September 2, 2014 | 2056 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LadyCleopatra

I was very impressed with this product! I have tried so many different nail products that claim to keep polish from chipping or wearing, but this stuff REALLY works! I was so happy! I was wearing acrylic nails for a while because I can never keep nail polish on without chipping for more than a day it seems like, but i got tired of the acrylic nails and took them off. Like I said nail polish on my natural nails never stays on for long so it was hardly worth it to paint my nails. I tried the Orly rubberized formula as a base coat and then applied the nail polish and the polish stayed on without chipping at all for about 4-5 days! I even went bowling and the polish didnt chip. this stuff is HG! will definitely purchase again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by joeywin

I can not believe this product works! I was doubtful, but it really does. I am one of those people who can not wear polish for more than a day without it chipping, the manicure with this stuff as the base, is on day four without any chips! For me, that's nothing short of impressive.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I think this is the best base coat I've used. It makes my hairs shinny even after I remove the nail polish. The polish goes on very nicely and doesn't chip until days. I'm going to try Orly other nail products!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by ainslieann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I usually have polish chip off within the first day or two of painting my nails but I can get about a week of wear with this product. I put a coat on each nail and allowed fifteen minutes to pass before I put on polish. I then used OPI nail polish, so I am not sure if that aids in the no chipping? I have yet to use this product with an inexpensive polish, so I don't know if it would hold up as well in that case. I used one coat of Bonder, two coats of polish, and topped off with Orly's Won't Chip topcoat. I allow fifteen minutes of dy time between each coat, and I really think that is key to helping your manicure last.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2011 4:17:00 PM More reviews by borga

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought this product because of all the wonderful reviews on it over the internet. overall, it's a really OK product, but i expected it to be a lot better. for me it usually lasts 3-5 days without chipping. i really like the rubberized handle and the brush, the application is easy. it doesn't stain or yellow my nails. in my opinion, the biggest downside of this base coat is that sometimes i get quite annoying peeling at the tips of my nails (my actual nails, not the polish) and sometimes the polish doesn't chip, but just starts peeling off. that doesn't happen every time i use this base coat, so i guess i'll just have to find out what causes it. i still like this base coat a lot and most likely i will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really wonderful base coat. It's sticky and holds my nail polish really well. My nail polish glides easily over this. Some people complain that it stains their nails, and it does, but not drastically. I have noticed a slight peachy stain on my nails, but it's nothing really noticeable. You have to point it out to people in order for them to notice. This fills over any ridges and seals the gap between peeling layers of nail.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just an OK product for me neither good neither bad. I like the brush a lot and the rubberized handle dries shinny and leaves a sticky texture on the nail. Creates a smooth surface to apply your nail polish. I dont find my nail polish to last longer when I use this. Lasts as usually 2 to three days without chipping. I dont really have any kind of problems with this product I like it I will probably buy it again its just that its not like a miracle product or something works well and protects my nails from staining very well. Its slightly on the expensive side thats why I had really high hopes. Another think that I noticed is that the consistency is slightly watery its for sure thinner compared to other base coats Ive tried but that doesnt seem to have any effect on the results neither good neither bad.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by sweaterbrau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had really high hopes for this product based upon the majority of favorable reviews I had read online. I purchased it several months ago hoping to make it my new HG of base coats. Initially, I was completely thrilled with this stuff. It goes on like a dream and dries to a velvety texture. Nail polish even seemed to apply better over top of it. Then came the real test...would it stand up to the claims of extending the polish to 2 weeks? Meh, not so much. My manicures weren't lasting much beyond my normal 3-4 days without chipping. I wasn't too upset, though, considering all the other pros that I got out of it. I have generally healthy nails that I don't have a problem growing out. I started to notice that every time I used this base coat I'd get some pretty severe peeling at the tips of my nails (my actual nails, NOT just the polish). I got suspicious and switched base coats and the problem stopped. A few weeks passed and I remembered how awesome I thought Bonder was initially, so I gave it another chance. SAME RESULTS. My recovered, healthy nails weakened and peeled up in sheets! I don't know what it is about the formula of this product, but it doesn't do what it claims it will and it wrecks my nails! I only saw one other reviewer who cited the peeling this stuff causes, but be really cautious when you start using it. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by breeknee

What this product essentially does is that it dries into a sticky, rubbery feeling texture that "grips" your nail polish, giving it more staying power.

I have very thin, very bendable nails (see my notepad for my nail polish routine if you have similar issues) and I cannot usually get more than one, maybe two day's wear out of polishes, which is fine because I am a serial polish-changer. Despite my personal attributes, this base keeps my polish on for the longest amount of time.

Do a relatively thin coat, make sure to cover the entire nail, wrap the tip if you want too, and make sure it dries for a bit before applying nail polish, that way the polish has the rubberized coat to grip onto. Also try making a "sandwich" where you apply Bonder>Polish Coats>Bonder>Topcoat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I have been wanting to try this base coat for a long time but was trying to use up what I had but I don't think that's going to happen because keep buying new products, including base coats. Oh well. I got this at CVS and I had a coupon so the price came down a bit. At almost $8 a bottle I find this stuff to be a bit high in price, however, I was happy with the initial results. I used a strengthening treatment first, then the Orly bonder, then two coats of Zoya Ivanka NP, followed up with one coat of Poshe TC. My manicure has lasted three days with no chips and minimal tipwear. The bonder seemed to make the NP stick to it as I was applying which I guess is one main concept behind the product. I only gave the "Packaging" 3 stars as the brush is very thin and I prefer a wider brush but I like the rubbery top on the bottle--it makes it easier to open. I will most likely purchase this product again with CVS discounts.