December 22, 2014 | 871 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 7:04:00 PM More reviews by nefertachris

I try for the first time sugar scrubing last night and I was absolutely amazed by the result! I skin was so soft. I never had this result with any other kind of scrub. It will save me a lot of money,
However I think it might be too harsh for my face

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by FaKATz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been sugar scrubing for months now, I do this twice a week, and it's GREAT. It leaves my skins super smooth and ready for a mositurizer, and prepares my skin for shaving:)
Kinda harsh for my face, but I use this on my Neck down, and it's G-R-E-A-T-! Yay for natural products! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Meiosis

Great exfoliator.
Just be careful when rinsing it off that you don't get sugar everywhere - the ants will come for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ashk36

I tried a sugar scrub a while back and I don't recall being very blown away by it. But then I was visiting my pet grooming forum (I work in a dog grooming shop, just to clarify) and people were talking about using sugar scrubs on dogs and how great it is for their skin. Then someone added that sugar has amazing healing properties. You can pack it on a wound and it will heal faster. You can use powdered sugar on a dog's nail if it's cut too short. So I figured I'd try a sugar scrub on my own skin again, but this time I'd leave it on a little longer than just a scrub scrub rinse. I used a good bit of sugar, added a little water, scrubbed for about 20 seconds and let it sit for a minute before rinsing, and my skin has never felt so soft. I have used so many products for my face, but my new HG exfoliant is sugar.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 6:17:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the most affordable scrub for everybody.I try once for face but is too much for my sensitive skin,but after my first experience on..using sugar and on my body..from then i quit spending money on body scrub.I love to find new combinations..i love mixing with scented oils sometimes..but most i love how soft is my skin. Simply I LOVE IT :◕‿◕o

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2010 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

BROWN SUGAR~I have been using this for as long as I can remember as a facial scrub. I mix it with coconut oil and scrub my body in the shower. For my face I use JUST dark brown sugar. Of course, dark brown sugar is the softest and has the highest amount of molasses...which is the "active" ingredient. Molasses balances the PH of your skin and nutures your skin, whilst tightening pores.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by sangessed

Works excellent as both face and body scrub, so much better than the chemical exfolicants. Personally, I find the sugar I use for cooking too harsh for facial skin so a tip for Canadians : the sugar from Tim Horton's sugar packet has the perfect granule size. Not too harsh but enough to give a good scrub.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by nakedmannequin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh sugar, how I love thee. You make my coffee sweet, my cookies delicious, my skin divine.

At any given moment on the edge of my bathtub is a sticky little bowl where my sugar was from my previous shower.

Basically I mix it into any body or face wash to turn it into a scrub. The great thing about white sugar is that you can't scrub too hard... because it will dissolve faster than you can irritate your skin with it.

My favorite thing to do is to drizzle olive oil into a cup of sugar... just until the sugar is saturated. Scrub all over in a steamy shower... absolutely fantastic.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Ellaryn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great hand and foot scrub! A combination of brown sugar, extra virgin olive oil and optional honey and/or essential oils really make a fabulous hand and foot scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by bambilion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

The other night I mixed brown sugar, honey, and olive oil in a cup and took it to the shower with me, turned the water off and scrubbed everywhere. I followed up with lotion and my skin has never felt this amazing, or looked so smooth. I LOVE THIS SCRUB!