MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

I go back and forth on the MAC 190. I really wanted to adore it, but I might be trying alternatives soon. While the 190 applies my MAC studio fix fluid foundation beautifully, it's not without much CLEANING and prep work. The issue is that the 190's firmly packed bristles RAPIDLY collect and solidify product. If one isn't careful to reclean promptly, the brush becomes rigid and unusable.
The cleaning process itself is a hassle since the bristles just seem to hold stubbornly to all of the foundations I've used it for. Also, the bristles split and tend to cause a streaky effect once the product starts to dry on the brush... which is usually after 10 seconds of first application!

Ironically, I think I would rebuy this if ever it broke. It's one of those face brushes that a MAC makeup guru needs to have. It comes in handy, hassle and all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've had the 190 for five years now and until I recently discovered the amazing power of duo-fiber brushes I was pretty happy with it. It gets the job done, and as far as flat synthetic foundation brushes go, this is as good as it gets. It's held up well and hasn't shed a single hair since I got it. It is a bit tough to clean as the bristles are packed tightly together, but you're going to have the same problem with any brush of similar construction. The reason I switched over to the duo fiber was that this brush does in fact leave behind a bit of streaky brush marks and it can be hard to blend them out without loosing foundation coverage. I'm still glad I have it in my collection though.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

it's a nice product but it takes to long to apply the foundation and then i need a sponge to blend everything out how i like it. i just use it sometimes to dot the foundation on my face and then blend everything with my beauty blender.

love this for my concealer, the only thing i hated was the shorter bristles would prick my face

Great brush! Unfortunately my foundation dries way too quickly for me to use this brush. I find, although it sounds strange, that the #130 works better for me and gives me better coverage, with less foundation.

This brush soaks up a lot of foundation and is very hard to clean and takes long time to dry. I went back to my bobbi brown foundation brush which perform much better and easier to clean.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Been using it for 6 months and will stop using it. Don't like it, seems to 'rough' and takes too much time. My make up applies streaky with this and I always have to end application with my hands to even everything out. The warmth of my hands makes the make up finally melt into my skin. So I guess this brush is a waste of time since I get better results using my bare hands...

I wanted to love it cos' it looks so fancy:)
EDIT: Beautyblender has knocked this brush out of my beauty case for good.

Haven't noticed mine apply streaky at all. Love it!! Don't think I will need to repurchase because they are pretty durable.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Even though this can apply a little streaky sometimes, it's a very nice brush. it's very soft and has no shedding. im looking for multiple uses for it,haha. plus i just love the look of mac's brushes for some reason.
i only put would not buy again because i only need one :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Great foundation brush although has to be washed very often. Some complain of streaks with the 190 but working it with a circular motion produces really flawless results (I use NARS Sheer Glow foundation). Great brush; the best foundation brush I have used thus far.

Popular Makeup Brushes