MAC Lustre in See Sheer

4.2

on 11/24/2010 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a rare thing that MAC disappoints me but this did. The color is lovely and while I know it's supposed to be sheer, this is really sheer and lasting power is zilch. It reminds me of the lipticks in a little girl's play makeup set ... barely shows up no matter how thick you put in on. And it's somewhat drying. I would never buy this particular shade again.

on 11/10/2010 8:30:00 AM

Gorgeous colour, its a reddish colour, but it has a fair bit of coral, looks quite natural on someone who already has quite pigmented lips, i wear it to work on a daily basis! Perfect consistancy also , non drying but not too shiny! x

on 10/29/2010 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I grabbed this on whim yesterday and I'm so glad I did. I went to Nordstrom with some Back2Mac empties and had every intention of picking up a new red shade to add to my collection. I wanted Lady Danger, but found out it was only available at the MAC freestanding store. I didn't see any other reds I wanted, but See Sheer suddenly caught my eye.

I swatched it and thought that I must have ten colors like this, but I got it anyway. Once I got home and put it on my lips I realized I'd found my new favorite every day lipstick. The closest colors I have to it in my collection are Made to Order (now my OLD favorite every day color) and Ravishing. Ravishing is definitely more opaque since it's a Cremesheen. It's also a little bit lighter than See Sheer and more orange-coral. Made to Order and See Sheer are both Lustres, so they are buildable and more moisturizing than many of the other formulas. See Sheer is a pinker, less frosty Made to Order. It's also more flattering on my warm, fair, slightly freckly skin tone. I love that it's sheer enough that I can put it on without even looking in the mirror, too.

on 10/16/2010 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good shade to wear to work everyday. It's natural and very flattering on my Asian skin (pale with pink undertones). It doesn't last too long so you may need to keep applying to your lips after drinking and eating. It goes on smooth and silky.

on 9/19/2010 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THIS IS WHAT I EXPECTED VIVA GLAM CYINDI TO BE! its a BEAUTIFUL reddish coral color! i have super pigmented lips and u see this color perfectly! its very moisturizing and yes, sheer.
EDIT: ive gave this an extra star, making it a perfect 5. ive been using it like every single day, no lie. my new hg lipstick! i L O V E it! (:

on 9/2/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

On my pigmented lips, See Sheer shows up as a reddish-coral that brightens up my (NC37-42) olive-tan complexion. Great shade to have especially during the summer. I usually wear it with an understated bronze eye and a peachy-brown blush.

on 8/23/2010 5:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is one of my favorite lipsticks in my collection--it's the perfect light coral that adds enough color to your face without being overwhelming. It's not super-pigmented, but somewhat sheer, and a very good everyday lipstick.

on 8/22/2010 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday lipstick! It's a very pretty coral lipstick that you can wear everyday. It has better staying power than my other Lustre lipsticks. I'm also glad that it isn't a limited edition lipstick because I plan on purchasing it again. =)

on 8/22/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

on 8/6/2010 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

So gorgeous! It's a corally colour, not red on my lips. It's subtle yet enough to brighten up the entire face. It's the colour I have been looking for!
Great for everyday colour pop.

Recommended for Medium Skin