Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.5

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/8/2010 5:11:00 PM

Works great for a natural deodorant. Takes a week or so to start working, then it works fine for smell. A little sticky in texture, but that's to be expected.

on 8/8/2010 4:49:00 PM

It doesn't do anything....that's all I can really say, waste of money.

on 8/8/2010 4:25:00 PM

I used this because I'm paranoid about armpit odor, and I don't like the deodorants with aluminum as they leave nasty stains on my shirts. It was great when I first used it, but a few days ago, I realized that my armpits started to SMELL and I usually don't even have odors! The bar smelled really bad too, so I chucked it. :(

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this thinking it would actually do something for my underarms. If it does anything, it's not a lot. I'm not going to waste it so I use it in conjunction with certain dri in the morning to freshen up. I hope there will be other natural deodorants I can find that will work I will stick to the chemicals.

on 7/2/2010 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Well, I have been using this for many many years, before they were bought by P&G. I think the product has changed over the years and is not the same. It used to be clear and no longer has the same look. I generally used the unscented as I really don't see why we need to have an aroma in our pits!!! I do notice that once in a while my pits get super itchy when I use it, but i do have to say that seems to come and go, so I often wonder if it is something in my body chemistry that changes. (pH, etc.). I tried their cucumber and grapefruit which was wonderful to start with but after a short time the stick smelled worse than b.o.. Perhaps that's why I haven't seen it again. So, with all that said, I keep using the product, because it has no Al in it and it's all natural. Can't beat that.

on 6/19/2010 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Isn't as effective as a conventional deodorant but the benefits are that it doesn't contain aluminum salts or an antiperspirant. The lavender one works better than the unscented.

on 6/17/2010 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After 1 day of use I awoke the next morning to layers of skin peeling off my pits. I don't even have sensitive skin. No thank you.

on 6/11/2010 2:13:00 AM

I love this deodorant!! I have used the Apricot scent for several years now and I really really love it. It took some time for my body to adjust to a deodorant without aluminum in it, but now I am just careful to shave my pits every day and put it on dry pits right away. If I wait or have hair it doesn't seem to work as well (my husband tried it and didn't like it).
When I really start to get hot and sweat I can smell the apricot scent and I love that (I'll admit, sometimes I sniff them just because I like the smell).
The best change I have seen since my switch is that if I forget to put any on (which I sometimes do) I don't smell at all unless it's really hot and I start to sweat a lot. Even then I don't have that itchy, sticky feeling I got when I forgot to use my Secret.
I am a lifetime user. I love this stuff!

I've really been wanting to try a deodorant without Aluminum in it, and this seemed perfect. I bought it in Lemongrass and loved the smell. It goes on easily but seconds after applying my armpits burned and it felt very sticky. I figured this was something I could get over as long as I wasn't putting Aluminum into my body and it wasn't making me stink. But the product only lasted for a few hours before I started to smell. I really wanted to like this but overall I didn't..smells very nice, good packaging and easy to apply but just doesn't work for me. Guess I'm just going to have to keep trying with other natural deodorants until i find one that works!

on 5/15/2010 9:17:00 AM

no more pit stains! i love this product although today it's left me a little sticky. it doesn't really work when i sweat profusely though so i'll probably still wear a normal antiperspirant when i work out.

Top Rated Tom's of Maine Products