Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

on 1/3/2008 6:53:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this was one of my signature scents in college. now i wear it once in a great while, but i still like it quite a bit. a little goes a long way, it's very strong at first, i like it better when it settles down and the spices come out and the florals tone down some. i tried the EDP and it was more subtle on my skin, which i liked better.

on 1/1/2008 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this perfume and it's been the only perfume I've used continuously since 2002.

It is a sexy perfume and I have had many comments on it even from strangers, asking what perfume I'm wearing as they love it.

It dries to an almost 'lolly' scent on my skin and smells warm and cosy.

Every couple of weeks I try different perfumes at the counters to see if I like anything, but nothing compares to me.

I don't think I'll ever get sick of this perfume.

on 12/11/2007 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This was the very first "adult" fragrance I fell in love with, waaaay back when I was about 17. I had that "OH!" reaction. To my suprise, I've never gotten sick of it, but perhaps that's because I haven't overdone it by wearing it constantly. I regard this strictly as a Night fragrance. It's far too strong for the office, and the staying power is formidable. But going out all glammed up at night I give myself a conservative two squirts and I love smelling myself all night long. I'm no good at describing perfumes - all that "top note" and "fade down" business - so I'll leave that to the other reviews. Suffice to say that I've always found this to be quite distintive and recogniseable, which I think classic scents should be. I've often smelt this on the street on women walking past me - that distinctive sexy, fruity, joyous scent. There are few other scents that one would recognise that immediately, especially these days, when companies are churning out scents on a conveyor belt. Though the search continues for my HG "office" scent - I can see myself wearing this after dark for the rest of my life.

on 12/7/2007 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Delicious! This has a light champagne, almost boozy, note in the beginning that is more wonderful than it sounds. It changes over time and is wonderful at every stage.
WARNING: I bought mine over the internet, but I tried it out again at Sephora and I was horrified to find that it was awful and smelled nothing like what I had. What happened was that Sephora stored the tester bottle next to hot lights and over time it ruined the fragrance. Shield your bottles from the heat and light!

on 11/27/2007 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

This fragrance is incredible. It is sweet, warm, feminine bliss. It is so well blended and smooth. It dries down to a wonderful ambery vanilla unlike any other vanilla. I prefer the edt to the edp which is a bit flatter. I love what a reviewer says below - "this is classically feminine, though definitely with a sexy, passionate base." I would not change a thing on this one. Perfection.

on 11/22/2007 3:38:00 AM

I like this better than the EDP, it has a little more of a soapy, clean note than the EDP which just smells a little dirty to me. But they both have that day-old perfume smell to my nose, a sour note that I remember from Lucky You and Dream Angels Heavenly. I think of the EDP as morning-after sexy, when you know you had a wild night but now you just want to go home and shower. I probably would have loved it when I was 21.

on 11/11/2007 3:35:00 PM

Starts off with a zing, then fades to a 'minor chord' of citrus that somehow has an almost chypre-ish feel. Very gradually settles into a sweetish, semi-heady floral with a touch of soapiness - not exactly what comes to mind when I imagine 'sex in a bottle', but each to their own. Staying power was indeed good like many others have said. Not a bad scent, but on my skin it doesn't quite seem to live up to its full potential. The bottle, which I adored when it was first released, seems cliche' to me now, and I really can't stand that can, either. I think Classique is worth a try, I can see how it can be delightful on some - but as for me, no sale.

on 10/1/2007 7:36:00 AM

It smells expensive. Similar to Addict, but better (I guess because the edt wasn't so overpowering). I really wanted to like it, unfortunately it's just not me, totally different from my personality. And if I wear heavier, more oriental scents I like to smell the vanilla most, like in Hypnotic Poison, bacuse it's more comforting to me.

Still my absolute favorite perfume!! I've tried so many in the past - Chanels, Bvlgari's, Guerlains, Creeds, Bond New Yorks, etc. - you get the picture. But this fragrance has always been my stand-by. The only formulation that I like however, is the EDT. I find that it has more of an effervescent, lighter quality to it and accentuates the ginger note more so than in the EDP, which I find to be a bit too cloying and boozy for me. The initial spray of the EDT can be pretty powerful, but after about 20 mins or so, it dries down so nicely to a semi-sweet, semi-spicy, gingery floral-oriental. I usually wear this all year round - in the summer, 1 spray will do...and you still get a really nice waft of this fragrance during the day. I also get so many compliments on this fragrance from both men and women. Will always be re-purchasing a bottle. :)

on 7/10/2007 11:27:00 AM

I've had this since december last year as a christmas gift. I thought the smell was fantastic and can't get enough of it. I still use this regularly and people always say that I smell really really good, makes them want to be around me :) The packaging is really cute! I use it more in the fall and winter time, I use it slightly during the summer only because I don't wanna spend any money for summer fragrances and thus I'm still loving my classique JPG. voila! The smell stays all day long!!

Popular Fragrances