July 30, 2014 | 1577 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by mirandajulian

Have recently become a clean freak and that has taken quite the toll on my cuticles. I love Badger and Burt Bees cuticle creams but I needed something stronger. I tried this and am now on my second tub. This stuff is thick and leaves quite the oil slick so I use it before bed and know wake up with baby smooth cuticles, heels, and elbows. not a big fan of the scent - yes it is lemony but it also has a petroleumy/chemically smell. Not sure what it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Saraah14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love love love!! This stuff has honestly made my nails and cuticles so much healthier from what they were! I have very weak nails that I can actually bend all the way back but after using this every night after my hand cream, my nails are so much stronger and look so much better! It also gets rid of the tiny bits of shredded skin beside my nails which I used to hate and couldn't get rid of! The pot is also so big that I don't think I'll ever run out, but when I do, I'll be marching down to Lush to repurchase! xD

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by wildchild1018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my, this stuff works like a dream.
I've always had extremely dry cuticles and hands that crack and bleed during the winter, and after trying so many products from vaseline to olive oil nothing worked!
So this winter I did some research and found lemony flutter. This saved my skin and cuticles, I spent my winter with baby soft hands. Not a bit of dryness. Also works amazing as a hand mask at night slather it on and wake up to gorgeous hands!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by TealZen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Smells strongly of lemon Froot Loops and lemongrass. Too me, anyway. Normally I don't like lemon scents all that much but lately I've been loving them (maybe because it is Summer where I live right now)!

This cuticle butter works wonderfully on my hands (which tend to get dry and peel a bit at the bases of my fingers). The formulation is very rich and silky. It's a thick, whipped consistency and feels a lot like smooth icing that has firmed a bit in the fridge. I almost want to eat it! I like that it doesn't spill everywhere. However, after applying (only very little is needed for the cuticles but a bit more can be applied to elbows and such) there is a slight greasy film. This goes away after a while and the smell is not as strong when you've waited it out (obviously).

Overall, I would definitely buy again due to its effectiveness in helping my dry skin. Although I probably won't have to buy again for a LONG time (at least not until it expires) as a tiny amount goes a long way. This small tub will last me months.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by myloveisfreeing

I have always had problem nails they were soft and cracked easily, but now after using lemony flutter along with Essie's Grow stronger my nails are longer and healthier than they have ever been before, i am so happy with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by MissJenn909

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lemony Flutter cuticle butter is a thick, pastel yellow butter that smells like sherbet lemons. It almost melts onto your skin and makes your hands and cuticles feel soft and your nails feel tough. It is a very luxurious product and very effective. A very little goes a long way so even though the size may seem small, it will last for a very, very, very long time! This is a much loved product and I can see why! You won't regret this purchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Sharb40r

It does do what it says. My cuticles are truly amazing after just a couple of days. I also use it on rough patches like elbows etc and get good results as well. But the smell... Ugh, it is terrible! There is no reason for a product to smell that bad. Someone else said tar, and you know what, they might be right. It's like the smell of new tar on a super hot summers day, overwhelming...

So if you have a bad cold and can't smell, aren't sensitive to fragrance, then go ahead use this product, you will be pleased.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by DameEmma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hate to rain on the parade, but this has a peculiar tar-like scent underlying the lemon that I find unpleasant. It's also quite sticky. I used it up, but wouldn't repurchase. I think that Lush is pretty bad for "greenwashing" its products--I prefer Burts Bees, which only has oils, wax, and lemon scent, this one has parabens. But my one true cuticle love is Nubar Cuticle Care oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by darlingnikki15

There are no words for how much I love this stuff. LF smells exactly like fresh lemons. I work in a pretty cuticle unfriendly environment so I need major moisture at the end of the day. This is IT I swear it is a permanent part of my purse. It starts off more solid but melts quickly from your body heat and the tiniest bit goes a long way. Soaks in really quick and is only greasy for a couple of minutes. I can see how the smell would bother some its strong, but give it a try it is definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jootje

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is hands down the best cuticle butter I've ever tried. I totally get the hype. At first I was sceptical, why would it be so much better than all the others? Well, I don't know why, but it really is. It simply just does a much better job than anything I've tried and I've tried many, TBS, OPI, Burts Bees, Sally Hansen, pure almond oil, etc.
When I used other cuticle products I would apply them multiple times a day and I would still always have some dryness. With LF I noticed a huge improvement after using it just once and after a couple of days (of using only once a day) all the dryness was gone. I've been using it every night for months now and my cuticles have never looked better. My nails look a lot better as well.
The product itself is very fluffy. It's not an oil or a regular cream. I like how easy it is too apply because of this fluffy texture. The Burts bees balm is kind of hard to get out of the jar, you have to warm it up first. And oils are too, well, oily and slippery. This is just a nice fluffy cream. Once it's on it will feel a little oily but it sinks in faster than pure oils.
The packaging is fine. It's just a jar and it functions properly. It closes well and the product doesn't spill.
The price is right too. It's 10 euros for a whole lot of product. If you only use it on your cuticles you probably wouldn't even be able to finish it within the expiration date (1 year). I use it royally and often put it on my entire hands, not just the cuticles. I've had it for around 4 months now and I used up a little less than half of the jar. So if I keep this up I will actually just finish it up before the expiration date. I didn't think I would when I saw how much product was in there, but I love it so much that I use it religiously. 10 euros a year for amazing looking cuticles is not much imo.
So my overall conclusion is that this is a fantastic product that's well worth the price. I will definitely repurchase.
Update: finished a whole jar in 6 months & bought a replacement. HG. (:
So it's more like 20 euros a year now, but I use it on my entire hands every day. Still worth it.
Update 2: I've stopped using this for a while because I was very busy and stressed, and my cuticles looked soooo bad! After applying this again for a couple of nights in a row, they look 100x better. This product is amazing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No