April 16, 2014 | 1465 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Fibergash6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Absorbs alot of product. Hairs seperate after use. Decent brush but expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is great for placing products like primers or if you want to just go ahead an apply your foundation. It can be a bit streaky so you have to really work it in. It takes a bit more effort but it's worth it. It's a product i definitely like having in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

I have had this brush since 2003 and it is still in terrific condition - not to mention, it applies blush like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:47:00 PM More reviews by briii

this is a great brush. i use it everyday, but not for foundation. i perfer the 187 or 130 brush for foundation over the 190. when i tried this for foundation application, my foundation always came out streaky. its not a bad brush though. ive found that this is better for my undereyes. it gets in there nicely and its easier to get closer to the eye than with the skunk brushes. this is a great brush for concealing my undereyes. i wont use it for foundation though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by coletteJ

all around great brush. I've had mine for years and its holding up beautifully. Its so nice and smooth for foundation or cream blush application. I would (and have) repurchased due to losing it. turns out coat pockets aren't so great for transport.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the Foundation brush that I'm using at the moment. I got this from one of my MUA swap. I've been trying to collect brushes that I needed for my everyday use at the moment and this is one of those brushes that I normally use everyday.

I'm not a big fan of MAC brushes, but I do love this. Only that the bristles of this brush is too long for me, making it hard to control. The brush itself doesn't shred that fast, compare to the other MAC brushes that I have.

I would not repurchase this brush from MAC in my own opinion, I think I would move on to my Smashbox Brush Fetish. LOL!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am afraid this brush was a disappointment. It's really streaky. It takes me forever to get my foundation to apply smoothly. It's really not worth the time or the effort for me. I much prefer to use a sponge or my 188 for liquid foundation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I will stick with my flat top buffing brushes. This brush just makes me feel like i am painting a wall with streaks. It does not actually buff the makeup into my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by RJJ

Soft but not good for foundation IMO. It leaves my foundation really streaky and I end up using a lot more product as I dont feel I get an equal coverage so I have to keep layering before i can blend!
For reference i use it with the mac studio tech foundation. I think the MAC 130 is a much better option, dont waste 25 on this brush, not worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 9:14:00 AM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have the SE 2007 Antiquitease Heirlooms edition.
I like this brush well enough. I really loved it at first for my foundation, but, since then Ive decided I prefer the 187.
I dont really care for the streaky finish it leaves, the way it seems to absorb all of the foundation before I can use it, or the 'painting' feeling.
I still use it - for cleaning sharp edges on my eyeshadow, or I imagine I would if I ever needed to use concealer on a large surface, but, otherwise, I cant say I really have a use for this brush anymore.
We had alot of fun at first, but, Ive had to move on.
Still though, my personal preference aside, its an okay brush; feels soft, cleans well, never sheds, and maintains its shape. Not bad if you prefer to paint foundation rather than stipple.