July 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have heard from multiple sources that NARS has the best blush, quality wise. I never really thought about it, I'm like "eh, blush is blush". Then I actually bought one. OH MY JESUS. The consistency is amazing, it's like somehow creamy and amazingly blendable, and highly pigmented, so you really don't need to use a lot of product. I see what the hype is about. Now, on to this specific color: unfortunately I do not like it, on me, I feel the undertone is too reddish, which bothers me, as I tend to like more peachy colors. I will probably return/exchange this COLOR but there is no doubt I'll be buying more NARS blushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 4:49:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

My first full-size NARS blush! (I've sampled Orgasm in-store and it's not right for me...FYI.) I was in the market for a new one after I ran out of both BE's Golden Gate and MAC Cubic -- prior favorites, but I wanted to try something new...enter NARS Amour. It looks insanely bright in the compact, but it imparts a very fresh, rosy glow to my LLL cheeks on top of a light powder or liquid foundation. I press my brush very lightly into the compact and then sweep it on my cheekbones first, then nose, chin and forehead lightly for some contouring. Follow with a very light dust of bronzer in summer, and I'm good to go! Color lasts all day, doesn't streak, no chalkiness -- a really good product...and for $26 a pop it better be! ;) Love the black rubber packaging on all NARS products...no problem with shattering! At the rate I'm using this product, I think it will last about a year with daily use. I put Yes on repurchasing, but I might look into another color next time! EDIT 11/28/13: I'm pretty sure I've had this blush for 3 years, and I haven't even hit pan yet. It's (gasp!) kind of nice having just one blush! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

Amour is a matte pinky peach. I use a skunk brush to give a peachy glow on my NC20 skin. NARS blushes are highly pigmented and are quickly becoming my favorite brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Out of the three NARS powder blushes that I currently own, this is the softest, most traditional shade in the pan. This goes you an idea of how my taste in blush runs: I prefer powder blushes that are highly pigmented, bright, and matte (or with very minimal shimmer). Amour is a lovely soft, pink with a strong dose of peach and a matte finish. Like all NARS powder blushes, the color pay-off is excellent, and little product is needed (if you are nervous about overdoing it, I would recommend applying with a fan brush like Smashbox #22.) The more I use this shade, the more I appreciate its lasting power and versatility - since it's not exactly a straightforward peach or a "true" pink, it works with a wide variety of color palettes. It lends my warm NC 35 skin a soft, natural glow, and I can imagine it working on a variety of skin tones. I'm definitely happy with this purchase, and continue to be impressed by NARS' blush offerings.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Sandy1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually bought this color on accident but ended up really liking it. It's pretty bright so I dip the brush very lightly. A little really goes a long way. I like to use it when I do a neutral eye so it adds a pop of color. It goes on smooth and lasts all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by AhnaLeesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The texture of the blush is very fine and very smooth. The quality is superb. However, I am very surprised this blush has gotten so many great reviews from people with tan/olive skin tones. It is a hot pink-red color on my skin, and it clashes terribly! I starts out bright pink with a thin layer and gets very bright-doll-faced with more red, as you layer on the color. I really tried to love it, but it's not working. I think thou, that it will look great on light/cool skin tones and on darker African-American skin tones as well. Someone called this a warm color but I really fell it is cool-toned.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by snactres

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color! I think it's more versatile than orgasm; it doesn't have that annoying sparkle and it works better on my Asian tanned skin with olive undertones. This is a coral-ish color that is buildable; it blends very well. I usually don't look good with coral lipsticks, but this looks great on me and I think will work well on most people. I've only had to buy two over the last 8-ish years; I bought the second one because it got smashed while the compact was open.

The packaging is great, as Nars products are. It's a sleek little black compact with a mirror.

I would definitately recommend this color blush, the finish is amazing and the value worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 3:04:00 AM More reviews by mscosmeticfanatic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

beautiful beautiful rosy pink!!! that prettiest blush and i love the matte finish. it's a buidable color so i'm able to work with the color according to how much i want. would highly recommend this blush!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jujubot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like others, I was drawn to this particular NARS blush because it did not have the shimmer/sparkle like the other blushes. This is a beautiful color, highly pigmented, and very good quality. Very little is needed to achieve a natural pop of color on your cheeks, so I expect that this will last me a long time. I love this blush and find myself using this one a lot.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/17/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice peachy pink with NO GLITTER (something that I usually HATE about nars products, looking like a glitter ball). it is a warm nice peachy pink that goes oK with my PPP complexion. However, ut can llook slightly ruddy, so it is not on my topp list. Lasts all day, easy to apply and no fuss. I prefer Dolce & Gabbana.