Burt's Bees Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

3.8

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Ingredients: Lip Shimmers (except Radiance): ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera wax, menthe piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil. +/-: mica, iron oxides, carmine, alumina, titanium dioxide ~~~Radiance Lip Shimmer: ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, fragaria ananassa (strawberry) seed oil, prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, ribes nigrum (black currant) seed oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, sambucus nigra (elderberry) seed oil, tocopherol, canola oil, glycine soja (soybean) oil, +/-: mica, titanium dioxide.

on 6/26/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this tinted lip balm! I have it in Peony. I prefer sheer color on my lips, and this gives me just the right amount of color. It layers well, too, so if I want a deeper shade, it's easy to attain. It also feels good and moisturizes well.

on 6/24/2011 10:12:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

LOVE the Burt's Bees lip shimmers! They are just enough color with moisturizing ingredients - it's a lip balm with a hint of color (well, depending on what color - the darker colors suffice as a lipstick). My favorite is the Peony. I am never without three lip shimmers: one for my purse, one for my car, and one in my pocket.

My only negative comment: REDUCE THE PLASTIC PACKAGING! Make a recyclable, or even better, compostable container!

on 6/7/2011 11:55:00 PM

I've been using this product for years and I absolutely love it! My favorite color is the champagne. The product lasts for a long time and goes on really smoothly. I love the way it makes my lips feel and my boyfriend has even commented on it saying he likes it. :)

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this in Rhubarb. It looks dark muave in tube but when applied it appeared pretty natural for my lips and skintone. However, this balm did nothing to nourish my dry lips. I don't like its shimmer and after prolonged use my lips became drier.

on 5/20/2011 8:53:00 PM

This product is basically your classic, reliable lip balm plus a lip color in one! The lip balm aspect is pretty much the same as the original, but the lip color part is interesting. It's not too reflective, but it does act a distinct, colored shimmer to your lips. I have two, in Champagne and Fig. They are quite pigmented, so the product also has some lipstick properties. I would say it's a cross between a lip gloss and a lipstick. The staying power is a little lacking, but it's pretty good for a product that isn't intended to be used as a lip color.

on 5/20/2011 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm disappointed, it's pretty much the same thing as the tinted lip balm, but in a different tube and or color. I bought caramel, it's nice because it's nude/ very close to my lip color, but it's not different. I'd buy it again because my lips are unevenly colored so I like to even them out and I'd use it for that, but nothing else. As far as moisturizing, just average.

on 5/18/2011 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm reviewing Rhubarb shade.

When I first saw it I thought "omg how tiny it is" - and by tiny I mean smaller than tampon ;)
Before I will continue I must mention that before I got my rhubarb lip shimmer my lips where in horrible condition - extremely dry, with uneven-patchy like colour, lower lip was all cracked... :(

After 1st use of BB Lip shimmer all the cracks on my lower lip became even more visible than before... I was really and I mean really disappointed. The colour was so artificial like after the cheapest lipstick you could ever think of. When I closed my lips the whole colour was gone ... But since I was home I just left it on my lips pissed of like never before.

And then, after few hours I noticed a miracle happen.
All cracks were gone. All lipstick colour seemed to be gone too, but my lips looked so natural - like I was kissed all day. Now, whenever I use it, it looks very natural, but not every day natural, more passion-like natural.

Yup, thats Rhubarb, if you wonder what the color will look on you then I bet massaging lips for a while will give you the idea ;)

The smell could be more pleasant but after a minute you can't smell a thing and I love the mint tingling - great feeling for summer :)
Not sure how it works in winter yet.

I'm gonna recomend this beauty to all my friends! It's a must try and must have!

on 5/14/2011 8:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I couldn't wait to get rid of this! It had a horrid taste and smell, and my lips did not feel nourished at all. Just an icky and uncomfortable experience all round
I have stated before that I really want to like Burt's Bees products, but all of my experiences with this range have been very underwhelming. Its such a shame as I like the idea of natural products which do not test on animals.

on 5/4/2011 2:21:00 PM

I love, love, love these lip balms. Champagne is my favorite color. I love the minty feel and the way they make my lips tingle! Go to lip color when I don't want to be fussy about application!

on 4/21/2011 10:15:00 PM

I LOVE these! I own like 7 different shades, and they are all beautiful. I love the minty flavor, which I'm sure helps make breath seem fresher! Also, they are nice and compact, you can stick it in your pocket and take it with you! And since a lot of times lipgloss ends up being ingested (eating, drinking), it's nice to know this has natural ingredients :-)

Popular Lip Glosses