December 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 4:57:00 PM More reviews by christineannmarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have tried EVERYTHING ON THE MARKET with the hopes of extending the life of my polish past a day or two. This is the first product I have found to actually make a difference!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Samanthaiam

A basecoat that really "bonds" to your nails. A thin layer is all that's needed to make your manicures last and last. I do give my nails a break from it though every 3 weeks because the chemicals are rather harsh.

Edit: I have since stopped using bonder as a base coat. I found after a while it really dried out my nails. I still use it to help seal in glitter on top but not as a base. I now ONLY use orly nailtrition as my base coat all the time and it's wonderful, my nails are healthy and strong.

I also love to use this as a topcoat when I wear glitter, instead of several coats of topcoat I need one coat of bonder to smooth it all out.

A great product with multi purposes!! Will definitely buy again :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by achaea

This basecoat has generally been working well for me - except when I use a nail strengthening treatment or don't use bonder directly on my nail. Then polish chips as normal, and occasionally peels off in rubberized sheets.

The strange thing about this product is that on my nails, whenever I use it the tips of my nails curl up very very slightly within hours. That can't be good! I've tested it with various nails at the same time and the same polish, top coat, but different base coats - insta-curl (which goes away after a few days of using something else, usually a nail strengthener like Nailtek's).

It *could* be due to my wrapping the basecoat around my nail tips, and so there's extra base coat on the underside as well, perhaps? If so, that's a bad idea with this product.

edit: (Update 3 weeks later): And oh hey, the tips of my nails are stained orange now :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Sashayy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

this is my favourite base coat. I've tried others, including Orly's own Top/Bottom (gross stuff, that!) and I keep coming back to this one. It makes my OPI and Essie polishes last long, and keeps dark polishes from staining my nails. Must have in my beauty repertoire!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by amazinghollisterchic123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product for $3-4 dollars at a discount salon store. So, it was a pretty food deal. I did a hungaer games nail design using this base coat 4 days ago, and my nails still look fresh and new! I LOVE IT! I WILL buy this again! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 10:29:00 PM More reviews by scarymonster742

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this because so many people seem to love it! I guess its a body chemistry thing, but it did not work for me at all. My polish peeled off in sheets every time I used it. And it stained my nails an orangey color.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

I saw this recommended online on some beauty site and thought it would be a great base coat. I tried it many times and didn't find that it performed well. It feels like it never really dries, doesn't make your polish last longer, and it's over-priced. I had my polish start to peel the very next day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I didn't realize it, but I wasn't REALLY using this stuff to its full potential until I tried the bonder "sandwich" (or the sticky sandwich- if you Google either, lots of results come up). Let me just say that the lasting power of a manicure using this technique is fantastic! I have had manicures last for 8-10 days, easily, with only minor tip wear. I've been using this technique steadily with every manicure now for months, as I only change my polish once a week. I definitely recommend this product and the sandwich technique. Try it- I think you'll be impressed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

BEST BASE COAT EVER. It's my new HG. I'm one of those people who can't keep nail polish on their fingers for more than a day, and this really helps! My polish lasts for a week now! It dries quickly and is super smooth, and really does grip the polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by AmandaNoelle82

Best base coat I've used, hands down. My nail polish doesn't chip for days, nor does it allow certain reds to stain my fingernails despite using a base coat. This really grips the polish and gives you a smooth base to work from. I don't need a ridge filler, either.