Tom's of Maine Natural Deodorant

2.6

Not tested on animals
Tom's of Maine is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/17/2010 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

After 1 day of use I awoke the next morning to layers of skin peeling off my pits. I don't even have sensitive skin. No thank you.

on 6/11/2010 2:13:00 AM

I love this deodorant!! I have used the Apricot scent for several years now and I really really love it. It took some time for my body to adjust to a deodorant without aluminum in it, but now I am just careful to shave my pits every day and put it on dry pits right away. If I wait or have hair it doesn't seem to work as well (my husband tried it and didn't like it).
When I really start to get hot and sweat I can smell the apricot scent and I love that (I'll admit, sometimes I sniff them just because I like the smell).
The best change I have seen since my switch is that if I forget to put any on (which I sometimes do) I don't smell at all unless it's really hot and I start to sweat a lot. Even then I don't have that itchy, sticky feeling I got when I forgot to use my Secret.
I am a lifetime user. I love this stuff!

I've really been wanting to try a deodorant without Aluminum in it, and this seemed perfect. I bought it in Lemongrass and loved the smell. It goes on easily but seconds after applying my armpits burned and it felt very sticky. I figured this was something I could get over as long as I wasn't putting Aluminum into my body and it wasn't making me stink. But the product only lasted for a few hours before I started to smell. I really wanted to like this but overall I didn't..smells very nice, good packaging and easy to apply but just doesn't work for me. Guess I'm just going to have to keep trying with other natural deodorants until i find one that works!

on 5/15/2010 9:17:00 AM

no more pit stains! i love this product although today it's left me a little sticky. it doesn't really work when i sweat profusely though so i'll probably still wear a normal antiperspirant when i work out.

on 5/8/2010 10:13:00 PM

In general, I think this is a pretty good product! In my area it's the only natural deodorant I can find in stores, and my only choice if I want to steer clear of the nasty residuey antiperspirants. It worked wonders to keep my pits fresh, and any stinkiness at bay. The apricot fragrance is nice. Unfortunately, out of nowhere during my 2nd stick, it just started to burn my pits like crazy, even when I hadn't shaved in a few days. It was like I had stinging nettles in my armpits. Very, very painful. I'm disappointed, because I really liked it and it was working well for me, I guess I just developed an allergy to it. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a natural deodorant, because it's easy to come by and not too expensive. I would, however, warn them that there could be trouble if they're allergic or skin is sensitive to it. I'm bummed I can't use it anymore, now I probably have to order deodorant online.

on 4/26/2010 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've been using this deodorant for the past 5 years. I had trouble with perspiration with normal drugstore deodorants and switched over to this..
and my perspiration stopped.
I have not had any problems in 5 years...and I am in love with the Calendula scent. I tried the Lavender and was not very fond of it..and the Woodspice I semi-enjoyed. All gave the same results of course, same ingredients but the smell I am fairly particular on.

on 4/25/2010 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I really like Tom's of Maine's deodorant stick in the Woodspice scent. It does an okay job of keeping sweat under control, but could be better. The scent is a little masculine but I'm in love with it; it smells like pine trees and Christmas to me. I'm happy that it's aluminum-free. I never experienced the skin rashes or stickiness that other people are reporting...

on 4/24/2010 11:13:00 PM

This deodorant made my armpits hurt really badly, and gave me a rash. It actually made my armpit skin peel clean off. What a gross mess! It's weird because I can usually use pretty much anything, but my mom and my dad are both allergic to antiperspirant and they both use (and love) Tom's.

on 4/22/2010 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This just didn't work for my body chemistry. Did not control odor at all, and tho i like the apricot scent I bought, it isn't really a good smell for the underarms, especially when mixed with body odor. Overall, pretty useless. I've had much more luck with Lafe's and Crystal natural deodorants. After trying those, I would never use this one again. Verdict: useless. :(

on 4/22/2010 12:47:00 PM

This product worked ok to control odor but it made my armpits itch like crazy. I also didn't like the sticky feeling it left behind on my skin.

Top Rated Tom's of Maine Products