July 23, 2014 | 1296 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre in See Sheer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2010 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lookupitzcybill

Love See Sheer! Great spring/summer lipstick! I'd probably also wear this in the winter. It's a sheer coral colored lipstick and looks fairly natural on my pink-berry pigmented lips. This color is what I expected Viva Glam Cyndi to look like on me. The perfect coral lip color for me! I just wish it would last longer... Applies very smoothly! It is also somewhat MLBB.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetascocoa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very pretty color. I'm a NC50 in the center of the face, and NW45 on the perimeter of my face, for reference. I love this color. It's a corally-orange color. I do two looks with this color. The first: cork liner, see sheer lipstick, love nectar lipglass/lustreglass.
second look: studiofinish concealer (the one in the tube), see sheer lipstick, siss lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by jbojangles

Works as a subtle, coral color on my very pink, pigmented lips. It's not too bright but does add a nice orangey pop of color. The lustre formula isn't too drying. Had a good three hours of wear. Pretty pleased with the product, in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Volvoqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this color. Had purchased a more coral color, but returned because I thought it made me look like a clown, traded in for See Sheer and glad I did. I'm would be classified as a "ginger", dark blond hair, freckles, and burns very easy. This color works great with my coloring, but do use a lip liner in nude or clear, it makes all the difference with the lipstick, and in my opinion you get much more defined lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

Love the color, the only thing is, i don't know why it comes out pink on me. I initially thought this is a coral lipstick but i guess not. but it's still pretty though,

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Missmb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick and I have been inseparable since I bought it last week. It's only my second MAC lipstick, so maybe it's just the 'love' phase with this brand, but the color is so pretty and looks so great with my coloring and complexion. It's almost like a wearable, sheer, coral-colored red, and definitely a "your lips but better" shade. This was recommended to me by a salesperson at the MAC counter after she told me that Ravishing (the color I initially came for) was sold-out. It's a similar color, just more sheer and less frosty. The only con has to be that I seem to be reapplying this lipstick a lot during the workday because it fades fast. But that could just be me.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by BrandoSlice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color. Has a nice sheen to it, but the lipstick really has no staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hottiecakes

the perfect lipstick.
i CANNOT live without it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 8:14:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Really great find. What I love about the MAC counter, is I always come across colors in the permanent collection that I never took notice of before. I purchased this purely in the moment, possibly one of the few impulse buys I was actually delighted about.

PROS: (1) unique coral color- a pink and peach combination creates this delightful color which really brightens up my complexion. (2) non-drying formula that applies smoothly. (3) love it over my pigmented lips. (4) as usual, I am a fan of the black bullet style packaging.

CONS: (1) due to the soft consistency of this lip stick, product requires a lip liner otherwise it will travel. I prefer clear lip liners such as Revlon in Clear to get the job done. (2) if lips ar enot moisturized, this can emphasize lines- as do many lip sticks.

Overall, this is a fun color. I wonder if the name is a play off the word ‘sea’ because I noticed that it looks best when I am wearing green, sea foam, or ocean blue colors. It does not look as attractive if I am wearing black or browns. This is the first time I have encountered a color that needs to be matched properly to my outfit of the day. Then again, I tend to only wear nudes, so it is nice for a change. At the moment it looks really nice with my dark hair, brown eyes, and fair complexion. I hope it still looks good when I gain a medium tan as Summer warms my skin.
Happy Shopping!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Mica

This is great for when I want a bright pop of color on my lips. It's a coral-red, and I only wear it when I'm feeling pretty brave, but I always get compliments. I should wear it more often - I'm definitely glad that I got it through B2M. It would probably look pretty on just about any skintone.