October 2, 2014 | 1873 users online

Fragrances - Hanae Mori - Butterfly EDP

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by gleam

I wore Hanae Mori EDP (blue butterfly) for the first time today and received 3 compliments from male co-workers. They stood next to me, inhaled deeply and said that I smelt really really good. One of the guys thought this was a vanilla scent and was really surprised when I told him that this contained no vanilla.
This is very lovely in the beginning but the drydown turns a bit plasticky on me. After a few hours all I can smell is barbie dolls I used to play with as a kid. Not sure what causes this .. maybe the almond? I smell lychees in the beginning and I wish it had more of that resemblance and less plastic on me. ;-)
Not sure yet if I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2007 3:17:00 AM More reviews by pokeadot

overall: i love the mature fruity, vanilla scent. i've been wanting to buy this for awhile but restrained from it since i have this problem with buying perfumes, but never wearing them. i finally gave in, bought it, and have been wearing it everyday. i think it's light enough to wear during summer, but but not too fresh- smelling (like ysl paris springtime fragrance) that you can wear every other season as well. if you're looking for a unique perfume, this probably wouldn't be the best choice because i asked the woman at nordstrom what her bestsellers were and she said hanae mori, blvgari, anf thierry mugler angel. i don't really care though. i've tried using unique perfumes and they just end up being discontinued.
package: it's a tall, flat, elegant glass bottle with a butterfly top.
price: $85 for 50ml.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Icyprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ooh, I love this one! It's fruity and yummy and only a little flowery. I smell strawberries, almonds and vanilla. It's very sweet but I don't find it cloying or overpowering. This is a fun and pretty scent, and a little sexy, too, but soft. :o)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 2:18:00 PM More reviews by MadameBlanc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently purchased this perfume on a whim from Sephora and I cannot say enough good things about it! It is a sweet fragrance, but not the kind of sweet scent that you find in perfumes marketed to teenage girls. The sweetness is tempered by a sandalwood note, which gives it depth. Yes, it is vanilla-ish, but really well done. It is sexy without being overwhelming and the first perfume after many tries, that I "wear" but does not "wear" me ! I highly recommend this fragrance. I bought the EDP but the EDT smelled very similar to me and would be a good choice for warmer weather. I am used to purchasing expensive perfumes so I was not out off by the price - $60 for 1oz and $85 for a 1.7oz. The packaging I found rather boring. The bottle is plain, the beloved blue butterflies are only featured on the box, not the glass bottle. I am giving it a 5 based on the fragrance alone...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by princess_savannah

I really like Hanae Mori's "blue butterfly" edp. It is a friendly sweet gourmand that almost makes one hungry to smell. It is unoffensive, unintrusive, and just an all-around feel good fragrance. I enjoy this and would recommend it to all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2007 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Kin22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first discovered this as a sample from Nordstrom's, and had to go back and buy a bottle. It's one of my favorite fragrances. My hubby adores it, and summer is the perfect time to wear it in the evening. I seem to attract a lot of interest in the insect realm when I wear it in the daytime! This is one of those warm, fruity, flowery, vanilla fragrances that a lot of people can't resist. I get a lot of compliments. My hubby asks me to wear this or Pink Sugar to bed. lol

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by orangepaas

I really like this -- to me, it's a lighter, sweeter version of L'Instant de Guerlain, one that can me more of a daytime, playful fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by alaskanbeauty

NOTES: Strawberries, Bilberries, Black Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Almond, Praline. Why this has lower ratings than the EDT is beyond me, because the EDT & EDP have the same notes according to Sephora.com. I've tried both and they both smell practically the same to me. What a beautiful fragrance! Wow! I feel like I finally hit the perfume jackpot. I smell strawberries in a creamy vanilla musk. I usually love anything with Bulgarian rose & almonds but to add strawberry is just genius! I feel insanely pretty when I wear this. I see this being a compliment getter!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/11/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by DominoCookies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't think of any other cosmetic more personal and subjective than perfume. That being said, I find the Hanae Mori (Butterfly) EDP repulsive in a sickeningly sweet way. It is nauseatingly sweet on me. I love many sweet scents (Vaniglia del Madagascar, L de Lolita Lempicka, Allure, even Pink Sugar!) but this scent was unbearable to me. On the bright side (depending how you look at it), the staying power is very impressive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 5:07:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

While I do think this is a pretty scent. I think it is very dependent on its wearer. On me it was just average. I know for some its just wonderful. I would say give it a try if you like the way it smells. Wear it for a while to see how it reacts to you.