April 17, 2014 | 909 users online

Fragrances - Jean Paul Gaultier - Classique EDT

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Gita1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is incredible. It is sweet, warm, feminine bliss. It is so well blended and smooth. It dries down to a wonderful ambery vanilla unlike any other vanilla. I prefer the edt to the edp which is a bit flatter. I love what a reviewer says below - "this is classically feminine, though definitely with a sexy, passionate base." I would not change a thing on this one. Perfection.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2007 3:38:00 AM More reviews by smcgraw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this better than the EDP, it has a little more of a soapy, clean note than the EDP which just smells a little dirty to me. But they both have that day-old perfume smell to my nose, a sour note that I remember from Lucky You and Dream Angels Heavenly. I think of the EDP as morning-after sexy, when you know you had a wild night but now you just want to go home and shower. I probably would have loved it when I was 21.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 3:35:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Starts off with a zing, then fades to a 'minor chord' of citrus that somehow has an almost chypre-ish feel. Very gradually settles into a sweetish, semi-heady floral with a touch of soapiness - not exactly what comes to mind when I imagine 'sex in a bottle', but each to their own. Staying power was indeed good like many others have said. Not a bad scent, but on my skin it doesn't quite seem to live up to its full potential. The bottle, which I adored when it was first released, seems cliche' to me now, and I really can't stand that can, either. I think Classique is worth a try, I can see how it can be delightful on some - but as for me, no sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2007 7:36:00 AM More reviews by Emese1

It smells expensive. Similar to Addict, but better (I guess because the edt wasn't so overpowering). I really wanted to like it, unfortunately it's just not me, totally different from my personality. And if I wear heavier, more oriental scents I like to smell the vanilla most, like in Hypnotic Poison, bacuse it's more comforting to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by MissChocoholic

Still my absolute favorite perfume!! I've tried so many in the past - Chanels, Bvlgari's, Guerlains, Creeds, Bond New Yorks, etc. - you get the picture. But this fragrance has always been my stand-by. The only formulation that I like however, is the EDT. I find that it has more of an effervescent, lighter quality to it and accentuates the ginger note more so than in the EDP, which I find to be a bit too cloying and boozy for me. The initial spray of the EDT can be pretty powerful, but after about 20 mins or so, it dries down so nicely to a semi-sweet, semi-spicy, gingery floral-oriental. I usually wear this all year round - in the summer, 1 spray will do...and you still get a really nice waft of this fragrance during the day. I also get so many compliments on this fragrance from both men and women. Will always be re-purchasing a bottle. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jolie_g

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've had this since december last year as a christmas gift. I thought the smell was fantastic and can't get enough of it. I still use this regularly and people always say that I smell really really good, makes them want to be around me :) The packaging is really cute! I use it more in the fall and winter time, I use it slightly during the summer only because I don't wanna spend any money for summer fragrances and thus I'm still loving my classique JPG. voila! The smell stays all day long!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by maschaa

I hate this!!!! Used to be a favorite, used to wear it when I was at friends etc but then I got my own bottle and after 2 uses I almost vomited when spraying again. Eww!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by nastycat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

so many reviews, I'll keep mine short, since I'm not a huge fan. it is not objectionable- but I find it just a bit too common. too strong on 1st application, it dries down nicely. wouldnt buy again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2006 2:24:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tried this today and can't get enough of it. I had this on one wrist and Allure on the other, just to check them out. The Allure was a definite "no"-- too much Chanel aldehyde, too sharp and floral with an edge-- but this is amazing!! I knew I'd like it from reading the composition (I love rose and citrus with a woody base, like chypres and florientals) but I had no idea it would be THIS long-lasting. My left wrist has just become more and more gorgeous and sexy throughout the day. While I think the middle notes (round, feminine floral) and especially the drydown (on me, delicious amber warmed with vanilla) are better than the initially strong top notes, I think the whole composition is the best I've smelt in awhile. I don't know that I agree with the "rock and roll" characterization; to me, this is classically feminine, though definitely with a sexy, passionate base-- a true floriental. When I was younger, the bottle looked shocking to me, but now it reminds me of a Frenchwoman's boudoir. I'll be purchasing this.... BF wears Le Male so yes, we will be that cheesy matching couple. I'm not surprised though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2006 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Crystalyze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is one of my all-time faves. I wear it all the time. It's such a gorgeous scent!