December 19, 2014 | 1564 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avon - Anew Alternative Intensive Age Treatment [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Shell14428

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I have been using for about 2 weeks and have seen a big difference in my skin tone and the firmness. My skin looks really good - not bad before but better now. Right now I use the night formula twice a day after cleansing and also am just starting to use the clinical eye lift which I love too. Boy has Avon changed!! Great products and bought them both super cheap off of ebay. In the past I had been using Philospohy and the prices were sky high - so I thought I would try Avon and have been pleasently suprised with the quality of Avons skin products.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2006 12:43:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cannot use this until they change this awful,horrid smell! I wish it'd be a CK type of fragrance as the previous reviewer stated but it's not,it's totally something rancid like dead veggies.A total vomit trigger!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2006 3:17:00 AM More reviews by daisyduke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Am just starting with this product and my first impression is a good one, HOWEVER, I'm not sure if I will repurchase because it is heavily fragranced. Like a CK one type of fragrance. This is my only complaint so far.

Edited to say, I am going to try to find a use for this, maybe my feet, the smell is so overpowering and does not fade I can't stand it near my face. Definitely a no go. They should make this fragrance free.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2006 7:58:00 PM More reviews by tpurcell

I have tried the Anew Alternative Age Treatment for Day with Spf and love it. I originally started with the jar and found it to be ok, but the day version is much better. I can really tell when I dont use it, the difference is noticeable. The smell is great, very earthy and clean. I recommend this product highly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2006 7:32:00 AM More reviews by BluePlanet36

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am 28 years old and just starting to see signs of aging such as forehead lines, crows feet and uneven skin tone. I got this stuff last week and have used it after washing and toning every night. I have oily skin so I was afraid at first but my skin feels like velvet, the blotchiness has disapeared and even my adult acne has subsided. I really think Avon came up with something that WORKS for aging! I hope they DO NOT discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 10:03:00 PM More reviews by chitown73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My mom uses this product and has great results. Since our skin is very similar, I thought I'd give it a try. The first week was great, and my skin looked luminous and amazing. Then I woke up one morning and BAM!, I had tiny red, itchy, burning zits all over my face. I've been slathering on the cortisone cream all day hoping that it will help, but I'm kind of scared after reading the other horror stories here.

UPDATE: I originally gave this a 2 rating. Now I'm giving it a 5! Well, it's been a few weeks and I stuck with the cream and I'm so glad that I did. My skin looks amazing! My skin tone is more even and luminous, pores are smaller, skin is plump and supple and my laugh lines have softened tremendously.

I was able to calm the breakouts with cortisone cream for a day or two. And the breakouts stopped the following week after they started. I think that skin sometimes takes time to adjust to a new treatment, especially if you have sensitive skin or are acne prone. I also think that the breakouts might have been part of a "cleansing period", similar to when you start any type of AHA or Salicylic Acid treatments.

I agree with the suggestions of others here -- Try some of the sample packets that Avon reps are selling on eBay. Currently, there are several auctions for 30 packets (1-2 months supply, depending on how much you use) for less than $5!!! I bought my jar of night cream and bottle of day cream on eBay for $26 for BOTH, and it also came with a cute sequined satin clutch purse. I think the Avon book listed this combo set for $48, which is still a good value. continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2006 3:59:00 PM More reviews by mosaic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first few times I used it, my face broke out. But then after I stopped using it for a while and restarted the regimen, I did not see anymore adverse effect. Overall, my skin is smoother, but I don't see any other radical improvements. But the smell of this cream is just awful to me and hopefully they will come up a different fragrance in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2006 11:43:00 AM More reviews by juliaesands

I LOVE this! I bought samples on Ebay first and have been wearing it for about a week now and my skin is PERFECT! I use the daytime lotion as well and I'm thrilled- I finally have a sunscreen-moisturizer combo! My medicine cabinet seems more uncluttered already. The texture of the product is thick, a little thinner than pudding but it is very spreadable (you don't need much). It soaks in really fast and leaves a bit of a glow. On oily girls this could be way too shiny, but somehow it works well on me. I would repurchase again (considering I can get it from ebay for $13 instead of $32!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by oorfoorf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff....My face is so soft...And all the blotchiness went away....I must tell you that if you are going to try it, give it a few days before you give up...All moisturizers need time for a face to get use to them, so you may feel irritated at first or get a pimple (as with most products). However, once your face has gotten use to it, you will see results...My mother is an Estee Lauder girl and switched to this stuff after 20 years. Saving her 50 bucks and making her happy is a good thing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2006 7:48:00 PM More reviews by flatula

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about 3 months now. I have combination/acne-prone skin. I love that it makes my face so soft and my breakouts have reduced to almost none! If I do start to get a pimple, it is gone overnight! This cream is not very moisturizing, so I only use it once a day--at night. I rarely put anything over it (moisturizers, etc.), but I've noticed as the weather has gotten colder, I do need the extra moisture. As far as anti-aging and other claims, I haven't noticed any difference. Avon's pricing is a little high, but I got a full-sized jar on eBay for $14.99.