Remington Wet 2 Straight

3.6

on 1/26/2009 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i would not buy this product..i have to run it over my hair a couple of times befor my hair actuall straightens ....if i were going to get it and and read some reviews befor...i wouldn't get it.I think you should just waste your money on somthing else or waste a couple more bucks on somthing good!

on 1/20/2009 12:42:00 AM

I can't believe all of the negative reviews about this straightener...I LOVE it!!! Then again, I never use it on wet or damp hair because I don't need to damage my hair any further than heat styling already does. I put the heat setting on 25 and use it on my frizzy wavy hair and it smooths it so well while giving it body instead of that "stuck straight to my head" look. Two of my sisters also use this straightener. I've had mine for over a year and it's still going strong!

on 1/16/2009 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Really bad iron, at least for me. I never use it on wet hair, maybe that is my problem? But I have wavy hair, a lot of it, but fine in texture. This iron takes forever to do much of anything. I use the highest setting for dry hair, and I go over and over my hair with barely any results. It have to run it over the same spot at least 5 times to straighten it much. And the end result is my hair looks straight, but with some waves still here and there, and kinda frizzy rather than smooth and sleek. The buttons also are in a bad place, I often accidentally hit one and turned down the heat while straightening. I'm now buying a new, more expensive FHI iron that I my stepmom uses. I've used it before and it works infinitely better than this one.

on 1/12/2009 5:09:00 PM

My MIL has this and let me tell you, everytime i borrow it from her i cringe at the fact that my hair is literally BURNING. It smells like it's on fire and the whole fact that straightening your hair when it's still wet makes me cringe!

on 1/12/2009 3:36:00 PM

I like this product, but I wouldn't say its the best. It does a decent job of getting my hair straightened. It is nice to be able to skip blow drying or air drying, however I do notice it gives me a million fly aways. I try to tame them but they wont go down. So it is worth the time saved, but I dont like the fly aways. I havent noticed any damage to my hair from this, and even though it says it wont, I still cant help but worry. I try to keep my use to a minimum, but over all its an okay product

on 1/5/2009 11:42:00 PM

This did not work for me at all, I think my hair is too thick. I tried using it on wet hair, damp hair, and mostly dry hair and it never worked. My hair often got caught in it which is definitely NOT fun. I took mine back to Target.

on 12/28/2008 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is not an amazing miracle straightening iron, but it gets the job done really well actually!! It straightens my wavy hair but yet doesn't straighten and flaten it to the point of heavy lifeless, flat against my head hair! I used it on towel dried hair and i'll admit it took about 15 minutes all in all to get my hair PRETTY dry but not completely. I love this for a simpiler beauty routine, for when say your not at your house or on vacation.

on 12/25/2008 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think i have the 2 inch old version of this. I've had it for about 4 years and it still works. I feel this is an average straightener. It does the job, but if you have wavy and frizzy hair and you want to get it pin straight, it will take you forever.... actually for me, i never achieved pin straight hair with this thing no matter how many times I used it. The one I have is heavy too so it gets tiring after a while. Oh, and don't use this with wet hair because it will take you an hour to two hours (maybe more) to get your hair straighten and dried. You're better off with a blow dryer and then straighten afterwards. Plus, I think using this on wet hair will pretty much cook your hair, which means more frizz... and we don't want that now do we? Overall, this was my expected first experience with an old style drug store straightener. I will be purchasing a ceramic one next.

I love this thing! I had originally purchased one for my mom, and then I started borrowing it and didn’t want to give it back!! So, after she fought me for it, I brought my own…lol….It leaves my long hair dead straight….My hair is already naturally straight, but its damaged, but after I use Loreal’s heat protecting cream and my Alter Ego on my hair, and do the Iron, my hair looks nice and healthy and lasts me about a week….as a matter of fact, today is raining in NYC, and my hair is not frizzy at all! I highly recommend this product! It heats fast, has temperature control, it’s a great product!

on 11/7/2008 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

When I first bought this, I was in love with it...but then, 2 months later, it started to go bad on me which sucked because it has a 30 day money back guarantee. It never fully dries my hair, it's still a little frizzy and poofy. I have very thick, very frizzy, very poofy, pin straight asian hair and I bought to make my hair more sleek and shiny. It only works well on my hair when it's fully dry and I have chest length hair. The reason I bought this one instead of others was because I read in a magazine that this should have been good for my type of hair and to be honest, it was the one of the worst purchases I ever made. I would suggest this to people with thinner hair than mine, but I would probably just say save up and get a better quality straightener. There are better ones out there.

Top Rated Remington Products