October 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by carrasco

This another blush that is crazy pigmented. It'd say this is a vivid coral with no shimmer. Just a tiny swipe of the brush and that goes a long way. As with all Nars blushes they are extrememly pigmented and will last a lifetime. The compact is partly why I get suckered, I just love Nars packaging. This blush is great, however I have to admit it's very close to fleur power and instant chic. I don't see the point in owning all 3. If you have any of the 3 I listed, you don't need the others. I would probably not repurchase only because this will last forever and I have the other 2 mentioned as well. My picture is of the 3 blush comparisons.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2010 10:02:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great everyday blush for nc42/tan skin. I've been using it for 2 years and don't know why I haven't reviewed it yet. The peachy-pink slightly coral color looks just right, gives a nice pop of color for every day. I use this color more in the spring/summer as my daytime color since it has no shimmer. If I ever hit pan, I will 100% re-purchase it.
update 11/10: So this is pretty much the only color I've been wearing during the day for the past 2 months. It just gives me such a healthy glow, i love it<3

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have heard from multiple sources that NARS has the best blush, quality wise. I never really thought about it, I'm like "eh, blush is blush". Then I actually bought one. OH MY JESUS. The consistency is amazing, it's like somehow creamy and amazingly blendable, and highly pigmented, so you really don't need to use a lot of product. I see what the hype is about. Now, on to this specific color: unfortunately I do not like it, on me, I feel the undertone is too reddish, which bothers me, as I tend to like more peachy colors. I will probably return/exchange this COLOR but there is no doubt I'll be buying more NARS blushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

My first full-size NARS blush! (I've sampled Orgasm in-store and it's not right for me...FYI.) I was in the market for a new one after I ran out of both BE's Golden Gate and MAC Cubic -- prior favorites, but I wanted to try something new...enter NARS Amour. It looks insanely bright in the compact, but it imparts a very fresh, rosy glow to my LLL cheeks on top of a light powder or liquid foundation. I press my brush very lightly into the compact and then sweep it on my cheekbones first, then nose, chin and forehead lightly for some contouring. Follow with a very light dust of bronzer in summer, and I'm good to go! Color lasts all day, doesn't streak, no chalkiness -- a really good product...and for $26 a pop it better be! ;) Love the black rubber packaging on all NARS products...no problem with shattering! At the rate I'm using this product, I think it will last about a year with daily use. I put Yes on repurchasing, but I might look into another color next time! EDIT 11/28/13: I'm pretty sure I've had this blush for 3 years, and I haven't even hit pan yet. It's (gasp!) kind of nice having just one blush! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

Amour is a matte pinky peach. I use a skunk brush to give a peachy glow on my NC20 skin. NARS blushes are highly pigmented and are quickly becoming my favorite brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Out of the three NARS powder blushes that I currently own, this is the softest, most traditional shade in the pan. This goes you an idea of how my taste in blush runs: I prefer powder blushes that are highly pigmented, bright, and matte (or with very minimal shimmer). Amour is a lovely soft, pink with a strong dose of peach and a matte finish. Like all NARS powder blushes, the color pay-off is excellent, and little product is needed (if you are nervous about overdoing it, I would recommend applying with a fan brush like Smashbox #22.) The more I use this shade, the more I appreciate its lasting power and versatility - since it's not exactly a straightforward peach or a "true" pink, it works with a wide variety of color palettes. It lends my warm NC 35 skin a soft, natural glow, and I can imagine it working on a variety of skin tones. I'm definitely happy with this purchase, and continue to be impressed by NARS' blush offerings.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this color on accident but ended up really liking it. It's pretty bright so I dip the brush very lightly. A little really goes a long way. I like to use it when I do a neutral eye so it adds a pop of color. It goes on smooth and lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AhnaLeesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture of the blush is very fine and very smooth. The quality is superb. However, I am very surprised this blush has gotten so many great reviews from people with tan/olive skin tones. It is a hot pink-red color on my skin, and it clashes terribly! I starts out bright pink with a thin layer and gets very bright-doll-faced with more red, as you layer on the color. I really tried to love it, but it's not working. I think thou, that it will look great on light/cool skin tones and on darker African-American skin tones as well. Someone called this a warm color but I really fell it is cool-toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I think it's more versatile than orgasm; it doesn't have that annoying sparkle and it works better on my Asian tanned skin with olive undertones. This is a coral-ish color that is buildable; it blends very well. I usually don't look good with coral lipsticks, but this looks great on me and I think will work well on most people. I've only had to buy two over the last 8-ish years; I bought the second one because it got smashed while the compact was open.

The packaging is great, as Nars products are. It's a sleek little black compact with a mirror.

I would definitately recommend this color blush, the finish is amazing and the value worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

beautiful beautiful rosy pink!!! that prettiest blush and i love the matte finish. it's a buidable color so i'm able to work with the color according to how much i want. would highly recommend this blush!!