October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:31:00 PM More reviews by kohout

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this deodorant for the past 5 years. I had trouble with perspiration with normal drugstore deodorants and switched over to this..
and my perspiration stopped.
I have not had any problems in 5 years...and I am in love with the Calendula scent. I tried the Lavender and was not very fond of it..and the Woodspice I semi-enjoyed. All gave the same results of course, same ingredients but the smell I am fairly particular on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by hlh25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I really like Tom's of Maine's deodorant stick in the Woodspice scent. It does an okay job of keeping sweat under control, but could be better. The scent is a little masculine but I'm in love with it; it smells like pine trees and Christmas to me. I'm happy that it's aluminum-free. I never experienced the skin rashes or stickiness that other people are reporting...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2010 11:13:00 PM More reviews by maddios

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This deodorant made my armpits hurt really badly, and gave me a rash. It actually made my armpit skin peel clean off. What a gross mess! It's weird because I can usually use pretty much anything, but my mom and my dad are both allergic to antiperspirant and they both use (and love) Tom's.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by whyknot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This just didn't work for my body chemistry. Did not control odor at all, and tho i like the apricot scent I bought, it isn't really a good smell for the underarms, especially when mixed with body odor. Overall, pretty useless. I've had much more luck with Lafe's and Crystal natural deodorants. After trying those, I would never use this one again. Verdict: useless. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by jesslla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product worked ok to control odor but it made my armpits itch like crazy. I also didn't like the sticky feeling it left behind on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Honestly these really are a waste of space, they didn't smell good, and heck they didn't work good. I really wanted to go for something natural, but I guess that's really isn't an option when it comes to deodorant.

I got one for my brother and one for myself when shopping, and I didn't feel like it actually did anything. Did not stop me from sweating and it did not hide the smell what so ever.

The feeling of it wasn't all that nice and quite sticky whenever I started sweating, which is quite often in Southern California. Not only that but I felt sorry for the people around me when I did sweat because honestly wearing this deodorant was basically worse than nothing at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by nevroth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first switch to just deodorant sans anti-persirant when I made the jump about a year ago. I had the apricot one, because it smelled good. Well, that didn't last long. I felt like this deodorant amplified my stinky pits and made me sweat more - GROSS. I tried it for about 2 or 3 weeks before I tossed it out. I've since been using a Jason aloe deodorant and have had none of the issues like I did with this ToM, it must be something in the ingredients. It's not as expensive as Jason so you can give it a shot, but I'd never wear or personally recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

When am i ever gonna find an all natural deodorant that won't irritate my armpits. This stuff stings so bad. Not as bad as that LAVANILA stuff. My search continues =(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2010 11:47:00 AM More reviews by monkeytron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This deodorant doesn't really work...at all. I HATE trying to wash off normal deodorant that has aluminum in it. It's impossible. Still on the search for a good, easy to use deo that doesn't have aluminum in it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 11:37:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

I don't know why everyone is saying how bad this stuff is. I like it. I have been using it for years and years. Let me begin by saying that I HATE the deodorants with aluminum in them, that is all the traditional ones. I cringe at the thought of putting that sh*t on my body and also at the thought of it absorbing into my body (Aluminum is thought to contribute to Alzheimer's and other problems).
Now, about this deodorant. It is a DEODORANT not an anti-perspirant. If you want to literally NOT sweat, you need to clog your sweat glands with aluminum. I don't sweat much anyway during my day to day activities anyway but if I do, this deodorant works to keep it from being totally ripe.
I purchase this in either Lavender or Lemongrass. I think those natural scents are much better than some gross artificial scent you would find from a mainstream deodorant.
This deodorant will not be liked by everyone, that is for sure. I think the people who use it are the ones who realize that it is what is best for their bodies. I feel good about my choice to use this and also find that it does what I want it to do. If you are a fan of natural personal products or what to try a deodorant that is aluminum-free, totally give this a try.