December 21, 2014 | 842 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by fancyxamy

this did not work out as a foundation for me. in fact, i dont even like it as a finishing powder so basically its just a big bust. the coverage is very light and it doesnt mattify or mask pores which are my two main criteria for any foundation or powder. upon application my skin appears kindof cakey and shiny.

on the plus side, it did not break me out. also, E20 was a good match for my pale skin.

my recommendation is to pass on this one. there are many cheaper and better options.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2010 5:45:00 PM More reviews by mel

The first time I put it on and saw how it looked i took it right off. The coverage is good but it was so chalky it looked so awful on,, never buying the powder again!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by moshoy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the worst $35 purchases (plus tax) I've ever made!!! After only ONE day of wearing this junk, I had a face FULL of pimples!!! Awful!!! Plus, as the day went on, I noticed it disappearing more and more from my face. By last night I looked as if I hadn't even applied makeup! Never Again!! This is going right back to Sephora!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by waterlily022

I have used this for over a year and think its great for sensitive/breakout prone skin like mine. I use a liquid foundation and this as a powder over that for a little extra coverage, you definitly don't need alot, my compact lasts me several months since I just use it to set my makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know but this product is so obvious on my skin. I purchased M20 because of the good reviews I've read from Sephora.com. I really tried to like this since it's not cheap but it made me look chalky. I hate the packaging too! If you didn't know better, it looks like something you get from the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

Recently I have been picking at my pimples and making them a whole lot worse... and any makeup I used to cover them up just looked horrible and cakey if it stayed on at all. Then I found this in my makeup drawer... and my face looked a thousand times better. Just this powder without any concealer or foundation covers redness and acne badness. Really good coverage without caking, gives a matte and even look to the skin. This stuff isn't perfect - I find it a little chalky, and the colour selection is a lot more difficult than it seems - but I'm happy to have it and I'll keep on using it because it works, even if the colour is a touch off.
EDIT: I have been using this powder regularly and it's my new go-to foundation. It doesn't clog pores or cause more acne - so I barely even need to use any anyway! I thought the colour was a bit off, but I think it works after all (at least in the winter when I'm at my palest), and I thought it might look a little dry but that was just my skin being flaky (ugh). The powder itself is actually great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lbmoore535

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful! It has great coverage and when applied over concealer, textures blend very well. Great color options too. I am very fair, and e20 works well on me without making me look like a ghost. It does get shiny after a few hours, but I have very oily skin. This powder is the best I have tried on color match, good coverage, and texture. It also does not make large pores look worse. I do go through it quickly, so it seems pricey to me. ( plus I can only order in online from Sephora). I found it goes on best with the flat large concealer brush that Bare Minerals makes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder foundation for sensitive skin. The color match is great I have this in B15. The undertones in this product are spot on although I can lean more towards the M series in the winter. I have really sensitive skin and this never causes rashes or breakouts. The finish is natural matte. It's not that great with oil control but I pat a little of MAC's Blot powder on top of my oily areas and my face looks good. My only other complaint is this isn't good if you will be photograph as it washes you out a little bit but, not as bad as other foundations I have worn. The coverage can go from light to full depending on how you apply it. I usually apply it with a kabuki for medium coverage or a fluffier powder brush for light everyday coverage. The color selection is amazing.even for women of color. The price is a little higher than other foundations but, it is well worth it in my opinion. UPDATE: The titanium dioxide/mineral composition of this powder can really make you look dull and just down right gray and monster like in pictures. I will likely use this if I'm sure no pictures will be taken (ie. work) but, I probably won't repurchase. The glow it gives in person turns you into a zombie in pics. ;0(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like Powder FX. The coverage is buildable, and it stays on and keeps me matte all day. And Cover FX has a huge shade selection as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really liked this compact. coverage was good and i didn't have any breakouts. i did find that it takes some work to blend it in. i apply this with a foundation brush and then blend blend blend with a kabuki brush. my one complaint is the color selection. maybe i didn't select the right color in the first place (even though a makeup artist at sephora matched me) but the color i got was too orange/pink on me. i had this problem with laura mercier too. i'm usually nc 25/30.