December 21, 2014 | 1689 users online

Concealers - Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Eclat No 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by meruhasaea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I returned my Holiday package because it came with #1, meant for pink tones. I'm asian, I need it yellow. Sadly, after forking $40 for this, it does nothing. It blends in with my face and does nothing to highlight. I swiped it under my eyes, brows, chine, along the nose, and upper cheek bones. Barely noticeable. I'm giving this one more week before I return it. It might be better just to use a powder highlighter as it would be cheaper and more effective.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by oddinary

I had high hopes for this product though it turns out, there's nothing really special. I personally only use this for my under eye to brighten the area. I use the tiniest amount, otherwise I'll get white patches under my eyes! I don't detect the yellow undertones in this (maybe because I haven't compared it to the No.1) but the effect is basically like a white eyeliner in the inner tear duct. I can't use this as a highlighter anywhere else because it's too pasty white for my olive skintone. I'd think that there was some kind of shimmer in this...though there doesn't appear to be any? Nevertheless, the packaging is a sure winner. Extremely chic and luxurious and I love the click-pen idea. Other than that, it's really too expensive for the purpose it serves... I have other concealers that do virtually the same thing, so I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2009 12:27:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thanks to Karla at TNBTTGSY, I have finally learned how to use this product for maximum effect and efficiency under my eyes (after having had two of these and swapped them away). The trick is to use concealer on the inner corner and inner half of the undereye area, then use TE on the outer half of the undereye area. This technique is incredible. I get coverage where I need it--on the inner corner and undereye area--and brightness and lift where it's most flattering--the outer half of the undereye area. This discovery has not only made me love my TE, it's made me a bit more adventurous with it. I dab a bit in an upward slant at the outer corner of my eyes and blend well for an instant lift effect. I also use it at the corners of my nose and mouth and the bow of my upper lip for a bit of subtle highlighting. This is great stuff when you figure out how to best use it for your needs.

Here's the link that explains the technique much better than I did:

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 7:49:00 AM More reviews by marlon

Love this highlighter (as opposed to concealer). It does a great job when I apply it (and then blend w/ fingers) under my eyebrow, in the inner corner of my eye, around my nose wings and the corner of my mouth. It hs great effect on my face! I' m very happy with this stuff and should buy this again and again!
It is very important to have hygiene with this small brush and follow with hot water and some mild soap, or cleaned and disinfected with alcohol, dried in air and then put the cover on ( it is need do this every week or two!!!), so the concealer would be fresh and like new and non strange smelling for a whole year ( yes you could have this for whole year!!)!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Ollyli

Not bad, its pretty had to find a nice concealer these days and this is the best one i tried so far. (have tried many)

Still looking for the perfect under eye concealer but in the meantime i will settle for this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2009 10:38:00 AM More reviews by natalia_cheng

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first heard of Touche Eclat, I thought it was over-hyped, over-priced and absolutely useless.
I had tried it on my hand a few times at the makeup counter and thought it was underwhelming to say the least.
I decided to give in and buy it after I heard Teresa Palmer uses it (I know, I know) but when I let the MUA try some on me the effect was laughable.
She put some on one eye and said, "See the difference?"
I wanted to say no and tell her to forget it but instead I did the old, "I'll look at it in the sunlight and come back."
As I proceeded to wander around for half an hour, I weighed up the pros and cons in my head and frankly, there were no pros.
But being me, I decided to buy it and voila!
An absolute must have - it definitely brightens up the eye and makes a huge difference for my tired eyes (a result of sleepless nights studying and partying).

One click does both eyes and under the eyebrows and you just pat it in after foundation and concealer. But I don't really think you need concealer if you use this unless you have really, really dark under circles under your eyes.

I have fair-medium Asian toned skin and the #2 is perfect for me.
The shades are not according to dark or lightness but under tones so #1 has a pinkish tinge while #2 has a more yellow undertone. The #3 however is for darker skin tones and is sort of brownish.

It seemed pointless and expensive at first, but now I love it.
If you have the cash to splash, definitely give it a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 1:25:00 PM More reviews by mjools

I LOVE this product! It really does highlight and brighten particular areas of the face especially under the eyes. It doesn't cake so that's a bonus.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 10:42:00 PM More reviews by madaket

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I feel like a bit of a moron, but once I figured out what this product was for, I realized it was great. I bought it thinking it was a concealer, and was disappointed--in fact, I was ready to throw it out. Then I read reviews here and realized it's actually best used as a highlighter. So I tried it as a highlighter on my tear ducts and I also used it as (i know this sounds crazy) eyeliner. I put it around my eyes, really close to the lash lines, blended it a bit, and just used mascara. It took years off me. I was amazed. So thanks to MUA I will not only keep it--I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by ksavage

I have used this for years, Love it! I have just about everything out there but always come back to Touche Eclat I use #1&2 I have them at my desk, in my purse it's the only "concealer/highlighter" I will ever use. I no longer buy the next new thing on the market I know there is nothing better than YSL!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best Concealer I've ever tried. I've never believed the hype but now I totally agree. It goes on smoothly, gives a good coverage and stays on. Downside, really expensive. Staple product though.