October 2, 2014 | 1142 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2011 7:04:00 PM More reviews by leah8808

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have extremely sensitive skin with rosacea. I have been using this for over 2 weeks and it has not irritated my skin. It is not the creamiest and doesn't moisturize enough for me for cold weather, but it will be great for summer. It has a kind of medicinal smell, but that doesn't bother me and I usually don't like fragrance. The sunscreen does absorb quickly. I was surprised that I actually like this and can use it with no irritation.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ksinson87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It has a thick consistency and one pump was enough for my entire face. The smell was fine. Nothing to rave about, nothing to complain about. The pump is nice....BUT other than that this moisturizer was a disappointment. (The Aveeno body lotion is great though!) It left me greasy and irritated my face. I think it was the feverfew ingredient. Which is ironic because it's advertised as "ultra-calming". Upon initial application it felt fine, but an hour later it felt uncomfortable and itchy. I began using this as my day moisturizer while using the Clinique Dramatically Different Gel for my PM moisturizer. I used both for about 3 weeks. Both of these products wreaked havoc on my skin (inflamed cystic acne) and I had to start taking Doxycycline as a result. There has been a noticeable difference in my skin as soon as I stopped using these products.. My usual clear skin is on hiatus thanks to these products. Would not recommend this product to anyone, and would never have it anywhere near my face.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by diamondtiara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

ROSACEANS: Avoid this product! I read one random review about it online, from a girl who had rosacea and liked it. For a month, I liked it too. Then, seemingly at random, my skin began to burn within fifteen minutes of slathering the moisturizer on. At first, I couldn't tell what was triggering the reaction. My skin had fared just fine with the Aveeno for about a month, so I suspected I was too stressed/not drinking enough water/getting too much sun/eating the wrong things. Foolishly, I kept applying the Aveeno for another week before I realized that it was the moisturizer that left me with glowing red cheeks that looked as if I had been slapped.

I have read other reviews on rosacea forums that insist that this is how Aveeno products work for them: There's a period of calm, then suddenly your skin becomes highly irritated, and it can take weeks to get it back to normal. Also, the price is utterly ridiculous for a drugstore item, especially one with such inconsistent, even painful results. Avoid this item at all costs, and if you have a bottle, toss it in the trash!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2011 4:08:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is an ok product. It spreads like a primer on the skin and moisturizes without being oily like most sunscreen. My mom gave me this product when she didnt like it. I dont think its a bad product but not the greatest spf I have found.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Schweet_One

Seemed to work ok at first, but i started noticing my eyes were constantly bloodshot, and i couldnt figure out why. i changed mascara, eye shadow, eye liner trying to find out what was irritating my eyes.. then I ran out of this, did not repurchase, and my eyes are no longer irritated ! I am convinced that this is why my eyes where bloodshot. For that reason, i will not repurchase.. but i did like the smell, feel and the pump bottle.. :/

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For a drug-store product this is quite pricey....
i loved this. Initial application was fine, it smelled a little funky, but i didnt care. it made me smooth and less red later throughout the day, ( i dont have a problem with either today --no thanks to this) but i noticed each time i used this, a few days later i'd get a pimple... so i stopped using it and the pimple stopped coming back. will not repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

The only thing I dislike about this product is the price. at $17 it's almost unjustifyably expensive for a drugstore brand.

But I do love it. It goes on so smoothly and dries down really nicely on my oily skin. I like that there's SPF as well as a 3.0% avobenzone UVA blocker.

It's glorious alone, but in the summer months I currently mix it with my spf 70 neutrogena sunblock (which is a bit greasy by itself but is fine with the Aveeno).

Redness hasn't been too much of a problem for me now that my acne is dying down, but my skin is still very sensitive and I'm sure that using this every day has helped calm it a lot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I am currently using this moisturizer since my prescription topical is drying out my skin. This has a whipped consistency but still seems to hydrate my usually oily skin. It does have a strong fragrance but that doesn't bother me. Really like this at the moment!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:25:00 AM More reviews by brooklyn7

LOVE this. It's the first non-greasy spf 30 moisturiser I have tried. Absorbs really quickly and I don't notice it's on a couple of minutes after applying.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by uglyfetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recieved this product as a free sample. I was hesitant to try it because of the low ratings, but im so glad that i did. for ref, i have sensitive, acne prone skin. This made my skin feel so smooth and soft. I didnt get any breakouts at all. the smell is a bit odd though.