August 1, 2014 | 1759 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know but this product is so obvious on my skin. I purchased M20 because of the good reviews I've read from Sephora.com. I really tried to like this since it's not cheap but it made me look chalky. I hate the packaging too! If you didn't know better, it looks like something you get from the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

Recently I have been picking at my pimples and making them a whole lot worse... and any makeup I used to cover them up just looked horrible and cakey if it stayed on at all. Then I found this in my makeup drawer... and my face looked a thousand times better. Just this powder without any concealer or foundation covers redness and acne badness. Really good coverage without caking, gives a matte and even look to the skin. This stuff isn't perfect - I find it a little chalky, and the colour selection is a lot more difficult than it seems - but I'm happy to have it and I'll keep on using it because it works, even if the colour is a touch off.
EDIT: I have been using this powder regularly and it's my new go-to foundation. It doesn't clog pores or cause more acne - so I barely even need to use any anyway! I thought the colour was a bit off, but I think it works after all (at least in the winter when I'm at my palest), and I thought it might look a little dry but that was just my skin being flaky (ugh). The powder itself is actually great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by lbmoore535

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful! It has great coverage and when applied over concealer, textures blend very well. Great color options too. I am very fair, and e20 works well on me without making me look like a ghost. It does get shiny after a few hours, but I have very oily skin. This powder is the best I have tried on color match, good coverage, and texture. It also does not make large pores look worse. I do go through it quickly, so it seems pricey to me. ( plus I can only order in online from Sephora). I found it goes on best with the flat large concealer brush that Bare Minerals makes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder foundation for sensitive skin. The color match is great I have this in B15. The undertones in this product are spot on although I can lean more towards the M series in the winter. I have really sensitive skin and this never causes rashes or breakouts. The finish is natural matte. It's not that great with oil control but I pat a little of MAC's Blot powder on top of my oily areas and my face looks good. My only other complaint is this isn't good if you will be photograph as it washes you out a little bit but, not as bad as other foundations I have worn. The coverage can go from light to full depending on how you apply it. I usually apply it with a kabuki for medium coverage or a fluffier powder brush for light everyday coverage. The color selection is amazing.even for women of color. The price is a little higher than other foundations but, it is well worth it in my opinion. UPDATE: The titanium dioxide/mineral composition of this powder can really make you look dull and just down right gray and monster like in pictures. I will likely use this if I'm sure no pictures will be taken (ie. work) but, I probably won't repurchase. The glow it gives in person turns you into a zombie in pics. ;0(

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 1:15:00 AM More reviews by carmenners

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like Powder FX. The coverage is buildable, and it stays on and keeps me matte all day. And Cover FX has a huge shade selection as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by sandyroy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really liked this compact. coverage was good and i didn't have any breakouts. i did find that it takes some work to blend it in. i apply this with a foundation brush and then blend blend blend with a kabuki brush. my one complaint is the color selection. maybe i didn't select the right color in the first place (even though a makeup artist at sephora matched me) but the color i got was too orange/pink on me. i had this problem with laura mercier too. i'm usually nc 25/30.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this powder. I love... 1. the medium coverage 2. easy to use 3. good oil control 4. inexpensive 5. doesn't clog my pores 6. perfect color match 7. look good in pictures
I hate this powder.... 1. ugly looking case 2. sometimes can be too chalky 3. doesn't cover my pores (no powder does though)

But I just bought my 4th powder after trying BE (too greasy and poor color matching), Laura Mercier press (look awful in the photo) loose (too greasy but good color matching), Pur Mineral (oily), YSL (ok, hate the case and poor color matching plus minimum coverage), Guerlain Gold (the lightest color is too dark, smell bad) Regular (too dry), Dior (second best, #200 is too dark after 1 hour)), Fresh (too shiny and poor coverage), Shiseido (poor coverage and bad color matching), Lise Watier (dry and no coverage), Stila (dry and no coverage, worst) etc. None of them seems better than this Cover FX powder. I guess I have to compromise with the ugly looking case.

My sister use Clarins primer undereath and seems give her a good poreless result. However, since I am highly acne prone, I cannot use this primer. I have also tried with the Cover FX Matt primer, too dry. Will try Clinique pore instant perfector tomorrow and hope it is able to cover my pores.

I use this powder foundation with my CDP concealer, pretty good result.

Pls throw away the useless puff that comes with the powedr. This is not even good for touch up. I have bought a cheap QUO puff instead. But good quality brush do an amazing job when you buff the powder in a circular motion.

Color: M40 and MAC NC 20/ 25. CDP concealer: Ivory
Edit: still consider as one of my favourite, not HG though, because it shows my pores when I getting older.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

Not sure about this product. Like the finish, but everytime I use it, I get a massive pimple somewhere and I ordinarily do not break out. Have switched to my Dior Capture Totale & Cover FX setting powder and my skin feels comfortable and breakout free. I think the coverage may just be a little too heavy for my skin. Plus I believe this contains Talc which is culprit for clogged pores...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by chloechan88

I know I really shouldn't review this powder now since I just use it twice, but I can't help telling everyone how great it is! As a mineral powder foundation, it gives amazing coverage and also keeps my face shine free. Though I don't have very oily skin, it kept my face TOTALLY MATTE for 5 hours (maybe it will last longer, but I washed it away since I got home from school at that time)! Also, it didn't turn orange/dull at all. I have a lot of acne scares and some tiny bumps(which are really red) but this foundation just like fade them away and I look like I have good skin(not perfect ) when I was wearing this foundation. My friend who has some large pores looked like poreless when she put this on. I use m50 which is a bit darker on me if I use it together with their liquid foundation(e40), but it totally matches my face and my neck if I used it alone. I'm Asian but I don't have very strong yellow under tone. I use Revlon colorstay foundation for oily/combination skin in warm golden(which is a little bit darker on me since I'm somewhere between nc25-nc30, but I prefer darker shade on me).Make sure to moisturize your skin really well before using it. The only thing I'm still concerning about is whether it will break me out or not. I will update it.
Update 01/08/2010: No break out AT ALL! I also feel that it kind of help me to heal my acnes. Since it's winter now it's a little bit drying but I don't care. .
Another update 05/23/2010: I stopped using it a while and I recently went back to it. This time it breaks me out really badly. I can't use it anymore, but it's still a good powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:53:00 PM More reviews by psaelieb

I was a faithful BE user for over a year, but was never too happy with the coverage. I had a lot of the same complaints as other BE users Ė gives a mask effect rather than full coverage, often makes face oily, slightly itchy skin Ė but felt like I should sacrifice in order to use a mineral makeup that was better for the skin. Anyhow, after trying other mineral makeups (ie: purminerals), I was finally turned onto Cover FX Powder FX through a recommendation from a friend. I love love LOVE this foundation! I use it every day and havenít had any problems with breakouts or poor coverage. The color matches my skin perfectly (M50) and I find that the result is very natural looking and matte. With this foundation, I get minimal creasing or oiliness throughout the day. Although itís a little pricey, I am typically able to use a compact for about 3 months or so, which isnít too bad. I definitely think that this foundation is my HG. :)

PROS: color matched my skin perfectly; pressed mineral foundation makes for less mess and easy travel; didnít have to buy new brushes/use my BE brushes to apply this makeup

CONS: a little pricey for me (but, in my opinion, worth it for the great coverage and use); packaging is a little cheap-looking; my shade was difficult to find (Iím from LA, and I kid you not, I went to multiple Sephoras in the SF Valley, Hollywood and highland, etc. until I FINALLY found it at the Beverly Center)

TIPS: for best coverage use a good primer (I use Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch); for more coverage and a flawless look use a water-based foundation or tinted moisturizer underneath (I use the CoverFX water based foundation).