Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 5/14/2011 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I couldn't wait to get rid of this! It had a horrid taste and smell, and my lips did not feel nourished at all. Just an icky and uncomfortable experience all round
I have stated before that I really want to like Burt's Bees products, but all of my experiences with this range have been very underwhelming. Its such a shame as I like the idea of natural products which do not test on animals.

on 5/4/2011 2:21:00 PM

I love, love, love these lip balms. Champagne is my favorite color. I love the minty feel and the way they make my lips tingle! Go to lip color when I don't want to be fussy about application!

on 4/21/2011 10:15:00 PM

I LOVE these! I own like 7 different shades, and they are all beautiful. I love the minty flavor, which I'm sure helps make breath seem fresher! Also, they are nice and compact, you can stick it in your pocket and take it with you! And since a lot of times lipgloss ends up being ingested (eating, drinking), it's nice to know this has natural ingredients :-)

not a lot of flattering color available, this isn't as smooth as I wished it were and the tingles with a minty feel which some people might like but I didn't really like it I bought these in two colors and only used each one three times max. I just don't get the hype, but atleast they aren't expensive

on 4/7/2011 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in the shade Watermelon and I'm surprised I like it so much. My mom bought it for herself but didn't like how it looked on her so she gave it to me. After looking at it in the tube, I almost tossed it without even trying it. It's a bright cool-toned pink/mauve color---surely it would look hideous on me (NC20, strong yellow undertones), right? Wrong. I gave it a shot and now I actually find myself reaching for this often, especially when I'm in a hurry. I pair it with minimal eye makeup and MAC Oh So Fair for blush and it gives me a pretty, awake look that takes literally 2 minutes. The formula is pretty much the same as the original Burt's Bees lip balm. I don't find it moisturizing enough on it's own so I put something on before this. I have extremely dry lips though, so I don't fault this product for that. It's expensive for a drugstore lip balm but this is more like a sheer lipstick on me so I really can't complain. I will repurchase when I run out.

on 3/21/2011 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have this product in many shades. Theres watermelon which I love, rasin, and merot.The watermelon looks natural looking on my lips which is why I love that one the most. The rasin looks a bit more red and I wear this over a balm so it won't be as pigmented when it goes on. Merlot is just like the name, its really dark red. These balms are light and they do last a while color wise. They do contain peppermint oil which is drying on the lips, but I keep my lips well moisturized so using this won't damage my lips. However if u are looking for something to sooth ur chappy lips then this is not for u. Menthol is also drying fyi.

on 3/18/2011 5:57:00 PM

great lip shimmer not exactly a fan of the mint factor but not a deal breaker

on 2/25/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just got this and am already pleased with it. I got the shade Champagne because I just wanted a touch of shimmer and not a lot of colour. I had never heard anything about them before so when I put it on, I was surprised by the minty taste and coolness on my lips. I don't love that about it but it's not terrible and it doesn't last too long. These moisturize fantastically and I love the skinny tube. I would definitely buy this again!

on 2/22/2011 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh my. I love this product. I have something like eight different . . . flavors? Rhubarb is by far my favourite. It subtly pops out my lips without making me look like I just drank a gallon of transparent glue, like I know some super shiny lip glosses to do. Caramel is also good. It's the lightest shade (I think) and it just adds a lighter, slightly pinker shimmer. The minty-ness of it is also simply delightful. I have a friend who utterly hates mint, but she loves these. I worship this stuff. I would absolutely buy it again. And again. And again.

on 1/24/2011 4:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love love love !

I love the thinner tube,
the pepperminty freshness,
the moisture stays on my lips,
the smoothness of application..
and it doesnt feel like I have gunk piled onto my lips!

Favorite color I got was Rhubarb. A matte pinky red tone.

Also Watermelon is more of a pinky pink.. with a slight shimmer.
Wine is a matte wine burgundy color.

Recommended for Medium Skin