CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 9/3/2013 5:10:00 PM

I like this lotion even though I do not have dry skin. This moisturizer is light and doesn't clog pores!

on 9/1/2013 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I recently bought Cerave body moisturizer while at my local Target. My dermatologist has mentioned this before so I picked up a bottle while perusing the ailes. I like it. I don't love it. Just like. It is NOT a light weight hand or body cream that disappears when you rub it in. But it is also not super heavy like vaseline or zinc oxide. This quenched my skin after use but it is watery. It seemed oderless to me, and I am sensitive about smells. I love that is has no smell. Perfect! When you rub this on your arm you feel like you are putting water evenly mixed with a soft lotion. And it takes a bit of time to dry. Think 20 mintues. And even 1 hour later your skin feels good. Quenched! If you are able to take a test. Put Cerave on one arm and another product on the other. Walk around Target or whereever for at least 10 minutes and touch your skin again. Which one feels better? I bet you would notice the Cerave arm feels good. I did this. I tested it and bought the Cerave.

Cerave has this controlled release mositure delivery system. This means if you rub this on your skin after a bath or shower hours later your skin will feel moist. Or at least better. It offers a time release of moisture on to your skin. With other body creams you find you need to frequently apply them to feel less dry. Cerave is designed to be absorbed over time. Ceraves patented multivesicular emulsion technology is a two-phase system. (according to thier web site) You get one dose as you rub it on your skin and then over time more is released through ingredients like vitamin B Niacins. Niacinamide has been proven to boost the skins production of ceramide. Skin retains water better with this formulation.

I see why Dermatologists recommend this product. It does the trick of offering mositure without harming the skin. It is gentle. Does not irritate the skin and soaks in nicely. I found it to last. Another little test I do is put lotion on my feet after a tub or at the end of a long work day. With some lotions Sauve, Johnson and Johnsons, Cetaphil.. I have to reapply an hour later. Skin still feels dry, But with Cerave I found one application for the evening was perfect. I did not need to do more. I would not use this formualtion on my face. This is more for body, arms, legs, feet...The face needs something slightly different. I need to investigate Cerave's facial products. I am thinking they might be a great addition to might nightly routine.

What I don't like!!!! I did not give this a 5, I am still waiting to see if could break me out. My concern is the parabens. My other concern is the watery feeling and it takes some time to blend this lotion into your skin otherwise you feel wet. If you put this on right after the shower plan on sitting around in a towel for a good 20 minutes before dressing for work or your silk blouse will be destroyed. This is an after work after bath kind of loiton.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I usually don't use drugstore skincare, as some dermatologists recommend Cerave Lotion I decided to give it a go. It turns out to be irritating on me! I had a stinging feeling on my skin after I applied it on my face and my cheeks turned red, and I started to break out after a few days. This is the worst moisturizer I've ever tried in my life!!!

on 8/30/2013 6:16:00 PM

I'm on my third bottle of this now. I finally realized my scented body lotions were just not doing a good job hydrating my skin so I decided to try this. I love this product, after a shower it goes on really well and never feels heavy or greasy. It turns out I prefer not to use scented body lotions anyhow - there is no interference with my perfume or anything. I have now used this throughout a cold season and hot summer and have had really well moisturized skin with no dry patches like I normally do. My body skin looks really nice. I am going to continue purchasing this for my body only, I do not use on my face. I normally wait for the CVS BOGO free or 50% off and a bottle lasts a long time if used right after a shower. I do not like that the pump flakes out at the end - I end up taking the pump out and dumping out a lot more product long after the pump dies. Although that can be nature of pumps, it is annoying nonetheless.

I was using this product for quite a while...a year or two maybe? I'm pretty certain this was contributing to my acne in a mild way. I found it didn't hydrate very well at all, and often I experienced a burning sensation because my skin was getting so dry! Also, the more you apply the more you can feel a layer of this on your skin.

This is a very good price for a decent product. It's definitely not a bad moisturizer, but it isn't great either. I wouldn't particularly recommend it.

on 7/31/2013 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I lovelovelovelovelove it!!! I will forever stick this moisturizer for my face(: It is not greasy in ANY WAY. It feels like you're putting ceeamy water on your face tgat moisturizes it so well. LOVE IT

on 7/31/2013 9:40:00 AM

This is an excellent moisturiser. It is highly recommended by Dermatologists for a reason. Try it, and you likely won't regret it.

on 7/27/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

On my second bottle of this now. I have very dry skin (body not face) and I get psoriasis and eczema on occasion. This moisturizes but doesn't feel heavy or tacky on my skin, it absorbs quickly and is great to use when I just want to apply something quick and leave for work. I love that it has little to no fragrance and doesn't make my skin red or itchy. It's not really moisturizing enough for extremely dry winter skin imo but it does a great job in the summer. Would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm in love with this stuff. My face has been extremely dry because I just started using panoxyl. It's been red, itchy, and irritated but this stuff helps it so much. When applied onto my irritated skin it does not sting at all. It never leaves my skin feeling oily or greasy. My face feels so smooth and hydrated! Love it.

on 7/24/2013 5:38:00 PM

Cerave has seperate lotions for face and body. The lotion pictured above is for the body. I just bought this lotion today and will post an update. The intention of this post is to help others pick the right lotion. Dimethecone in the body lotion may clog facial pores.