July 23, 2014 | 1906 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by xxsteff07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

*Deep moisturizing version* This was the WORST product I've ever tried for my hair. Yes it is worse than Fructis, Herbal Essences and Pantene. I was really excited to try this. Here in Canada it's not as cheap as in the USA, it's 8$ + taxes for a 350mL bottle. I didn't use it with the Mane 'n tail conditioner, I used it with my Biolage conditioner. Oh and I did a diy olive oil + eggs hair mask right before (this (usually) never fails to make my hair soft). And it still managed to make my hair feel and look like straw. Really. I felt as if I had salt in my hair. I didn't even wait for it to finish to dry, I jumped in the shower and washed my hair with my usual blue shampoo. Very disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kgallagher12

I saw many reviews saying it would help my hair grow but i have used it for 4 months and it has not, I am also taking biotin vitamins and i have not seen a change but an advantage is that it makes hair very healthy and soft

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is sooo sooo drying for my hair. When Ive used this, my hair feels so brittle and damaged. The conditioner is just as bad. The price is great and it comes in a huuuge bottle. But I wont repurchase this cause it made my hair worse than before.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by yonkers19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh...Not that great for 3a curly hair. It made it very frizzy and hard to control. Also the bottle is a little too big and annoying to pour into your hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair is naturally wavy/curly and fairly thick. I straighten it a lot because I prefer that straight, sleek look.

Recently I picked up a small bottle of Mane n Tail at Family Dollar for $2. This stuff does wonders for my hair. I usually shampoo twice with this stuff and it leaves my hair extremely soft and light feeling. I find this shampoo to be very moisturizing.

After showering I will blow dry my hair and it feels so luscious! I do try to alternate shampoos. Every other week I use my Aveeno Nourish+Moisturize Shampoo.

Haven't used it very long so I cannot comment on hair growth.

Another plus to this shampoo is that I can use it to bathe my dog. It leaves him soft, shiny and clean :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by IsabellaRivera

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom brought this home for me one day saying that one of her friends that she plays tennis with is in love with it, so I gave it a try. It wasn't very moustirizing but it did make my hair feel healthier. Also, it grew like CRAZY! My hair was just under my shoulder blades then grew to the middle of my boobs in about 2 months!

The only flaw to this product is that it strips the color out of your hair! I know that they do have a color protecting shampoo which I have never tried but I will eventually.

So, I recommend this product for anyone who wants to start the process of growing their hair super long! This shampoo is a great starting point.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Lenahart13

My mom had actually bought this on sale and gave me a bottle of the shampoo and conditioner to try. I had just dyed my hair around eight times at that time and we were trying to get something that would restore the health my hair needed. This shampoo/conditioner I will say doesn't do very much in the moisturizing department but it sure does help it grow. Within four months my hair which was at my shoulder grew down a good six inches which was astonishing because my hair was completely dead, or it at least seemed so. I did end up later using the tresemme split remedy conditioner instead of the matching one because it dried out my ends but overall the shampoo works wonders if you're trying to get your hair to grow out (: btw I have repurchased it many times.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by scottshaelyn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shampoo is very very basic. It doesnt do much although it isnt awful. It does however for my hair type, leave your scalp feeling dry and scratchy. For the conditioner, it is much too thin and does not moisturize at all

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by stemaan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so my hair is thick and goes to my butt, so of course I thought this would make my hair even better. I was dead wrong. It made my hair super dry and frizzy and made my scalp itch like I had lice or something it was terrible! Also it made my hair feel weird like kind of siliconey. Would not recommend this for people that have long thick hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by danialejandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo! After two bleachings to my entire head, in attempt to correct the hair dressers mess up, my hair was dry and brittle and I cut off 8 inches. I started using this shampoo because a friend recommended it and my hair has become healthier and thicker! It hasn't grown as fast as I'd like but the amount that it has grown looks amazing because of the condition.