October 20, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by waxlips

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far the best hand cream i've tried. Apart from the smell (but you get used to it soon) i don't see any problems with it: it sinks into the skin quite fast, doesn't leave greasy feeling on your hands, and i can feel its moisturising effect as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mimepanda

Absolutely the best hand cream I have ever tried. A little bit goes a long way and my hands stay super soft and smooth even after washing. Goes on very easily and is not at all greasy or oily, not to mention it does a better job of moisturising my cuticles than other oils I've tried.

However, the packaging means that I have to squeeze very carefully when I get a new tube so that I don't get too much out at once, and it isn't cheap, but I'm on my 5th or 6th tube of the stuff and will probably never buy any other hand moisturisers again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by an0uck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had a small tube of this a few years ago in a pack I got as a gift I think, and a few months ago I decided I needed to start using a hand cream so I decided to get a tube of this. I wonder if the formula had changed over time? Or if it was more concentrated in the smaller tube? Somehow, it just wasn't as good as I remembered.
It is quite sticky rather than creamy, so it doesn't feel that moisturising. It feels tacky and oily on your skin, rather than sinking in properly. Overall I guess I wouldn't mind these as long as the product worked but I can't say I'm amazed. Rubbing it in on my hands I find it makes my nails shiny, so that oil is probably doing something right for them.
Honestly I don't think the smell is that bad. I don't think it would ever be anyone's favourite but as long as its away from your face then its manageable.
I would not buy again as its definately average, and expensive for the type of results I got. It also has silicones in it. And castor oil, which you could probably buy at the supermarket for way cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by birdland

This is absolutely the best handcream I've tried, and I've tried many. The smell and packaging will probably polarise - but I quite like them.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love it! The best hand moisturizer ever. I have really dry, rough, horrible hands and this thing has worked wonders on them. Its kind of thick so I usually just apply it at night. The debate about the smell: I donīt like it, I dontīt hate it, but even if you hate it itīs totally worth it. The package: I donīt like it, its kind of masculine and you have to gently squezze it or tons of product will squirt. The only real con I can find is the price: way too expensive. But if you can afford it I totally recommend it. Want a tip? Mix it with a litlle bit of almond oil, apply at night...and youīll get super soft hands in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by f33xc0re

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the winter, my hands can get so dry that they hurt, flake, wrinkle, and get discolored. I've tried regular lotions, oils, salves, and while my hands picked up a little of the much needed moisture, my problem persisted. After finding that this best selling body shop product was regarded so highly by so many review sites, I went out and bought it (not too cheap). Upon first smell, I wasn't sure what to think. It smells very much like a grassy hay field. I wasn't drawn to it at first, but I've grown to like the scent! It's so natural. When I put it on, it has an almost melting quality. I use it on my hands and lips, and am SO happy about my purchase! My extremely dry hands are MUCH improved.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to love this stuff, and I just remembered why! Long ago, I worked at a coffee shop, and had to constantly dunk my hands in the sanitizer to get the rags. My hands, which are already prone to dryness, just started to hate me!

I went to the Body Shop one day, and the manager suggested that I tried the cream, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was! It not only protected my hands from the water, but from the chemicals of the sanitizer!

I started buying it for my parents who owns a restaurant. And they loved it! I had an office job for a while, and didn't feel the need to use it anymore, but with my new job in food services, I'm thanking God that I have this miricle in a metal tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kfiatusheq

In winter my hands get super dry and flaky and I have tried every cream out there to try to moisturize my hands and nothing has ever worked as well as The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector.
I have been using this product for over two years and and it is still my holy grail product. I swear by this cream, and I will never ever stop repurchasing it.
The smell is not very pleasant to me, however I believe that they have recently changed the formula, because the last time I bought it, it smelled WAY nicer than before. I still don't love the scent, but I don't hate it either. It's definitely unisex and my boyfriend does not mind using it.

Overall, I recommend this to anyone who has problems with dry skin or who is looking for an amazing hand moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I love this it smells good and is nice and thick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hands are prone to dryness, but lately my hands have been so dry that my normal moisturisers have been pretty much ineffective. I'd remembered trying this instore earlier in the year and being impressed with the results after just one application. Since this morning, I've applied it 3 times and my hands have improved so much already. The flakes on the top of my hands have disappeared, the wrinkles are much less pronounced and the horrible white patches between my fingers are almost gone. They're starting to look their age again (they looked like they belonged to someone triple my age who had lived a hard life). The smell isn't amazing, but considering that perfumes tend to dry my skin, I'm grateful that nothing un-necessary seems to have been added to "pretty-up" the scent. I haven't found it to be greasy, but I think that's because my skin is so parched that most of it has been absorbed. I have never written a review so soon after purchase, but the results have been so good in such a short space of time that I had to share.