However I would recommend this product to people who don't have acne and just want a simple cleanser because this one is really gentle and it doesn't burn your skin

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:46:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

Basic but deliver everything it says! It is that simple.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeluver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't like that it doesn't bubble up. I have a hard time to believe that it actually cleans deeply without the lather. I don't like the packaging because it can be better!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:01:00 PM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this facial cleanser for years and it has always surpassed my expectations. I have mature skin and it never dries my skin out. My teen age girls use it too and they have combination skin. I buy it in a double pack from Costco or when it is on sale at Drugstore.com. I can afford to buy expensive products but feel that you just can beat this facial wash so I never change products. I don't even need to use eye makeup remover when I use this wash, I just rub some lightly around my eyes and it removes all my mascara and eyeliner easily.