January 26, 2015 | 938 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by citygirl05

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I have recently been on a NARS kick and have been happy with everything and this blush is no exception. Great pigmentation and texture and having had other NARS blushes I knew to start lightly with this but it is hard to make a mistake. Whether I layer this over a powder foundation or liquid the color stays true and still in place at the end of the day. I was looking for something that would work with a variety of lip colors and this fits the bill.
A few days after I purchased this my married daughter 'borrowed' it and asked if she could keep it-it looked so great on her. I was happy to let keep it and bought myself another one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As many have commented, "Amour" is a color that looks beautiful with varying skin tones. My skin goes from pale to tan to pale again very easily and I've discovered that this blush looks amazing regardless. It's great for daytime or night, as well. I'd describe it as a deep coral with a hint of rosyness, no shimmer included. I know "Orgasm" is the holy grail blush of MUA, and don't get me wrong I love that one too, but "Amour" is as close to a personal HG blush as I've ever gotten, 2 thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by spriley1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really beautiful blush that I can see complimenting many different skintones. If you like deep throat but don't like shimmer in your blushes I recommend amour- it's a bit like deep throat with a good dose of coral and a matte finish (which I prefer as I don't want to highlight the pores on my cheeks). $26 is really expensive for a blush but it will last you FOREVER I seriously can't see myself ever hitting pan, because I literally pat my blush brush in the pan once for each cheek and that's PLENTY of color.The packaging is gorgeous but annoying as I apply my foundation with my fingers and then my blush so I have foundation colored finger prints all over it, which is a pain in the ass to take off. Nars blushes in general are a great investment, and amour is one of my special favorites. I'm NW20 for reference.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This another blush that is crazy pigmented. It'd say this is a vivid coral with no shimmer. Just a tiny swipe of the brush and that goes a long way. As with all Nars blushes they are extrememly pigmented and will last a lifetime. The compact is partly why I get suckered, I just love Nars packaging. This blush is great, however I have to admit it's very close to fleur power and instant chic. I don't see the point in owning all 3. If you have any of the 3 I listed, you don't need the others. I would probably not repurchase only because this will last forever and I have the other 2 mentioned as well. My picture is of the 3 blush comparisons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great everyday blush for nc42/tan skin. I've been using it for 2 years and don't know why I haven't reviewed it yet. The peachy-pink slightly coral color looks just right, gives a nice pop of color for every day. I use this color more in the spring/summer as my daytime color since it has no shimmer. If I ever hit pan, I will 100% re-purchase it.
update 11/10: So this is pretty much the only color I've been wearing during the day for the past 2 months. It just gives me such a healthy glow, i love it<3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have heard from multiple sources that NARS has the best blush, quality wise. I never really thought about it, I'm like "eh, blush is blush". Then I actually bought one. OH MY JESUS. The consistency is amazing, it's like somehow creamy and amazingly blendable, and highly pigmented, so you really don't need to use a lot of product. I see what the hype is about. Now, on to this specific color: unfortunately I do not like it, on me, I feel the undertone is too reddish, which bothers me, as I tend to like more peachy colors. I will probably return/exchange this COLOR but there is no doubt I'll be buying more NARS blushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

My first full-size NARS blush! (I've sampled Orgasm in-store and it's not right for me...FYI.) I was in the market for a new one after I ran out of both BE's Golden Gate and MAC Cubic -- prior favorites, but I wanted to try something new...enter NARS Amour. It looks insanely bright in the compact, but it imparts a very fresh, rosy glow to my LLL cheeks on top of a light powder or liquid foundation. I press my brush very lightly into the compact and then sweep it on my cheekbones first, then nose, chin and forehead lightly for some contouring. Follow with a very light dust of bronzer in summer, and I'm good to go! Color lasts all day, doesn't streak, no chalkiness -- a really good product...and for $26 a pop it better be! ;) Love the black rubber packaging on all NARS products...no problem with shattering! At the rate I'm using this product, I think it will last about a year with daily use. I put Yes on repurchasing, but I might look into another color next time! EDIT 11/28/13: I'm pretty sure I've had this blush for 3 years, and I haven't even hit pan yet. It's (gasp!) kind of nice having just one blush! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

Amour is a matte pinky peach. I use a skunk brush to give a peachy glow on my NC20 skin. NARS blushes are highly pigmented and are quickly becoming my favorite brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Out of the three NARS powder blushes that I currently own, this is the softest, most traditional shade in the pan. This goes you an idea of how my taste in blush runs: I prefer powder blushes that are highly pigmented, bright, and matte (or with very minimal shimmer). Amour is a lovely soft, pink with a strong dose of peach and a matte finish. Like all NARS powder blushes, the color pay-off is excellent, and little product is needed (if you are nervous about overdoing it, I would recommend applying with a fan brush like Smashbox #22.) The more I use this shade, the more I appreciate its lasting power and versatility - since it's not exactly a straightforward peach or a "true" pink, it works with a wide variety of color palettes. It lends my warm NC 35 skin a soft, natural glow, and I can imagine it working on a variety of skin tones. I'm definitely happy with this purchase, and continue to be impressed by NARS' blush offerings.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this color on accident but ended up really liking it. It's pretty bright so I dip the brush very lightly. A little really goes a long way. I like to use it when I do a neutral eye so it adds a pop of color. It goes on smooth and lasts all day.