September 2, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by AmberTillman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE these! I own like 7 different shades, and they are all beautiful. I love the minty flavor, which I'm sure helps make breath seem fresher! Also, they are nice and compact, you can stick it in your pocket and take it with you! And since a lot of times lipgloss ends up being ingested (eating, drinking), it's nice to know this has natural ingredients :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2011 10:27:00 PM More reviews by xbeachparadise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

not a lot of flattering color available, this isn't as smooth as I wished it were and the tingles with a minty feel which some people might like but I didn't really like it I bought these in two colors and only used each one three times max. I just don't get the hype, but atleast they aren't expensive

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 11:06:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I have this in the shade Watermelon and I'm surprised I like it so much. My mom bought it for herself but didn't like how it looked on her so she gave it to me. After looking at it in the tube, I almost tossed it without even trying it. It's a bright cool-toned pink/mauve color---surely it would look hideous on me (NC20, strong yellow undertones), right? Wrong. I gave it a shot and now I actually find myself reaching for this often, especially when I'm in a hurry. I pair it with minimal eye makeup and MAC Oh So Fair for blush and it gives me a pretty, awake look that takes literally 2 minutes. The formula is pretty much the same as the original Burt's Bees lip balm. I don't find it moisturizing enough on it's own so I put something on before this. I have extremely dry lips though, so I don't fault this product for that. It's expensive for a drugstore lip balm but this is more like a sheer lipstick on me so I really can't complain. I will repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by icingfairy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this product in many shades. Theres watermelon which I love, rasin, and merot.The watermelon looks natural looking on my lips which is why I love that one the most. The rasin looks a bit more red and I wear this over a balm so it won't be as pigmented when it goes on. Merlot is just like the name, its really dark red. These balms are light and they do last a while color wise. They do contain peppermint oil which is drying on the lips, but I keep my lips well moisturized so using this won't damage my lips. However if u are looking for something to sooth ur chappy lips then this is not for u. Menthol is also drying fyi.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

great lip shimmer not exactly a fan of the mint factor but not a deal breaker

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just got this and am already pleased with it. I got the shade Champagne because I just wanted a touch of shimmer and not a lot of colour. I had never heard anything about them before so when I put it on, I was surprised by the minty taste and coolness on my lips. I don't love that about it but it's not terrible and it doesn't last too long. These moisturize fantastically and I love the skinny tube. I would definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by SkyeLune

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh my. I love this product. I have something like eight different . . . flavors? Rhubarb is by far my favourite. It subtly pops out my lips without making me look like I just drank a gallon of transparent glue, like I know some super shiny lip glosses to do. Caramel is also good. It's the lightest shade (I think) and it just adds a lighter, slightly pinker shimmer. The minty-ness of it is also simply delightful. I have a friend who utterly hates mint, but she loves these. I worship this stuff. I would absolutely buy it again. And again. And again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by Jesangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love !

I love the thinner tube,
the pepperminty freshness,
the moisture stays on my lips,
the smoothness of application..
and it doesnt feel like I have gunk piled onto my lips!

Favorite color I got was Rhubarb. A matte pinky red tone.

Also Watermelon is more of a pinky pink.. with a slight shimmer.
Wine is a matte wine burgundy color.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:58:00 PM More reviews by popochoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

**UPDATE Nov. 2011** Did the formula change? It doesn't have that same buttery texture, and it doesn't moisturize as well. ** This is my holy grail of MLBB lip balms. I am a PPP with dark eyes and dark hair, and I use Rhubarb or Fig. The formula is amazing - I've applied it on my lips when they were chapped and disgusting and within minutes, the moisturizers smooth things out dramatically. I also reapply during the day; it never gets cakey like other lip balms. Also, the color doesn't streak or look uneven. The minty taste is very pleasant and the tingle is very mild.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are okay. I felt that the shimmer combined with this chapstick made it a little chunky and there were not a lot of flattering colors. It is also not very moisturizing.