April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Hemp Hand Protector

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by f33xc0re

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the winter, my hands can get so dry that they hurt, flake, wrinkle, and get discolored. I've tried regular lotions, oils, salves, and while my hands picked up a little of the much needed moisture, my problem persisted. After finding that this best selling body shop product was regarded so highly by so many review sites, I went out and bought it (not too cheap). Upon first smell, I wasn't sure what to think. It smells very much like a grassy hay field. I wasn't drawn to it at first, but I've grown to like the scent! It's so natural. When I put it on, it has an almost melting quality. I use it on my hands and lips, and am SO happy about my purchase! My extremely dry hands are MUCH improved.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:20:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to love this stuff, and I just remembered why! Long ago, I worked at a coffee shop, and had to constantly dunk my hands in the sanitizer to get the rags. My hands, which are already prone to dryness, just started to hate me!

I went to the Body Shop one day, and the manager suggested that I tried the cream, and I couldn't believe how amazing it was! It not only protected my hands from the water, but from the chemicals of the sanitizer!

I started buying it for my parents who owns a restaurant. And they loved it! I had an office job for a while, and didn't feel the need to use it anymore, but with my new job in food services, I'm thanking God that I have this miricle in a metal tube!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kfiatusheq

In winter my hands get super dry and flaky and I have tried every cream out there to try to moisturize my hands and nothing has ever worked as well as The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector.
I have been using this product for over two years and and it is still my holy grail product. I swear by this cream, and I will never ever stop repurchasing it.
The smell is not very pleasant to me, however I believe that they have recently changed the formula, because the last time I bought it, it smelled WAY nicer than before. I still don't love the scent, but I don't hate it either. It's definitely unisex and my boyfriend does not mind using it.

Overall, I recommend this to anyone who has problems with dry skin or who is looking for an amazing hand moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

I love this it smells good and is nice and thick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 6:04:00 AM More reviews by blushie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My hands are prone to dryness, but lately my hands have been so dry that my normal moisturisers have been pretty much ineffective. I'd remembered trying this instore earlier in the year and being impressed with the results after just one application. Since this morning, I've applied it 3 times and my hands have improved so much already. The flakes on the top of my hands have disappeared, the wrinkles are much less pronounced and the horrible white patches between my fingers are almost gone. They're starting to look their age again (they looked like they belonged to someone triple my age who had lived a hard life). The smell isn't amazing, but considering that perfumes tend to dry my skin, I'm grateful that nothing un-necessary seems to have been added to "pretty-up" the scent. I haven't found it to be greasy, but I think that's because my skin is so parched that most of it has been absorbed. I have never written a review so soon after purchase, but the results have been so good in such a short space of time that I had to share.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This hand cream is the best one I've ever used, and I've used A LOT. I have extremely dry hands that get really bad eczema, especially if they get wet. This is one of the few lotions that keeps dryness in check without irritating my skin. It's really thick and hydrating, so I can see how some might find it too heavy, but for hands that need serious moisture it's amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 1:56:00 AM More reviews by kirikadawn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Due to my work I wash my hands countless times every day and needless to say, that leads to extremely dry skin, in the winter even cracking and bleeding. But this hand cream saves the day! It moisturizes like nothing else. I use it at night because it doesn't sink in fast and leaves a hemp scent to my hands, neither of which I can have on my hands when working. But by the morning, my hands are back to normal, ready for another day that wreaks havoc on them.
The packaging however truly sucks. I've gone through three tubes by now and on every tube, the cap has broken and it makes for a messy and unhygienic package.
So in short:
Pros - saves even the most desperate hands, does it fast.
Cons - bad packaging, smell, takes a long time to absorb.
I am definitely buying it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by klove07

my hands are terribly dry, this product worked wonders! i got it on sale the large one for $10 and it was worth every penny spent :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by CathySinMN

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best hand lotion for dry hands ever!!! I have used it for years and bought at least 20 tubes of the stuff. I have it at the office, by the bed, in the bathroom and a thousand other places. It's great for keeping dry hands from cracking! Some people don't like the smell, but it's just not girly.

The body cream is pretty nice too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Saskie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This might be the best hand cream I have ever used. I have tried a lot of different ones from Aveno to Mary Kay and nothing works like Hemp Hand Protector does. Non-greasy, highly moisturizing and reasonably priced; this is a hard one to beat. My husband's hands were cracked and bleeding in the extreme winter conditions we have here, but they are completely cured by Hemp Hand Protector. I always have at least one tube of this excellent product and put one out for hubby as well. We both love it. The smell is a little earthy for me, but I can forgive it in light of the other qualities.