July 29, 2014 | 1934 users online

Scrubs - Olay - Regenerist Microdermabrasion and Peel Kit

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by talibear

:( Sadly, this didn't do ANYTHING for me.

I've been using it for a month+, and even immediately after one use, my skin is *kinda* softer, and that's it. Period. That's where all benefits of this product end. It may be a half decent exfoliator, but it doesn't come close to real 'microdermabrasion' in terms of how much skin looks and feels immediately afterwards, as well as how it benefits my skin in the long term.

My skin doesn't look healthier, or like its turning over cells better (which would look like, in my opinion, just...fresher? Dry patches/small blemishes would go away quicker?). It's not even softer on a daily basis in any way! My nose is flaky/dry the morning after, and that's including serious moisturization that I use after this product.

I read all reviews and kept leaning towards the good ones since I love Olay products. But really, it's pricey and there are SO many better exfoliators out there (I love Mary Kay, and even L'oreal's made my skin glowy and translucent after one use!). So it's a high 2 on the ratings scale--it's not BAD, but for me it wasn't worth any more than the 5+ other exfoliating scrubs I have sitting in my bathroom.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

With my previous skin care program this was a weekly staple to keep things going. While I do not need it now, when I was using it there was a softness and luminosity after the treatment that kept me coming back. I also noticed my moisturizer absorbed better after treatments with this. Lovely product and if I needed it I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by suzieo123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this on my hands and legs once a week. I get weekly microdermabrasions and get an Epicuren Enzyme facial once a month. This works great to soften the spots and lines on my hands and really makes my legs super soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by filamgirl618

This product is awesome! This is my first product of this kind but honestly, it works wonders. I love that it warms your face and love how fine the little crystals are. After you wash it off you see and feel instant results. After the first time I used it, I couldn't get over how soft and smooth my face was! I even asked my husband to feel my face and he couldn't get over it either! I've been using this product for a little over two months now, though not consistently. Though the price seems a little steep, it'll last you a long time. Definitely a product worth trying out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2010 8:16:00 AM More reviews by caraobrien7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I loooove this kit. I moved to Michigan from Florida a few years ago, and my skin completely freaked out during the winter, flaking and peeling like crazy. I tried everything to get it back to being smooth, but nothing worked. I've always had *extremely* dry skin, but it was horrific when I first moved here.

This kit, combined with a very gentle cleanser and heavy moisturizers, was the only thing that would keep my skin from flaking all over the place. Whenever I started to see my skin looking a little rough, I used the kit and voila!

The price is a bit high, but the kit really does last forever. I only have to buy it maybe 2-3 times a year, and I use it constantly. My only other complaint is that the peel bottle can be a bit difficult to squeeze the product out of. I have dexterity problems so it's probably not an issue for others, but I really wish it was available in a pump bottle. I also run out of peel serum way before I run out of the microderm scrub, so I wish the bottle was a bit larger as well.

Still, I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by snugglebunny72

A bit pricey, ok a lot pricey, however it lasts forever, even using it twice a week. So maybe not to pricey in the end. I came across this on a youtube video, did some research on it, then gave it a shot. Wow, love it!

I like the friuty scent of step one, step two not such a pretty scent. I love the feeling of my skin when finished. I enjoy the feeling so much that I leave it alone, I do not add anything to my face afterward, feels to silky smooth.

I have been using it for a short while now and compliments have been passed to me.

Using it is quite easy, however with fingernails it gets under them, kind of a weird feeling, think something like a tube would be better.

Thumbs up for me and yes I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

I am in Loooove with this product! My mother-in-law swears by it, so I decided to give it a whirl. Used it for the first time a couple nights ago and I could feel an IMMEDIATE difference. Here is the breakdown:

PRO's
Clear and noticeable difference in skin
Pleasant fragrance
relatively inexpensive compared to some other brands for a micro dermabrasion kit

CON's
none I can think of so far!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by JCK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this at my local Zellers on sale for $25 and used it for the 1st time tonight, I love it! I was a little taken aback by the orange color of the derma crystals (I thought to myself that maybe it had gone bad and turned such a bright orange color and that was the reason why it was on sale), however after reading some reviews I realized that this is the normal color of the crystals. I followed the steps as outlined on the box and the results are great! I usually use Biore Preservation Microderm Exfoliator when I need a good exfoliation, and I really liked that product, however I have noticed that my skin feels softer after the immediate use of the Olay product. The derma crystals feel more fine than the Biore Product, but I do like the fact that the serum has lactic acid in it. I will continue on using this product and hopefully be able to update in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2010 9:02:00 PM More reviews by LateLittleSleeper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have some post-pregnancy acne issues that are definitely hormonal, with clogged pores and out-of-control oil production which led to cystic acne, thick-skin and dullness.

After using a topical prescription to get a handle on the bacteria, I've been changing-up my products to deal with both my sensitive/thick skin and cystic acne. This has been a lifesaver!

It thins out my skin by helping me clear away the dead skin that clogs my pores and leaves me dull-toned. I use it maybe 3-4 times a week, and haven't had a problem with it being too strong for that. It helps with turnover and keeps my face fresh and my pores clear. It's also helped fade some post-acne red marks on my cheeks, which have been bothersome since most of my acne cleared.

All-together, I will probably purchase this again and again, or until someone releases a drug store product stronger and more effective.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 12:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupally1

This product is amazing!! Works great, smells good but heres my question: can you leave the peel on for 20 minutes or longer? I have bad acne scars on my back that I'd say are pretty moderate to severe and I thought I would try to leave the peel on a lot longer since it has acid in it, but I'm not sure how long is safe. Thanks if you can help me out here!