October 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I didn't realize it, but I wasn't REALLY using this stuff to its full potential until I tried the bonder "sandwich" (or the sticky sandwich- if you Google either, lots of results come up). Let me just say that the lasting power of a manicure using this technique is fantastic! I have had manicures last for 8-10 days, easily, with only minor tip wear. I've been using this technique steadily with every manicure now for months, as I only change my polish once a week. I definitely recommend this product and the sandwich technique. Try it- I think you'll be impressed!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Haruhi13

BEST BASE COAT EVER. It's my new HG. I'm one of those people who can't keep nail polish on their fingers for more than a day, and this really helps! My polish lasts for a week now! It dries quickly and is super smooth, and really does grip the polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by AmandaNoelle82

Best base coat I've used, hands down. My nail polish doesn't chip for days, nor does it allow certain reds to stain my fingernails despite using a base coat. This really grips the polish and gives you a smooth base to work from. I don't need a ridge filler, either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LadyCleopatra

I was very impressed with this product! I have tried so many different nail products that claim to keep polish from chipping or wearing, but this stuff REALLY works! I was so happy! I was wearing acrylic nails for a while because I can never keep nail polish on without chipping for more than a day it seems like, but i got tired of the acrylic nails and took them off. Like I said nail polish on my natural nails never stays on for long so it was hardly worth it to paint my nails. I tried the Orly rubberized formula as a base coat and then applied the nail polish and the polish stayed on without chipping at all for about 4-5 days! I even went bowling and the polish didnt chip. this stuff is HG! will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by joeywin

I can not believe this product works! I was doubtful, but it really does. I am one of those people who can not wear polish for more than a day without it chipping, the manicure with this stuff as the base, is on day four without any chips! For me, that's nothing short of impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I think this is the best base coat I've used. It makes my hairs shinny even after I remove the nail polish. The polish goes on very nicely and doesn't chip until days. I'm going to try Orly other nail products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ainslieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I usually have polish chip off within the first day or two of painting my nails but I can get about a week of wear with this product. I put a coat on each nail and allowed fifteen minutes to pass before I put on polish. I then used OPI nail polish, so I am not sure if that aids in the no chipping? I have yet to use this product with an inexpensive polish, so I don't know if it would hold up as well in that case. I used one coat of Bonder, two coats of polish, and topped off with Orly's Won't Chip topcoat. I allow fifteen minutes of dy time between each coat, and I really think that is key to helping your manicure last.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by borga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this product because of all the wonderful reviews on it over the internet. overall, it's a really OK product, but i expected it to be a lot better. for me it usually lasts 3-5 days without chipping. i really like the rubberized handle and the brush, the application is easy. it doesn't stain or yellow my nails. in my opinion, the biggest downside of this base coat is that sometimes i get quite annoying peeling at the tips of my nails (my actual nails, not the polish) and sometimes the polish doesn't chip, but just starts peeling off. that doesn't happen every time i use this base coat, so i guess i'll just have to find out what causes it. i still like this base coat a lot and most likely i will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really wonderful base coat. It's sticky and holds my nail polish really well. My nail polish glides easily over this. Some people complain that it stains their nails, and it does, but not drastically. I have noticed a slight peachy stain on my nails, but it's nothing really noticeable. You have to point it out to people in order for them to notice. This fills over any ridges and seals the gap between peeling layers of nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just an OK product for me neither good neither bad. I like the brush a lot and the rubberized handle dries shinny and leaves a sticky texture on the nail. Creates a smooth surface to apply your nail polish. I dont find my nail polish to last longer when I use this. Lasts as usually 2 to three days without chipping. I dont really have any kind of problems with this product I like it I will probably buy it again its just that its not like a miracle product or something works well and protects my nails from staining very well. Its slightly on the expensive side thats why I had really high hopes. Another think that I noticed is that the consistency is slightly watery its for sure thinner compared to other base coats Ive tried but that doesnt seem to have any effect on the results neither good neither bad.