January 30, 2015 | 929 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Hannahawesome

I'm writing this review a little earlier, considering I've only used the kit twice, but I really do like it. I looove the smell of the mico crystals, and the warming effect when you put on the activator serum. I have MUAC's Micro Polish, and I think I prefer this product to that. It makes my skin feel super smooth and healthy. I'm using this in an attempt to reduce the hyperpigmentation left over from pimples, and just to even out my skin tone. I'm using it in conjunction with Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash and Enhanced Lotion (every day, love both so far), as well as Olay Regenerist Thermal Mini Peel (every other day or so, also love). I just started this regime but so far my skin seems very smooth and happy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by SleepyNV

Bought this to try and even out my skin tone and reduce acne scarring. After using this once a week for 2 months, I can say that my skin tone is definitely more even. Less redness overall and therefore scarring is less visible. Your skin will feel very tight and super smooth after using it. I think it is best to use it twice a week (at least for my skin). Love this product! For the price and what it accomplished, I am very very pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this and I'm on my second kit. I use it approx. 1-2x a month, and it makes my skin clear and soft. Kinda expensive at roughly $30 but if you use it like I do it lasts. I found it's easier to rinse off in the shower than at the sink with a cloth. I love the idea of the rubbing on of the crystals and then the warming foaming serum. Makes me feel like I'm really doing something! The shower spray just makes it easier to rinse thoroughly without irritation. I use a refreshing facial spritzer afterward and try not to put anything else on my face for the rest of the day or night (depending when I use it) to let my skin breathe totally. Anyway, I love this kit and will continue to purchase as long as they make it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by talibear

:( Sadly, this didn't do ANYTHING for me.

I've been using it for a month+, and even immediately after one use, my skin is *kinda* softer, and that's it. Period. That's where all benefits of this product end. It may be a half decent exfoliator, but it doesn't come close to real 'microdermabrasion' in terms of how much skin looks and feels immediately afterwards, as well as how it benefits my skin in the long term.

My skin doesn't look healthier, or like its turning over cells better (which would look like, in my opinion, just...fresher? Dry patches/small blemishes would go away quicker?). It's not even softer on a daily basis in any way! My nose is flaky/dry the morning after, and that's including serious moisturization that I use after this product.

I read all reviews and kept leaning towards the good ones since I love Olay products. But really, it's pricey and there are SO many better exfoliators out there (I love Mary Kay, and even L'oreal's made my skin glowy and translucent after one use!). So it's a high 2 on the ratings scale--it's not BAD, but for me it wasn't worth any more than the 5+ other exfoliating scrubs I have sitting in my bathroom.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

With my previous skin care program this was a weekly staple to keep things going. While I do not need it now, when I was using it there was a softness and luminosity after the treatment that kept me coming back. I also noticed my moisturizer absorbed better after treatments with this. Lovely product and if I needed it I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by suzieo123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my hands and legs once a week. I get weekly microdermabrasions and get an Epicuren Enzyme facial once a month. This works great to soften the spots and lines on my hands and really makes my legs super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by filamgirl618

This product is awesome! This is my first product of this kind but honestly, it works wonders. I love that it warms your face and love how fine the little crystals are. After you wash it off you see and feel instant results. After the first time I used it, I couldn't get over how soft and smooth my face was! I even asked my husband to feel my face and he couldn't get over it either! I've been using this product for a little over two months now, though not consistently. Though the price seems a little steep, it'll last you a long time. Definitely a product worth trying out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by caraobrien7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I loooove this kit. I moved to Michigan from Florida a few years ago, and my skin completely freaked out during the winter, flaking and peeling like crazy. I tried everything to get it back to being smooth, but nothing worked. I've always had *extremely* dry skin, but it was horrific when I first moved here.

This kit, combined with a very gentle cleanser and heavy moisturizers, was the only thing that would keep my skin from flaking all over the place. Whenever I started to see my skin looking a little rough, I used the kit and voila!

The price is a bit high, but the kit really does last forever. I only have to buy it maybe 2-3 times a year, and I use it constantly. My only other complaint is that the peel bottle can be a bit difficult to squeeze the product out of. I have dexterity problems so it's probably not an issue for others, but I really wish it was available in a pump bottle. I also run out of peel serum way before I run out of the microderm scrub, so I wish the bottle was a bit larger as well.

Still, I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by snugglebunny72

A bit pricey, ok a lot pricey, however it lasts forever, even using it twice a week. So maybe not to pricey in the end. I came across this on a youtube video, did some research on it, then gave it a shot. Wow, love it!

I like the friuty scent of step one, step two not such a pretty scent. I love the feeling of my skin when finished. I enjoy the feeling so much that I leave it alone, I do not add anything to my face afterward, feels to silky smooth.

I have been using it for a short while now and compliments have been passed to me.

Using it is quite easy, however with fingernails it gets under them, kind of a weird feeling, think something like a tube would be better.

Thumbs up for me and yes I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I am in Loooove with this product! My mother-in-law swears by it, so I decided to give it a whirl. Used it for the first time a couple nights ago and I could feel an IMMEDIATE difference. Here is the breakdown:

PRO's
Clear and noticeable difference in skin
Pleasant fragrance
relatively inexpensive compared to some other brands for a micro dermabrasion kit

CON's
none I can think of so far!!