Laura Mercier Secret Concealer

3.8

Petrolatum, Lanolin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Paraffin, Propylparaben. /- [May contain]: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Ultramarines (Cl 77007).

This is a very good concealer. I have tried so many concealers from all brands, searching for one that specifically covered my under-eye darkness. This is probably the best I have ever tried. The consistency is creamy and thick, and only a tiny amount is needed to cover an area. It needs to be set with powder, otherwise it is shiny and tends to run. I use Laura Mercier translucent setting powder for now, and it works fine. Any good setting powder would probably do the trick. This concealer covers very well. It lasts all day at work, doesn't settle into creases or get caked unless it is applied too heavily, which is very easy to do. I apply it with my finger, then smooth it out, but I have applied it with a concealer brush too, and that works good too. I wish there was more product in the container, I hate how the bottom is elevated so there's a lot less in there than I initially thought. It's quite pricey for the amount you get as well. Overall, I'll keep buying it because it works better than any other concealer I've found, and a little goes a long way!

on 8/20/2011 10:27:00 PM

i had a hard time to select among LM secret concealer, the MUF lift concealer and the Amazing concealer. None of them is perfect. The secret concealer creases badly, the lift concealer does not have enough coverage, whereas the amazing concealer is too yellowish and i prefer peachy/salmon color for the undereye. After several visits to Sephora, experimenting one by one, i finally picked the secret concealer as well as LM's brightening powder . it provides sufficient coverage, and the color (#2) matches me (NC25) perfectly. It looks pretty natural with proper application, which definitely requires bit practices. On the other hand, it needs to be set with powder, cleaning up the creases area carefully and therefore could be time consuming in application. Even underneath brightening powder, the coverage lasts for only about 3 to 4 hours. In short, this is decent and effective, but not perfect, but man, is there a perfect undereye concealer out there???

on 8/16/2011 6:39:00 PM

I have had dark under eye circles for as long as I can remember. In my case its 100% genetic and hence, I think its realistic to think that under eye treatments can't do much for my eyes. On the other hand I have big eyes which, which is also 100% genetic and hence I have no reason to complain! lol
My dark circles tend to be the darkest on the inner corners of the eye. I use this concealer in #4 and its a perfect match. Check.
The problem here is that it covers very effectively if I layer it up but in about 30 minutes, I feel like the darkness seeps out again. May be it is not opaque enough? It doesnt look cakey and blends very well. It looks very oily/greasy once applied but looks fine when set with powder. It works better than the Bobbi Brown concealer for me.
So, until I find my HG concealer, this is going to stay in my stash.

on 8/13/2011 6:33:00 AM

This concealer did not work for me. It was quite expensive considering it did not cover my blue/dark circles under my eyes. The consistency is very oily and the product slides and does not stay put, when I was trying to apply it qiht my finger tips gently dabbing it does not sink in or stay on the surface of the skin, maybe you have to use powder on top? However for the high price tag it should work just fine on it's own.

This is one of the best concealers I have used. It stays on all day (although I use a translucent powder over it) and it blends easily with my skin. It is super creamy, so it's perfect for the dry, under-eye area. My only complaint is that sometimes it seeps into the little lines under my eyes if I've been smiling a lot. I would probably buy this again, but not if I found something that wouldn't make lines under my eyes.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my top 3 undereyes concealers. I used to like Benefit Erase Paste but it would melt away through the hot summer days. Plus, Laura Mercier's color range is better than Erase Paste. This concealer stays surprisingly well in 100F weather. The staying power is great, lasts 6 to 8 hours when you set it with translucent powder. The concealer is creamy and blends easily. You only need a little bit to cover dark circles. It provides a heavy coverage but not does not have a "thick" feeling. I have a relatively dry eye area but this does not cake up or shows fine lines like Bobbi Brown concealer and corrector.

on 7/21/2011 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This product is everything that Benefit's Erase Paste claims to be, but isn't. It covers dark circles wonderfully, and it has a creamy, even, consistency. Most importantly, this concealer does not accentuate fine lines and wrinkles. My advice: use a bit of powder to "set" the concealer and you will be good to go.

I like this it's not the best concealer I've tried so far but it's good.
It's creamy and a bit thick but covers well, the problem is that you have to re-apply it after a few hours because it wears off.

on 5/20/2011 12:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I really like this concealer for my under eyes. It creases much less than any other concealer I have tried. I also like the fact that the colours are peachy-toned, so it takes care of my dark circles. Its my favourite under eye concealer atm! Will update if that changes.

on 5/15/2011 11:00:00 PM

Love this stuff. It's very creamy and applies easily. Blends in well and doesn't cake. What else can you ask for in an under eye concealer.