The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Hemp Seed Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-100 Stearate, Beeswax, Lanolin, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Evernia Furfuracea (Treemoss) Extract, Limonene, Citronellol, Talc, Geraniol, Linalool, Citral, Chromium Oxide Greens, Iron Oxides.

on 4/7/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

i bought this when tbs was running a buy two get one sale. it works well to moisturize and form a protective barrier, but i just can't stand the smell. normally i like herbal-medicinal smells, i love dream cream, but this one smells rank. and it lasts forever. i put it on at night, and it's still lingering in the morning until i wash my hands. and the metal tube packaging is something i don't appreciate either. are you supposed to recycle it? i would not repurchase.

on 3/30/2012 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

OMG! I love this handcream!!! Burt's Bees salve move aside, this is my new HG! I hate it when handcream leaves your hands greasy and this sinks in so fast i cannot believe it! And it makes my hands soooooo soft :D! And the scent is wonderfull, i keep sniffing my hands :). I have one small con and that is the packaging. A metal tube which will probably tear later on... But other than that: perfect 10!!!!
Small EDIT: Still a HG for the night, but I use Biotherm Biomains now during the day cause of the sunscreen :). So this one is an almost perfect 9 now ;)

on 3/29/2012 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This was my fav hand cream because it moisturized and kept my chappy hands coated even after washing my hands. But somehow I have to believe that it has been reformulated because this winter my hands where cracking at the knuckles ESP and when I applied this, it it burnt and then it formed wails on my hands. It was totally irritated!
For those of you with sensitive severely dry hands, take my advice, do NOT get this. Won't buy again cuz I got a whole new tube to last my for the rest of my life lol

on 3/28/2012 9:02:00 PM

I managed to get 4 of these for the price of one so me and my mum will have enough to last a while! It's really thick and smells herby and grassy but it does make my hands feel soft. I put this on followed by cotton gloves just before I go to sleep and wake up with the softest hands ever. Would only get this when special offers are on though coz I'm not sure if I'd pay £10 a tube!

on 3/18/2012 2:11:00 PM

My favourite ever hand cream. Really thick and creamy, sinks in quickly and lasts for ages before needing to reapply. Personally I love the smell - it's realy herbal but quite strong so if it's not to your taste could be ofputting (as seems to be the case for some other reviewers).

on 3/8/2012 7:14:00 PM

I love this hand cream.

Pros:
Really sinks into your skin and moisturises.
Lasts for a while so you don't have to keep constantly reapplying.
Not in a tub so hygienic packaging.

Cons: Pretty pricey for a hand-cream. [£10 for 100ml] but it should last you a long time!
The smell is quite strong and it may not be for everything.

on 3/7/2012 6:22:00 PM

Is the BEST of the best ! I love so much this hand cream. It seems awkward but to me it smells like tea .

on 3/5/2012 2:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This product worked well for me BUT it came with a price! My boyfriend hated the smell. He said it smelled like chemicals and made his eyes water. That isn't good! So I stopped using it around him. I also had someone walk past my office wondering what that strange smell was. Not good.

The product packaging was also the worst I had ever seen. On my mini container the top actually broke so it had no lid. On my large container the product kept spewing out and it was a constant race to get the top on before I got globs of product oozing out. The cap is not the easiest thing to put on either. It's a waste of product and money!!!

So all in all. Yes, the product works on my very dry hands but the crummy packaging and harsh smell make it a no-go for me.

on 2/19/2012 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

An amazing hand cream! Since I started using this hand cream during the day I have no more dry cuticles, cracks on my knuckles or tight feeling skin. The only draw back is the price. It's pretty pricy stuff but a tube does last a pretty long time.

on 2/8/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Best hand cream ever! I work in a lab and wash my hands around 10-20 times per day, so my hands are always in need of some TLC. TBS hemp hand protector comes packaged in a really cute 100ml aluminium squeeze tube and retails for around £10. The cream itself is thick, smells very earthy – sort of like grass (hehe :) and moisturizes like an absolute dream. A small squeeze of this cream is all you need. It hydrates and softens my skin and leaves behind a wonderful protective barrier – never greasy. You only need a small amount of product so a tube will last you at least 4 months so it’s very affordable. And unlike many other hand creams, you won’t need to re-apply. Be careful with the tube though because it can tear/crack if handled a lot. My palms often sweat if they come into any contact with moisturizers and this is the only hand/body cream I can use that doesn’t turn me into Niagara falls. My favourite Body Shop product. HG

Top Rated The Body Shop Products