July 30, 2014 | 1171 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup with SoftFlex SPF 6 for Combination/Oily Skin ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by EmoCupcakezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is fantastic! Having reallllyyyy oily skin, I had been looking for a good foundaion for ages... and this works amazingly. It stays put all day, and keeps my face shine-free through the night! My only complaint would be the coloring. The lightest is too light for me, one shade up is too dark.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

1. Great finish. It doesn't look like you have make up on, except for after just applying. Once it melts into your skin, however, it looks just like skin. The longer you wear this, the more it looks natural, which is the opposite of most make up (the longer you wear them, the more they begin looking unnatural and obvious).

2. Great colors! I found my match by swatching them in the store (SHHHHHHH, don't tell anyone!) and I had no trouble. The color matched my face perfectly, which is odd because there's so many different undertones and skin colors in this big, beautiful, world of ethnic variety. Yet, the color matched me perfectly.

3. Two different formulas: one for oily/combo skin and one for dry skin. I've tried them both. Because I'm adventurous like that.

Cons:

1.Made my skin break out. Sometimes it takes my very sensitive skin a while to have a reaction, sometimes it doesn't. I wore this for about a month, and didn't have any issues (unless I failed to get allllll the make up off of my face. Then pores became a bit clogged). After that month, I began breaking out in cystic acne. I scientifically eliminated the culprit down to this make up.

2. Extremely difficult for me to remove at night. With the gain of godly lasting power, one must sacrifice the ease of washing off. My normal face scrub (St. Ives Apricot) wouldn't get this off. I ended up using coconut oil to get it off (great eye make up remover) and then washing my face with scrub. This got most of the make up off, but not all. I imagine a face brush like Clarisonic or Olay would do the job if you added that into the type of routine I was using (make up remover plus face wash).

3. Packaging. I know this is EVERYWHERE in the Revlon Colorstay complaint world. But, I can't be thorough without mentioning it. This only bothered me moderately. I simply shook the formula up (says on the packing that it separates so you have to shake it every time), pour some out on the back of my hand, and apply. Not too big of a deal, I just felt like my hand was soaking up product and it was going to waste because my hands are sexy as is.

Comments:

This was a great make up, and I was willing to compromise with it and make it work because I had never found something so compatible with me, and with what I dreamt my foundation in shining armor should be.However, we had to break up because my skin has a bad reaction to this.

As I stated above, I've tried both formulas. I have oily skin, but my store was out of the oily/combo formula so I bought the normal/dry skin formula. I used it for about 3 weeks. I liked it. I used the oily skin formula for 2 weeks, and then on again, off again after that because I wanted to see if it was breaking me out. Then I tried the dry skin on again, off again to see if that would break me out. Both of them cause cystic acne. The only discernible difference I found between the formulas on me is that the dry skin emphasizes flakiness around current blemishes more so than the oily formula.

I have also used Double Wear foundation, and this is basically the same as Double Wear. So if you use DW and want a cheaper alternative, USE THIS. You won't regret it. I think the color matching is better with Revlon.

I believe they are coming out with a new bottle that includes a pump. But, there's a catch (isn't there always?). The bottles with pumps now contain a different reformulated formula. Haha, "reformulated formula". Anyways, be aware of this bitter-sweet fact.

Reference:

I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have a pale complexion with golden/yellow undertones. I'm basically derived from all the European Snow People (Norwegian, Dutch, Irish). My shade in both formulas was 150 Buff.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by HappyUnicornSmile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pros:

Cons:

Comments:

Reference:

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by feistytinytoo

Felt sticky, thick and did not work with my sensitive skin. For the thick coverage it provides it made my acne really standout. Also found that between the stickiness and my face oils it just felt incredibly heavy and irritating. One thing I will say is I didn't give it much of a go to settle so I think I may try it again someday but the moment I put it on I wanted to scratch it off. Really wanted to love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by lilicansu

I have been using Estee Laudeer Double Wear but since its formula has changed i got into foundation haunting again. I wanted to give it a go! Omg it is an amazing product!! I have combo oily skin. It looks silky matte on your skin, i hot sand beige and i mist tell you that shade matching is amazing and much better than Estee! It is 12 pounds in the UK but i got mine from ebay for 8. It has an amazing performance. It is a must have if you like a good coverage long staying matte foundations.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by horder

Pros- sits well on the skin, long lasting,wide color range, not pricy.
    Cons-no pump!!really annoying to get product from the tube,few times felt cakey with powder from other brand.Animal testing by the brand
    will repurchase only if they add pump and stop animal testing

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sugarhype10

I really really wanted to like this product, but I just couldn't! I've been using Bare Minerals in light for several years, and decided to make a grown-up leap to liquid foundation. After reading tons of reviews on blogs, youtube, and makeup alley, I finally decided on Revlon's colorstay foundation. Right off the bat, I did not like the smell at all - it's a very strong scent that's almost like paint, only more chemical. When I applied it to my skin with an elf powder brush, the foundation provided a medium coverage that I really liked, but the foundation made my skin feel like it was slightly burning. I didn't see any of the foundation's oil controlling properties at work, because about an hour or two later, my face was a bit oily, even though I had used the foundation with primer and set with foundation. I could've lived with all that and stuck with the foundation, but the WHITE CAST was terrible! Good golly, I seriously looked like Casper the Friendly Ghost with flash photography, and being that I am an Asian with deep yellow/olive skintone, that white faced look was NOT a good look for me. I was aware that the foundation has spf 6 in it, which was the likely culprit of the white cast, so when I picked up another bottle a few weeks later (because like I said, I really really wanted to like this foundation), I was careful to select a bottle that did not say spf on it. I selected golden beige as my color and it worked well, but the white cast was STILL there, and my face was yet again oily after a few hours.

I went to Nordstrom's later that day and tried NARS sheer matte foundation in santa fe which is AWESOME!! The color is dead on and the finish is beautiful. And the best part is NO WHITE CAST!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by xoxprettyvacant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is amazing.
    I NEVER buy drugstore foundation. I usually spend a lot more on high end ones from Sephora. I had been using creme silk by laura mercier but my skin was freaking out and I read on goodguide that the ingredients in this one were better..and it's so cheap so I thought what the hell..but I totally wasn't expecting it to look this good. It photographs well, my face looks flawless, and my skin is getting better. So impressed.
    I'm usually about NW20 in MAC and I bought this in nude and its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Rachel2694

I have a really oily t zone and have always thought I needed to only use powder foundations. They've never given me great coverage and have always worn off. I have been reading a lot of good comments for this product and decided to try and OH MY GOSH I love it! I'm a carhop and have to stay back in the kitchen area of a restaurant- where it is hot as hell! And my makeup still stays. It's amazing and has amazing coverage and even though I am pale finding a color that matched was easy. I wouldn't recommend using a foundation brush but the beauty blender (the pink egg) it goes on so perfectly. The price is kind of much for a drugstore, but it's so worth it if you struggle with oily-ness or want something that's going to last. It doesn't come with a pump so it can be messy. The packaging is so basic and simple, but I don't care and wouldn't care if all it had was three words on it! It's amazing and I would definitely recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by makeupbyahri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have never worn this with a primer, but without a primer it just slides off your face, especially with the kind of skin i have