NARS Amour

4.5

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Acetylated, Lanolin Alcohol, Cetyl Acetate, Isopropyl Lanolate, BHA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan MAY CONTAIN: Mica,CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499 (Iron Oxides) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake) CI 45380 (Red 22 Lake) CI 45410 (Red 28 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36 Lake) CI 12085 (Red 36) CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake) CI 77007 (Ultramarines) CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder) CI 15850 (Red 7)

on 11/18/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use Orgasm but I opted for this once I ran out, since I wasn't too into the glitter. It's very highly pigmented (moreso than Orgasm), which can be both a pro and a con. I hardly tap my blush brush onto the surface and I get a lot of color out of it. Thus, it has lasted forever.
The color is perfect.

on 11/9/2010 4:41:00 AM

People often described Amour as the matte version of Orgasm. IMO, orgasm still a bit more pink than Amour. I don't know why I rarely pick up this blush. Amour is such a pretty colour on the pan and on my face. I guessed maybe i'm more fond of the shimmery blush than the matte one. The same with Orgasm, i think Amour is best suited for lighter skintone. http://aboutagirl.onsugar.com/Review-NARS-Blushes-Swatches-11880958

on 10/25/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My first ever NARS blush. Just bought it yesterday and now I know why women are crazy about NARS blush. I love the color, good for daytime as well as night time. A little goes a LONG way so, I don't know if I'm ever gonna hit the pan. But this blush made me consider other NARS colors.

on 10/15/2010 12:57:00 PM

Love, love, love. This color works beautifully on my N20 skin. As other reviews have said, this powder is really pigmented and glides on with a good powder brush effortlessly. Honestly, this color would be so flattering when applied with a light hand on a variety of skin colors. I popped it on my sister's cheeks (NC25), and she instantly looked gorgeous. I don't know if I'll be able to afford it again, but other than that, no complaints.

on 9/29/2010 10:30:00 PM

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I have recently been on a NARS kick and have been happy with everything and this blush is no exception. Great pigmentation and texture and having had other NARS blushes I knew to start lightly with this but it is hard to make a mistake. Whether I layer this over a powder foundation or liquid the color stays true and still in place at the end of the day. I was looking for something that would work with a variety of lip colors and this fits the bill.
A few days after I purchased this my married daughter 'borrowed' it and asked if she could keep it-it looked so great on her. I was happy to let keep it and bought myself another one.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

As many have commented, "Amour" is a color that looks beautiful with varying skin tones. My skin goes from pale to tan to pale again very easily and I've discovered that this blush looks amazing regardless. It's great for daytime or night, as well. I'd describe it as a deep coral with a hint of rosyness, no shimmer included. I know "Orgasm" is the holy grail blush of MUA, and don't get me wrong I love that one too, but "Amour" is as close to a personal HG blush as I've ever gotten, 2 thumbs up!

on 9/18/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a really beautiful blush that I can see complimenting many different skintones. If you like deep throat but don't like shimmer in your blushes I recommend amour- it's a bit like deep throat with a good dose of coral and a matte finish (which I prefer as I don't want to highlight the pores on my cheeks). $26 is really expensive for a blush but it will last you FOREVER I seriously can't see myself ever hitting pan, because I literally pat my blush brush in the pan once for each cheek and that's PLENTY of color.The packaging is gorgeous but annoying as I apply my foundation with my fingers and then my blush so I have foundation colored finger prints all over it, which is a pain in the ass to take off. Nars blushes in general are a great investment, and amour is one of my special favorites. I'm NW20 for reference.

on 9/16/2010 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This another blush that is crazy pigmented. It'd say this is a vivid coral with no shimmer. Just a tiny swipe of the brush and that goes a long way. As with all Nars blushes they are extrememly pigmented and will last a lifetime. The compact is partly why I get suckered, I just love Nars packaging. This blush is great, however I have to admit it's very close to fleur power and instant chic. I don't see the point in owning all 3. If you have any of the 3 I listed, you don't need the others. I would probably not repurchase only because this will last forever and I have the other 2 mentioned as well. My picture is of the 3 blush comparisons.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is a great everyday blush for nc42/tan skin. I've been using it for 2 years and don't know why I haven't reviewed it yet. The peachy-pink slightly coral color looks just right, gives a nice pop of color for every day. I use this color more in the spring/summer as my daytime color since it has no shimmer. If I ever hit pan, I will 100% re-purchase it.
update 11/10: So this is pretty much the only color I've been wearing during the day for the past 2 months. It just gives me such a healthy glow, i love it<3

on 9/8/2010 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have heard from multiple sources that NARS has the best blush, quality wise. I never really thought about it, I'm like "eh, blush is blush". Then I actually bought one. OH MY JESUS. The consistency is amazing, it's like somehow creamy and amazingly blendable, and highly pigmented, so you really don't need to use a lot of product. I see what the hype is about. Now, on to this specific color: unfortunately I do not like it, on me, I feel the undertone is too reddish, which bothers me, as I tend to like more peachy colors. I will probably return/exchange this COLOR but there is no doubt I'll be buying more NARS blushes.

Popular Blush Products