Hanae Mori Butterfly EDP

3.8

Yuck. Smells like a combination of Vanilla Fields and Dial antibacterial hand soap (the orange-coloured one).
Yes, a strange description. Why does it remind me of this? 'Cos I used to wear Vanilla Fields and a young'un, and my mom used this hand soap in our bathroom.
Now, Vanilla Fields gags me.
Didn't like this at all. It smells a bit cheap. I did give it two lippies, though, 'cos even though I think it smells like rubbish, the scent lasted a very, very long time. I washed and could still smell it.
Thankfully, this was merely a sample, and I didn't purchase it. I chose the sample from Sephora, 'cos the description made it sound nice! Unfortunately, this was not the case for me.

I wore Hanae Mori EDP (blue butterfly) for the first time today and received 3 compliments from male co-workers. They stood next to me, inhaled deeply and said that I smelt really really good. One of the guys thought this was a vanilla scent and was really surprised when I told him that this contained no vanilla.
This is very lovely in the beginning but the drydown turns a bit plasticky on me. After a few hours all I can smell is barbie dolls I used to play with as a kid. Not sure what causes this .. maybe the almond? I smell lychees in the beginning and I wish it had more of that resemblance and less plastic on me. ;-)
Not sure yet if I would repurchase.

overall: i love the mature fruity, vanilla scent. i've been wanting to buy this for awhile but restrained from it since i have this problem with buying perfumes, but never wearing them. i finally gave in, bought it, and have been wearing it everyday. i think it's light enough to wear during summer, but but not too fresh- smelling (like ysl paris springtime fragrance) that you can wear every other season as well. if you're looking for a unique perfume, this probably wouldn't be the best choice because i asked the woman at nordstrom what her bestsellers were and she said hanae mori, blvgari, anf thierry mugler angel. i don't really care though. i've tried using unique perfumes and they just end up being discontinued.
package: it's a tall, flat, elegant glass bottle with a butterfly top.
price: $85 for 50ml.

Ooh, I love this one! It's fruity and yummy and only a little flowery. I smell strawberries, almonds and vanilla. It's very sweet but I don't find it cloying or overpowering. This is a fun and pretty scent, and a little sexy, too, but soft. :o)

I recently purchased this perfume on a whim from Sephora and I cannot say enough good things about it! It is a sweet fragrance, but not the kind of sweet scent that you find in perfumes marketed to teenage girls. The sweetness is tempered by a sandalwood note, which gives it depth. Yes, it is vanilla-ish, but really well done. It is sexy without being overwhelming and the first perfume after many tries, that I "wear" but does not "wear" me ! I highly recommend this fragrance. I bought the EDP but the EDT smelled very similar to me and would be a good choice for warmer weather. I am used to purchasing expensive perfumes so I was not out off by the price - $60 for 1oz and $85 for a 1.7oz. The packaging I found rather boring. The bottle is plain, the beloved blue butterflies are only featured on the box, not the glass bottle. I am giving it a 5 based on the fragrance alone...

I really like Hanae Mori's "blue butterfly" edp. It is a friendly sweet gourmand that almost makes one hungry to smell. It is unoffensive, unintrusive, and just an all-around feel good fragrance. I enjoy this and would recommend it to all.

I first discovered this as a sample from Nordstrom's, and had to go back and buy a bottle. It's one of my favorite fragrances. My hubby adores it, and summer is the perfect time to wear it in the evening. I seem to attract a lot of interest in the insect realm when I wear it in the daytime! This is one of those warm, fruity, flowery, vanilla fragrances that a lot of people can't resist. I get a lot of compliments. My hubby asks me to wear this or Pink Sugar to bed. lol

I really like this -- to me, it's a lighter, sweeter version of L'Instant de Guerlain, one that can me more of a daytime, playful fragrance.

NOTES: Strawberries, Bilberries, Black Currant, Bulgarian Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Sandalwood, Almond, Praline. Why this has lower ratings than the EDT is beyond me, because the EDT & EDP have the same notes according to Sephora.com. I've tried both and they both smell practically the same to me. What a beautiful fragrance! Wow! I feel like I finally hit the perfume jackpot. I smell strawberries in a creamy vanilla musk. I usually love anything with Bulgarian rose & almonds but to add strawberry is just genius! I feel insanely pretty when I wear this. I see this being a compliment getter!

I can't think of any other cosmetic more personal and subjective than perfume. That being said, I find the Hanae Mori (Butterfly) EDP repulsive in a sickeningly sweet way. It is nauseatingly sweet on me. I love many sweet scents (Vaniglia del Madagascar, L de Lolita Lempicka, Allure, even Pink Sugar!) but this scent was unbearable to me. On the bright side (depending how you look at it), the staying power is very impressive.

Popular Fragrances